logo

FakeIdentification.co.uk
100% scam!
2. (1 mins ago)
7 Continents Travel
I haven’t received any confirmation letter.
3. (27 mins ago)
immorale trading

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Big Bazaar Complaints & Reviews - Delivery not on time!

Big Bazaar Contacts & Informations

Big Bazaar

Posted:    Chandradip Dass

Delivery not on time!

Big Bazaar is not mature enough to run the logistics of home delivery of goods. Buying products you can carry yourself is probably fine. I bought a chest of drawers, which they did not deliver on time. When I went to investigate I found that they are "too big" to be able to deliver on time. The floor staff had no idea about the delivery staff. The fitter was out of touch with either groups. They just did not have the supply chain logistics in place to manage the task of noting deliveries, making schedules, coordinating trucks, fitters and making it happen as promised on paper. When I went to complaint about non-receipt, they were bitching about each other. Speaks volumes about employee training, attitude and motivation. I am only saddened that Pantaloon Retail seems to be running 2 year Retail Management courses. We need less, not more; of this kind of customer unconcern!

Meanwhile, on the topic of furniture. The Big Bazaar prices are same as in traditional shops (like Shivajinagar in Bangalore) and the traditional shops always deliver as promised. Customer goodwill does matter to them.

More details of my avoidable misadventure on:

Wait for Walmart and Reliance to set up shop, and then you can forget Big Bazaar for good.
Comments India Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2007 by   Uttam Kumar Jha 0 Votes
Big Bazaar Home delivery absolutely sucks... they do not even know how to keep promises when they have made a commitment for some delivery, customers, keep waiting for weeks but they do not get any response from the staff on the floor...

I had ordered for a cot and a mattress which coasted me 9000 rupees, the staff on the floor promised me that it would be delivered with in 5 days so i waited for 5 days, I was very happy on the 5 day that I will get a new cot.. but nothing happened instead I had to wait for 5 more days, in between these 5 days I called big bazaar almost 200 times but I did not get any response from them... one final day I got pissed of I went to big bazaar at 10.30 in the morning,the shop had just opened at that time, went to the salesman who had promised to deliver the product, told him to refund my money but this guy started acting smart.. he kept me waiting there in the shop for 3 hours then he sends me to their warehouse which is located in Chandapur which is out of Bangalore i,e 7km away from Electronic city, I went in my own transport took the carpenter from big bazaar now in their warehouse they made me wait for 3 hours, finally the product got loaded in a truck.. I was very happy now.. I came with those delivery guys to my house and when they started fitting that cot.. guess what? It was not fitting.. it was broken... just imagine my position, after spending 8 hours with those bastards I get this broken product... do not know whom to complain about the customer service given by these Motherfuckers in Big bazaar is so pathetic that I do not have any words to describe...

.....................................................................................................
 26th of Nov, 2007 by   Shilpa 0 Votes
Big Bazaar is a painful experience. We recently brought a Sofa cum Bed from them. The piece was broken when it reached us. After several reminders and complains, there is no response. And now we want a complete refund.
 16th of Feb, 2008 by   Dr. Animesh Maitra 0 Votes
I am very dissatisfied with the service of Big Bazar. I purchased one Study Table in May 2007 . Immediately it was delivered, we found it defective and we complained over telephone. Since they didn't send any person, I personally went to the shop and got my complaint recorded in their complaint book in September 2007. After that again I several times called them on telephone but they didn't care to listen to us. On 1 Feb 2008, I again went there personally and got in writing that they will send some person in one weeks time. But till today there is no action from their end. This is the worst kind of customer care I have ever experienced. I want complete refund of the amount I paid for the defective table they supplied to us.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   dinesh daryani 0 Votes
All these complaints sound so familiar. They have happened with me as well. I bought 2 diffrent kind of chairs from Furniture Bazar in the month of July07. One of them broke as their nuts fell off. The second one's leather base got torned off. Innumerable complaints have logged at the showroom from where I bought (Shipra Mall, Indirapuram) but all in vein. They have useless people with no commitments of what so ever. They give u time & u leave all your schedule behind for their chaps to arrive but no one turns up. They are trained for their expertise in ignoring customers. I had remineded so many times of my tele complaints & complaints which I had written in their dirty register (not at all methodical). I assume no one looks & review to those complaints. They treat their customers like puny. They dont even refuse that they cant help or service, at least then we will not complain.
I have decided for not buying any such product from them & would not recommend any one even dare to buy from them.
They have to reform their staff who should keep their promise if made.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   shakeel ahmed ansari 0 Votes
Dear sir,
I hear that you are giving a franchisee of your
Indian & china produts like a repairing. I am entrested
to take franchisee, so please send me your personal
contact no.&address also.

yours faithfully
shakeel ansari
 11th of May, 2008 by   venkataraman 0 Votes
I strongly agree with the fact that, big baazar is not at all upto the mark when it comes to delivery and customer feedback.

