logo

Dont work here!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bidz.com, Culver City, California Complaints & Reviews - Scam and fraud!

Bidz.com Contacts & Informations

3562 Eastham Dr
Culver City, California
Phone: 310-280.7375
www.bidz.com
I started following Bidz.com thinking the merchandise and the return policy were on the up and up and easy as so many on-line services are. The pictures of the jewelry are enhanced in color and size and the description never seems to fit the merchandise received. I cannot believe that people are really bidding on merchandise such as diamond rings that state they are worth 10's of thousands of dollars. The poor person bidding on them are paying thousands and probably get an inferior product. I only bought semi-precious stones which never looked as colorful as the picture and when bidding in increments of $1.00 the price went up by 2 and 3 dollars without showing who you were bidding against-probably the company itself. I have bought items twice, missed the fifteen day return policy on one order, and the process you go through and the rules for returning the second order and the inflated S & H was also ridiculous. I can't believe you have to get authorization/permission and then there is a restocking fee to return an item for whatever reason. DO NOT do business with this company-someone is laughing all the way to the bank and it is never the consumer.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Nov, 2009 by   txtorando70 0 Votes
I have been an online shopper for years and came across Bidz.com about three years ago. I purchased many semi-precious stones encased in necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets and not once have I had an issue. In fact, my now husband, purchased my wedding ring through Bidz.com. I am not a diamond lover and I appreciate the color of blue sapphires. I found two sapphire rings that struck my fancy and gave him the choice of which one I wanted. We were married in January 2009, it's now November 2009, and I must say that there has not been one problem with ring. The stones are set wonderfully, the ring is as described (I had to get it resized due to the fact that my ring finger is a size 4.5 and no one carries that size!). All in all, I've not been disappointed. Good luck and God bless.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   Redfrckle 0 Votes
I ordered two designer sterling bracelets and a sericell from Bidz.com. The sericell was $1 but I paid $16.95 in shipping. The sericell took 2 weeks to arrive and I was nervous because there was no communication, but it did arrive and it's a perfect gift for the person I got it for. I have no idea of it's value, but it was a gift for under $20 that meets my needs.

The bracelets arrived within 5 days, and they are gorgeous, high quality. I have since found the same bracelets available online for slightly less if you count the shipping charges, but easily within 10% of the total I paid.

So, I think I overpaid on everything because of the ridiculous shipping charges, but all in all I am happy. Maybe I got lucky. Based on the other reviews, I will research carefully before ordering from them again, and will only use a credit card I trust will back me up in a dispute, should one arise. But I did not have a bad experience with them at all for my first time.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   xcellent 0 Votes
I have strong evidence of fraud and scams by Bidz.com and have a number of compalints before commerce watch dog organisations and law enforcement agencies, including the FBI. I encourage anyone who has any evidence of this companies unscrupulous dealings, to do the same. Complaints can be made to the Better Business Bureau, the Atorney Generals Office, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and of course the FBI through their Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Please visit this facebook page for some interesting information. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2893&id=100000550064203&saved#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000550064203
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   xcellent 0 Votes
Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org

Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

16th of Dec, 2009 by   xcellent 0 Votes
Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221

16th of Dec, 2009 by   xcellent 0 Votes
Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

21st of Dec, 2009 by   monn 0 Votes
I am from australia and my sister actually bought a sapphire and diamond ring from bidz.com... she works for a reputable jewellry store here and when she received the ring had it valued with her company... she bought the ring for about $200 and it was valued at around $2000 so she definitely did well... i ordered a ring off bidz.com as well seeing my sister had been extremely happy with her purchase... i waited, but it never came in the mail not to say that maybe someone in the postal service could have flogged the dam thing but after telling bidz.com my money was refunded promptly... i still intend on purchasing a ring or something soon
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   michigantiger 0 Votes
I have to agree with the rest: the custom servise is nightmare! I spoke with the representative to place my very first order. Before I placed an order, I asked if my order would be held and shipped a few days later. The answer was a resounding yes. After the order was placed, she immediately changed her position. I have to go through an hour's ordeal to get through the phone line to get the promise the package can be rejected when delivered. I have to wait and see it this time thepromise is held.

