logo

EXACTUS INFOTECH SOLUTION PVT LTD
Fraud placement service
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
‚ÄčThe mit manager Joseph Botros Jr told me it's not possible.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Better Homes & Gardens Complaints & Reviews - Poor customer service

Better Homes & Gardens Contacts & Informations

Better Homes & Gardens

Posted:    Yolanda A.

Poor customer service

Below is a copy of my correspondence with Better Homes & Gardens. I bought a back issue of one of their magazines via their website for my son's bedroom. We were interested in purchasing or building the bed with build in shelves. The magazine sent did not have the information. I sent a reply as listed below and spoke to a rep via the subscription line, who could offer no further contact numbers (however, was kind on the phone-unlike the customer service for the email responses.) To date, I have not had any further information from BHG. My feeling is that the customer base is so large that they feel that it is of lesser importance to reply to something so small as a request for information regarding a purchase.

My thought is: "what would the advertisers who sell products listed in their decorating pages think of the fact that a consumer wanted to purchase and was blown off?" Please post this for other BHG subscribers to think twice before renewing the magazine.

My first email in March to you did not go through due to an error on my part (frustration.)

Thank you so much for posting this!

April 9, 2007

Thank you for contacting Online Customer Service. I have forwarded your e-mail to the appropriate department.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Online Customer Service

From: "Yolanda Abellana" <yabellana AT hotmail.com>
To: <orders AT bhg.com>
Date: 3/23/2007 3:30:00
Subject: RE: Thank you for your payment (Response #1367855)

The information automatically pulled up when I clicked on the room site and showed me your order form. It came up as "this room cab found in this issue" and listed the amount. I followed your online directions and bought the back issue.

Are you going to supply me with the information for the MOD ROOM or are you more worried about whether or not I am asking for a refund? I can honestly say that the response below has me less enthusiastic with purchasing a subscription or ever bothering with BHG again.

Never mind: I will send the magazine back in the original box. Please place a refund my credit card. I will send it certified mail--- just in case it gets lost. I will not trouble you with an inquiry into any of your products or services again.

From: "Customer Service" <orders AT bhg.com
To: "Yolanda Abellana" <yabellana AT hotmail.com
Date: 22 Mar 2007 16:35:40 -0500

Thank you for contacting Online Customer Service. Please let us know where on our website you saw the information. If it was in one of our newsletters, please let us know the name and date of the newsletter. Please send us specific information regarding where it was located and include the link to it if possible.

When you respond with this information, please do so by hitting reply so that we have a complete record of our past correspondence with you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Online Customer Service

-------------- Original Message -----------------
From: "Yolanda Abellana" <yabellana AT hotmail.com
To: <service AT bhg.com
Date: 3/18/2007 7:15:49

Good Morning Meredith,

The BHG internet site page told me that the magazine that I ordered would have the MOD BEDROOM listed in inside. My husband is very interested in either buying or creating the headboard and the black table as shown. Which of the issues has this information inside?

Any assistance would be wornderul as we go to settlement the 1st week of April and wish to have the set by then. Thanks so much! Yolanda

From: <bhgorder AT crm-inet.com
To: yabellana AT hotmail.com
Subject: Customer service notification
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:34:49 -0700 (MST)

Dear Yolanda abellana:

Thank you again for shopping the Better Homes and Gardens store at BHG.com.

We have shipped the item(s) below. We will update you via email as we process any remaining items from your original order.

555755 KIDS ROOMS, SUMMER 2006

Your package has been shipped via U.S. Postal Service.
You may track your order by going to www.usps.com.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Better Homes & Gardens complaints
Better Homes & Gardens - Morons

Comments

18th of Apr, 2008 by   Janet Harper 0 Votes
Hi BH&G, I'm not sure if I am in the right spot or not, but whenever I signed up for the magazine, it said if I took it for two years I would get a free Betty Crocker Cookbook, needless to say, I still haven't received no cookbook. What is going on. I really would like to have the cookbook. Thanks so much.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   scverkerke 0 Votes
Have been trying to reach customer service at BHG with no success...just purchased 2 free years + cookbook for $20.- plus Country Home mag for $5.- for 1 yr. Would like to get a confirmation of my order but no luck.

Dollar Rent a Car Hidden Fee Scam