logo

HP Gas
Non delivery of LPG cylinder
2. (3 mins ago)
Google.com - games
Refunding of Money to my credit card
3. (6 mins ago)
onlinelidocaine.com
Seller is thief and doesn’t provide orders
4. (17 mins ago)
Homeopathystore/Homeopathic medicine
Not sending the medicine, not responding to emails
5. (20 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating

Bethany Christian Services
bethany.org
Bethany Christian Services is a scam. They are in it solely for the money. They do not care about the needs of the parents or children. Don't let the Christian in the name fool you. They can't be trusted. The communication is terrible. We were told not to call our social worker. We were only allowed to email her and we would go weeks without getting a response. If we tried to call her, we would get called into a meeting with her boss and get yelled at like children. They are very nonsupporting and should not be in this business. If you are thinking of adopting, do not use Bethany Christian Services, particularly the office in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008 by   Renee 0 Votes
Elizabeth,

I hate to hear that you had that experience with Bethany. I have a great friend of mine who adopted her son through them here in Atlanta. She and her husband had no trouble whatsoever with them and still maintains contact with their office. Perhaps it was the office (or person) you dealt with.

I wish you all the best with your adoption journey. It will work out for you and your family in spite of that episode.

Best Regards,
Renee
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   MChamberlain 0 Votes
I just spoke with a friend today who is working with Bethany. She said she would never use them again or recommend them. She said that they just blow them off when they make inquiries. Her husband was told to "calm down" when he called to try to get an update. The date when their child is supposed to arrive seems to be a moving target.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Amber 0 Votes
Horrible experience Bethany in Grand Rapids, MI. I have gaurdianship of two children who have been assigned to Bethany. They do everything they can to undermind any progress the children are making. They are in this strickly for the money. I should have followed my first instinct to have another agency assigned to the children.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   mch7182 0 Votes
I gave up my daughter about 8 months ago and I was going through Bethany Christian services. I realized now that it was a terrible mistake, the adoptive parents don't even make an effort to contact me and make me feel comfortable. It's an open adoption but I rarely ever see my daughter and when I do try to write them, they have their case worker write me back instead. And also at the visits, their case worker is always there. I feel like I'm being monitored because I'm a bad mother or something. I don't regret giving up my daughter but I regret giving her up to these parents. I feel like it's all an act, of course they are going to be nice and caring when they want your baby, but after everything is all said and done, they could care less about you. I just feel that all Bethany is concerned about are the adoptive parents and not the birth mom. It shouldn't be that way, it should be fifty-fifty. It's not like I didn't love my daughter, I just wanted her to have a better life, but I thought if I chose open adoption, I would be able to have a connection with my daughter and the family, I guess I was wrong.
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   bunneeboo2 0 Votes
This organization does NOT "keep families together" as they tout. My son was left out of the entire process of an "open adoption", which does not only seem unethical, but illegal. Unfortunately, we were unable to retain a private attorney to fight them or the birth mother. This "christian" organization was nothing of the sort. I am starting at the District Attorney's office and will work my way up to State's attorney and to Federal, if necessary. This is a travesty.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   Adoptionmama 0 Votes
My husband and I adopted our son through Bethany in 2008. I have nothing but good things to say. We had a wonderful experience as did the other 8 couples who adopted around the same time we did and went through the process with us. I am still in contact with my son's birthmother and we have a great realtionship that was encouraged through the agency. I plan to return to Bethany in the future to adopt again. I was in constant contact with my case worker and even now over 3 years later I can still call and talk with her. Everyone who I know personally who adopted through Bethany only has good things to say.
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   charlyr322 0 Votes
I contacted Bethany to get information about international adoption knowing that at the time we did not qualify for any of the international programs. We wanted to get the information so that we could plan and save to make this possible when we were eligible. I went through the correct channels and even called and spoke with someone that assured me that the person handling international adoption would be able to answer my questions and give me the information that I needed. I received an email that very next day. However, it was far from the informative notice that I was expecting. This person very coldly informed me that we were not eligible for any of the programs and that Bethany could not help us because we did not make enough money. My husband and I knew full well there were some areas in the requirements for international adoption that we did not meet. However, I explained in each "Comment" area that we were looking for information as to what the official requirements were so that we could move in that direction. We are able to have children, we felt that we could give a child that needed a home a stable and loving environment. I can only imagine what a couple would feel like that was unable to physically have children if they were give this rude and cold reaction to a request for information to make it possible for them to start a family. I seems to me that this adoption agency is only concerned with the money portion of adoption and could care less that about any other aspect. One would expect from an agency professing to be Christian in orientation that they would be more concerned with the welfare of children and families than money.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   bake-me-a-cake 0 Votes
BCS is a dirty business. They refer to the mother as the "birth" mother, before she has given birth!! That's manipulative & gives her the impression that she has no option BUT adoption. Additionally, they gift the expecting mothers with a free laptop & cell phone. That just serves to plant a seed of guilt in the women. Making them feel like how can they keep their baby? They feel indebted to the agency for the expensive gifts!! And when the expecting moms own counselor works FOR the agency & the prospective couple, she has a conflict of interest. Therefore she is unable to provide neutral support to the mother. She certainly isn't going to assist the expecting mother in learning about the many resources available to her, should she choose to parent. Who is advocating for the MOTHER? Nobody. The primary goal should always be to keep the child with their natural family. Unfortunately adoption is a lucrative business & the adoption agencies are in it for one reason, the money!! If they truely, truly cared about the women and their children, they would have fliers packed with information on resources available to low income & single moms. Things like: food, housing, car seats, even free college!! But of course they never focus on the mother MAKING a choice. They focus on getting her to believe that she can't keep her baby & that by giving the baby up for adoption, she's saving him some horrible fate. If the mothers are refused resources she can obtain by choosing to parent, how is she making a choice to give her child up for adoption? I've read countless stories of women who were manipulated by this "Christian" adoption agency. One woman wanted to take her baby home but felt she could not because she didn't have a car seat. The hospital provides them, free of charge, to new mothers who need one. But of course she didn't learn that until it was too late. :(
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   Shannin Monarch 0 Votes
Bethany Services is NOT Christian