I become a grumpy customer before I even received any products from bidz.com. Things do happen for a reason, and I guess they earned their reputation. The only good thing is that I don't have to pay for the shipping to return.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   sadijara01 0 Votes
I totally agree! I bought 6 rings, lower level, and out of the six I kept 2, one because my girlfriend liked it online, and the other because it was just a simple silver ring. The rest were quoted as being 10k and 14K and the 14k was so thin that it almost broke trying it on. I took them to a jeweler who said that all of the rings together were maybe worth 20.00 I returned the items immediately although I am still waiting for my refund and I specified that the items I received were not of the quality that I was led to believe. They still made money. The refund was not in m account when it was supposed to be. I am really disgusted in this site. It truly is a scam. None of those items are worthe even half of the quoted retail price. BUYER BEWARE!!!
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   sadijara01 0 Votes
BUYER BEWARE!!! This site is nothing but a scam. I ordered 6 rings and took them the day I received them to a jeweler to be appraised...He said I would be lucky to get 20 for all six and that was pushing it because the gold was the flimsiest and weakest he had seen, no weight to it at all. I paid over 200.00 They were christmas presents that I had to send back. When I inquired about my refund, they said it was sent to my bank on christmas eve, gave me these bogus numbers and they took 15 percent that they said was because the merchandise was returned because the buyer didnt like it. when i explained that it was not represented correctly online they refused to acquiesce. I am still waiting for that credit back to my card which was supposed to have been a week ago. i hope they get a fraud case agaisnt them. they are a scam truly. Do Not Purchase from them at all. You will not receive your money back!
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   Brownie46 0 Votes
Well, after purchashing 2 items from them, afer reading this it, s a little confusing. Some people are happy, some not. I, ll just have to wait & see. Will post an opinion when I recive the items. Brownie 46.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   Satria 0 Votes
i just bought a Tonino lamborghinio watch for about 150. when i receive the item, i was so shocked that there is a sticker attach to the box that the item is made in CHINA.. i'm so confused is my watch is genuine watch o a fake watch.. please help me...
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   PriestessMercury 0 Votes
I've made several purchases from bids.com and have never had a problem. My favorite ring I got was a 10k white gold ring with amethysts and diamonds about a year ago. With shipping (which was I believe $10.95 at the time) it cost me a little under $50. I was skeptical and when at the mall one day i was browsing in Zales and asked the clerk to appraise the ring for me and she valued it at about $250, it was a little less then the $300 listed on the site, but I was very satisfied. I just made a purchase today and was very happy to see the new shipping prices, they range from fedex smart post to fedex overnight and you are no longer charged per item, the more you ship at one time the less s/h you pay each item. And to people who have said the items look smaller then what the thought, uh, yeah... they are obviously enlarged to show detail and they do put that nifty 1 inch mark above each item, so you can gauge how large the item really is ._.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   stoic1ness 0 Votes
Thankful, I only spent $32 ($14 of which was shipping and handling) with Bidz.com, but it was a complete rip off. The item I purchased was advertised as a sterling silver ring with a garnet. The item that arrived...well, it's sort of funny actually. It had the 925 silver stamp on the inside...BUT IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN, AND BACKWARDS. Plus, it had "made in China" stamped on the other side. In addition to this, the ring gives me a rash on my finger if I wear it too long, which is something that happens when I wear copper, not silver. So, I believe what I received is a silver plated copper ring. Which was NOT what was advertised. And it may not have even been silver plated...it might just have been painted for all I know. I'm just lucky that I didn't have to spend to much to learn my lesson, and I would definitely warn people against shopping at bidz.com
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   Happy Bidder 0 Votes
I have bought some costume jewelry pieces that I LOVE. I will continue to purchase if I find something I like. I have bought about 25 items in the past two years. I was disappointed with maybe one purchase because it was smaller than it looked online. I didn't return it however. I look closely to the details as a result of that.

If you want high quality jewelry, you should go to a jeweler. Buying sight unseen is taking a lot for granted, however some of the items are a steal and well worth the price.

Happy bidder..
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   STEVIE D 0 Votes
i have purchased from then for years I THINK THERE ITEMS ARE GREAT SWISS MADE WATCHES if you bid more than you should thats your fault

they start all auctions at a buc SO WHATS THE BEEF EVERY ONE MAKES A FEW DOLLARS ON SHIPPING
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   STEVIE D 0 Votes
I HAVE PURCHASED FROM THEM FOR YEARS
ALL ITEMS START A A BUC SO WHATS THE BEEF
BID WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY
NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THEM GOT SOME GREAT DEALS
SHIPPING HEY EVERYBODY MAKES A FEW BUCS ON SHIPPING I DO
IF YOU BID TOO MUCH JUST DONT PAY FOR IT THEY DONT CARE GET OVER IT
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   HarriAnn2 0 Votes
I worked at a Pawn Shop for over 7 years, and want to share with some of what I learned there. Jewelry pricing can differ greatly from vendor to vendor. Average markup on jewelry can be 800%. Any company that carries their own credit will always charge more to cover the creditors who do not pay. When ordering from any jewelry company, try to access your price by what the jewelry would be if scrapped. On watches it is best to know the value of the watch from more than one source. I think that if you are going to order from Bidz or any other site, it is best to have some knowledge of the value of jewelry.

One of the first complaints I read about Bidz is that people are continously outbid by professional jewelers. Think about it, if the professional jewelers are buying the merchandise of Bidz, sorry, it just isn't bad or they would not be buying it. Logic.

I have bought some items from Bidz, and been pleased with my purchase, I always try to add in shipping and handling, etc. They deliver directly to my home, with signature required. Unless one has a loop and knows what they are looking at the chance of being ripped off by any jeweler is great. If you want to make sure what you are getting go to a reputable Pawn Shop, they will only take jewelry in that is real, so that if it does not sell, they can scrap it.

Good Luck
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   schamartin 0 Votes
I bought a 3 carat diamond supposedly worth 30, 000 on their appraisal papers- I paid 4650---- I took it to several jewelers and they all laughed at me The highest dollar figure they gave me was 200.00 I threw a fit and Finally got my money back
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   Kimaro45 0 Votes
I just bought a valentino watch off bidz.com worth 1645, and i only paid 345( including shipping and the 2 year warranty). I am really scared now if that its all a rip off. I called them twice, and they told me thet the watch is 100% authentic and it should be here on time. So you think they are fooling around or its actually authentic??

How to Avoid Healthcare Fraud