logo

Home Depot
Practicing Bigotry
4. (1 hr 6 mins ago)
Light In The Box
Poor Customer Service/Dress made wrong the wrong size!
5. (1 hr 22 mins ago)
Paradise Galleries
Receiving dolls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Beta Finance Company, Inc, Tampa, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Over charging interest

Beta Finance Company, Inc Contacts & Informations

Beta Finance Company, Inc

Posted: 2011-02-28 by    Carissa Lynn

Over charging interest

Direct Buy
Tampa, Florida
Phone: 8139070643
Direct Buy stating they were financing. Then we received note from Beta Finance and the interest rates are very high. I have attempted to call the number they provided, 800 733 3737 and have not received a call back. The letter from them is signed "JOSE extension 806". NO LAST NAME. What company with ligitimate rates, employee contacts, etc would sign just "JOSE" with out a last name and no title or anything? Their first bill arrived on Feb 23 2011 AND WAS WRITTEN ON FEBRUARY 7TH. THIS WAS A REMINDER NOTICE... NO PREVIOUS BILL HAD BEEN RECEIVED. Now, I can not reach to inform of this late arrival date and I certainly do not want insane late fee due to their inability to send promptly. I don't even want to pay a different company for this service. Direct Buy did not represent the delivery fees were so high and that equals about the same as in a store. It was very misleading. I bought a bedroom set, and I am still waiting for them to fix the broke leg on dresser and it's been months.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Beta Finance Company, Inc complaints
Beta Finance Company, Inc - Harrassaing Bill Collection

Comments

28th of Feb, 2011 by   Angela R F 0 Votes
I too joined Direct Buy and I am disappointed with their sales tactics. I am quite sure Direct Buy is aware of the high interest rates and who knows thay might be getting some kick backs from it.
I just called and left a message on their advocate line and I am awaiting for a call back.
I am eager to payoff the account and save money on the interest I would pay.
Direct Buy needs to do their job and find a good company that will not rip off its clients. Bad publicity goes along way. I am stuck with them but I assure I will never refer anyone to them. I will tell as many people as possible the shady business practices of Beta Finances and Direct Buy.
I am going to go further on my pursuit I am going to contact the Comptrollers office and Consumer Affairs to investigate.
Thanks for the opportunity to share.
Angela
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Angela R F 0 Votes
I do not usually complain about anything. But, when I feel I am being taken advantage of it upsets me and i have the passion to pursue and verbalize my disdain for any injustice.

How To Spot Cosmetic Product Scams