They repeatedly gave me chances to do services to continue to get paid from the state. I DID those services and when it was obvious the state would have to give him back becaue of my compliance they did a termination. It was baffling to my lawyer and I. One of two of their witness one who works for thes state actually sided w m and my progress. The other was non other than bcs case worker. Who repeatedly lied on stand which my lawyer pointed out. When asked if they were doing this because they had ppl who wanted to adopt the answer was no. HA non profit is a lie.
 23rd of Feb, 2013 by   jah lyrix 0 Votes
I lost both my kids to bethany christian services...i never abused them or nothing i was basically young and needed help because my mother was on drugs...i went to every visit..found a job like they told me to, and when i couldnt work around my visitation schedule i had to quit it because to me my kids were more important and they faulted me for that...i wanted my kids so bad that i took out a school loan to pay for an apartment to bring them home to..i was just trying to do everything to get my kids back..they were mean and separated me from my parent mentor who told them i was a great mommy anddesrved my children..they felt like she got too close to me and lied in my favor..then ladt but not least they sent me to a shitty place for a hair test and somehow cocaine was found in my hair...so i demanded another and they denied it so i went to the #1 place for accurate hair tests (the hospital) and paid out of picket to get one done..professionally and sure enough there was nothing in my hair!! I had the dude who took it and my parent mentor who came wit me testifu...but they claimed i.put somethin in my hair to clean it when i had the exact same hairstyle!!! Im hurt to this day that they would rip me from my heart and soul..they r definetly not christians...God dont like ugly!!!

You Don't Have To Pay For Cable TV