I bought a whirlpool washing machine a couple of days back and i specifically told them that i will be available only after 6.30 p.m. as both me and my wife are employed.

The big baazar delivery came by 6.00 p.m. itself and the best part is they didnt even wait for us, the got a sign from my flat watchman and kept it near my door !!! shocking isnt it ! when i call back coolly the executive said, i will asking the driver to call you sir. After an hour, the driver came and said why you are creating a big fuss in this issue, you might as well keep it inside, can you not ! I really became furious and retaliated, then he asked for apology !

Its 3 days since bought it, whirlpool is yet to send their executive to fit it ! God only will save such people ! I am planning to take them to task when they come home for that !

I am warning all the users who are planning to buy something in big baazar ( more so home delivery ), make sure you give them enough speculations before paying the amount.

I am a great fan of Mr. Kishore Biyani, he is a real visionary and i admire him for the initiative what he has taken, but his people should learn how to handle customers ! hope he take serious action after reading all these complaints .

regards
Venki
 23rd of May, 2008 by   Anonymous 0 Votes
Avoid Big Bazaar like plague...
 24th of May, 2008 by   D.Seshi Kumar 0 Votes
Yesterday, when i went to Big bazaar, i purchased a game CD.and when i came home, installed it and was about to play it, it says the remote computer did not respond!!.when i went to big bazaar, next day, the guy who told me "It will definetly work, sir" Said that they are not responsible!!.And when i went to take my money back, He said that i should contact to the manager!.and the manager said that it is the problem with the staff!.Can anyone tell me what on hell is going on here!!please!I want my money back!And the staff at the billing counter says that it is my mistake!!, if it is my mistake, why will i come back to big bazaar!!, i think that big bazaar is an utter waste of time!!eating money, Disappointing the customer's, and etc...

I hope they take action against this!
If you want take my phone number:-09848126451
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   anil aswani 0 Votes

27th of Jul, 2008 by   Yadvender Singh 0 Votes
I completely agree with the complain given above the most unprofessional people are from Big Bazaar I bough a sofa from this shop and they promised to deleiver me after 13-15 days when I enquired on 15 days they said they are sending right now, I wasted my whole sunday calling on telephone to them and finally sofa arrived at 2040hrs, and without the fitter and they wanted to keep this sofa in my house as it was there warehouse. I told them incase they want to keep they are free to keep but I will not sign the deleiver challan unless there fitter comes and fix. GOD SAVE US FROM BIG BAZAR MENTAL HARRASEMENT AND TORTURE .
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   Guru 0 Votes
I just wanted to write and express my dissatisfaction on the overall experience I have got from Big Bazaar (Hebbal).
It was Sunday, 27th Jul 2008. I went shopping with my parents planning to buy a TV stand. After walking around a particular TV stand appealed to my parents and me, even though we felt it was kind of expensive at Rs.6500/- (price tag displayed). I had made up my mind to buy it and when I went to make the payment I was told that the price was Rs.6990/-. The staff didn't bother to even apologies but just made a mere statement that the price was printed incorrectly on the sheet.
Since I had made up my mind I said I'll go ahead and made the payment. When I asked if I could take the piece along I was told that was the only piece and they'll get it from some other place and deliver it to me. They promised me the delivery on 29th Jul 2008.
Today, 30th Jul 2008, i called and informed them that I have not received the furniture yet and to this I was told I'll get it today (again no words of sorry). I just now got a call from my mom who said that the piece being delivered is not the one which we ordered. I have spoken to the guy who was delivering the piece to speak to the Big Bazaar Furniture section and get the correct piece delivered.
In total I was surprised at the level of service provided by Big Bazaar. In short if this kind of errors are not rectified then the chances of Big Bazaar being in NO.1 position in this competitive world are very slim.
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   Kadappa 0 Votes
I bought a bunk bed from BB Banashankari . The product was delivered after 2 days but the carpenter who was supposed to come and assemble did not turn up even after 2 weeks. I am still struggling to get hold of carpenter but the response is quite poor.

