logo

Clearly Fit Lab Simply green
not a free trial
4. (23 mins ago)
pobama25@europe.com is Legit
fake id and fake passport
5. (27 mins ago)
Zulily.com
No incentive to shop there anymore

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    SBlaine

Itunes gift card

Best Buy
New Jersey
I received an $50 Itunes gift card for Christmas of 2009. On 2/28/10 I finally decided to use it. When I went to scratch off the back to get the activation code, the substance erased part of the code. Since I knew it was purchased at Best Buy, I decided to go to the store in West Paterson, NJ to see if I could exchange it. After waiting on line forever, I spoke with a rep who basically said that without a receipt there is nothing they could do for me. I indicated to them that I just wanted the code, there had to be a way for them to retrieve it. They said no and there is nothing they could do. So I asked to speak to a Manager and got some guy named "Jonathan". He was unprofessional. Once I explained the problem to him he basically repeated the same line but stated for everyone to hear, "how do we know if there is even a balance on the card if we exchange it"? I was insulted that he was implying that I was trying to get over on his store for an insignificant amout of money. Especially when I was just trying to get the activation code or a contact number for assistance. So I left and went to the Apple store. What a difference in customer service. The manager listened to me, showed me the way to contact itunes support, and had one of his people walk me through the process while I was in the store, which involved e-mailing suppor with my issue. All I needed to provide was the serial number and the activation code numerals I could see. Within 3 hours they resolved the issue and I was able to use my card. The point was the lack of professionalism by Jonathan and the other Best Buy staff compared to the people working at the Apple store. Best Buy lost a customer...
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

How to Save Money on Tax Preparation Services