The sales man who sold the product keeps on promising dates but only god knows when they will come and assemble my cot.
As far as furniture are concerned, as someone said correctly, the Big Bazaar prices are same as in traditional shops (like Shivajinagar in Bangalore). For furniture it is better to avaoid Big Bazaar
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   jiban 0 Votes
Same case here, I recently purchased a dining table worth Rs 5000 (cash memo # T39/22363, Chalan # 2171) on 25th Jan and at the time of purchase I was told that since the volumes are high delivery will be madew on 27th Jan which was pretty fine with me. Delivery not done to 30th JAN. I am determined to cancell the order.

JIban

PHONE : 9886489165
BSK 3rd stage bangalore : 85

email: jibanisfree@gmail.com
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   adarsh 0 Votes
i too faced the same problem. i "ve never found such a bad and worse customer care. i purchased one cot and mattress on 26th jan and the due dileviry date was 07 of feb ..but it was not delivered ion said that i tried calling them but no body picking phone even if they pick they were not responding properly. They even didn't inform me for delay in delivery. till today i didn't get my delivery and furniture manager switched off his phone..don't go for anything in big bazar..it like harrasing place.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   santosh shastri 0 Votes
eureka forbes futura from big bazar Complaints - stand nahi diya
View all eureka forbes futura from big bazar complaints
eureka forbes futura from big bazar
Posted: 2009-04-18 by Santosh Dahatonde Send email

stand nahi diya
maine3011 2008 time 18:53:57 ke samay ko big bazar < pantaloon retail < I > ltd rudra point near iscon temple ahamadabah gujrat se eureka forbes futura ka water filter 1599 rs. mai liya tha .khar aane ka bad dekha to usme uska niche ka stand hi nahia tha. maine lagatar 100-200 bar fhon kiya .vaha sao kahte ki hamane aapko bhej diya hai aur apko mil bhai gaya hai .par muje abhi tak nahi mila hai. big bazar se khredi kar ke maine bahut badi galti ki hai. iske aage kabhi purchesing nahi karunga .yadi mera stand dena chahte hai to please 09374989212 par call kare .
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Anup Kr Singh 0 Votes
Big Bazaar is shame on modern retailing. Big bazaar stands of big harassment and big time cheat. I purchased a dinning table in last year in the month of October ( 4 Seater Dinning Set HV GLORY). The dinning table had one year warranty and in the month of August 2009 One was the chair broke down in three pices. I promptly went to the showroom of Big Bazaar at Ambience Mall Gurgaon for where I had purchase it. My complaint was taken and I got a complaint number “ C-68”. It has been more than Four months since then and still that broken chair is lying in the corner and my dinning table has three chairs. Numerous visits to the show room, I have forgotten the number of telephone calls I have made on thee numbers 0124- 2710020 & 2710000.

Requesting aall to refrain from buying anything which might require customer service down the line from Big Bazaar.
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   Deepak Mathur_IBS -1 Votes
I too agree with these remarks. I had purchased a iron Bed from Ahmedabad store on 31 jan 2010, and was promised the delivery within 4 days, but till date there is no response from the store, customer care and manager. Pls dont buy from Big Bazaar. They are mean, selfinsh and unprofessional fellows.
 12th of May, 2010 by   P. Vijayan 0 Votes
Yes, I am Vijayan. I strongly agree all your words. I also affected by BIG Bazaar. They commited door delivery, but after 7days i could not able to get my purchased things(provision items0 worth Rs 3600/-. it is absolute worst company ever experienced with other local market companies.

Biz bazaar is a biz cheating company. No body responding for our calls regarding delay in delivery.

Person who attended my call on 11 May 2010 at 8PM(044-45011470, 044-43069215), is responded my quiry, instead they kept me waiting for 45mts.

Please do not go to Biz bazaar, it is sure if you go in you will be cheated. Lot of China items with higher price than other shop is the beaty of biz cheater biz bazaar.

Regards,

P. vijayan(9600074025)
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   Sachin Bhatgare 0 Votes
I'm going with the similar experience. I purchased Computer Table on 14th august 2010 and till date its not delivered.
 4th of May, 2011 by   ANANYA CHOUDHURY 0 Votes
I, Ms Ananya Choudhury from Haldia purchased one double bedand one cupboard on 2nd May'11 ans was committed by the Big Bazaar shopkeepers that the items would be delivered on 3rd May by evening positively. But on 3rd May neither the items were delivered nor they informed anything to us from their side as they were responsible to inform us, even on calling them they refused to deliver that day and were giving some excuses. Till now I haven't received my items and my trust on their customer care service has already gone away. If this remain the attitude of their service then very soon then customer complains will damage definitely the reputation of Big Bazaar. I am very much disappointed with the service of Big Bazar.

Why Smart People Do Dumb Things