logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
3. (9 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
4. (10 mins ago)

Posted:    Jamaal

Liability

Best -Bank
Georgia
I answered an ad on the popular job site www.indeed.com for a part time driving position. The duties were to transport a mans wife 3 or 4 times a week for personal errands, 2 or 3 hours at a time FOR $500.00 per week. The creator of the ad, the alleged husband was supposedly in China on business and the supposed wife was in London awaiting for funds to be transferred from me via western union.I have to admit at this point i thought it was a little strange, why not send the money the your wife personally and i would start to be of service to her once she arrived. I thought it was all a joke until the check arrived. Once i was the ACCEPTED candidate the initial $500 was forwarded to me via UPS. The actual check and was written on a JP Morgan/Chase Manhattan account and gave a -Delta Airline P.O. Box for an address. The amount was for $1977.70 cents. I was to take my advanced cut of $500 and wired the remaining amount to the wife in London. Being honest i did exactly ass instructed. I went to my local Best Bank branch inside Kroger who told me i would have to deposit the check and wait 5 to 7 days for it to clear. I did not like the sound of that so i left and ran some errands. While out i ran across another Kroger Best Bank branch and decided i would deposit it. However, this particular teller verified the funds and told me the money was available NOW!!!. I cashed the check and deposited $500 in my account and per the instructions wired the remainder to a London address. I then get an email thanking me for my honesty and promptness. About five days later when i tried to use my -Best Bank ATM card and was declined twice i went inside a branch to see what the issue was. I was then told that i had a outstanding balance of $1426.00. After telling me that the funds were available and cashing the check only to find out later that the check was fraudulent, i found out Best Bank had made it good to JP/Chase and pass the buck the me saying i was liable because i cashed the check. Mind you, i would have deposited it and waited for it to clear had i not been told by the teller the funds were available now. I might be naive, my honesty was taken advantage on but i certainly did not intend to defraud my bank. I was the one defrauded and you're me i am liable. Does not the bank have the responsibility to make sure the funds they are issuing are legitimate? So these two giant corporations have gotten together internally and satisfied one another and passed the buck to me. The JP Morgan/Chase account was open and available according to the loss prevention department at Best Bank. Best Bank honored the check. They made the mistake, their security system and measures failed them an i should not be liable for that... II guess i will go to my grave owing them... Advice please...
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009 by   SMCVAY 0 Votes
I HAVE HAD IT WITH BEST BANK AND THERE BULL . I HAVE HAD A DISPUT WITH BEST BANK SINCE 8-26-08 I DEPOSITED A CHECK I WAS ACCUSED OF FRAUD HOWEVER THE CHECK CLEARED I EVEN GOT A WRITTEN LETTER FROM THE BANK IT WAS WRITTEN FROM STATING THAT IT WAS CLEARED THE NEXT DAY. I SUBMITTED ALL OF THE DOCUMENTATION TO THE BANK FOR THEIR SO CALLED LOST PREVENTION A HOLD WAS PLACED ON MY ACCOUNT I COULD NOT EVEN GET OUT MY MONEY THAT I HAD BEFORE THE DEPOSIT. SO THEY TOOK OFF THE HOLD PAID AFEW CHECKS ALLOWED ME TO USE MY CARD AGAIN AND THIS WENT ON 3DIFFERENT TIMES THEN THEY STARTED STAMPING MY CHECKS ACCOUNT CLOSED. MY ACCOUNT WAS NEVER CLOSED I WANTED TO BE REINBURST FOR THE ADDED CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT AND TO THIS DATE THEY REFUSE TO HELP ME OR GIVE ME SOMETHING IN WRITING . I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP I PLAN ON GOING TO MY LAWYERS OFFICE AND PROTEST OUTSIDE OF EVERY BEST BANK I SEE AND WRITE A LETTER TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUERO.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   DONT BANK WITH BEST BANK PLEASE!!! 0 Votes
Best bank is the worst bank i have ever banked with. I just opened an account last week and made a check deposit. When i deposited the check, the teller told me it would be availble on the june 26th, (two business days later). when i checked my account balance on june 26th, the money was not availble. I called the branch manager of the liburn branch to find out why the money was not there and their excuse was its pending and will be released later in the day. I was upset because my car was in the repair shop and i was looking forward to getting it out and i needed money to pay the shop, so i decided to call customer service and inquire about releasing the funds, to my suprise they told me that my funds would not be availble until july 9th, thats just crazy. My check was a local check drawn on a local bank and Best Bank wanted to hold it for 2 weeks, when the branch manager (jeorfy jenkins)asured me that it would be availble on june 26th. this is a major inconvience as soon as my funds are released im opening another bank account. This is my first deposit and its a disaster. When i tried to call someone in the corporate office the customer service representatives were so rude and routed me to someone's answer machine. Word of advice best bank (guarenteed bank) just put your for sale signs in the window, because if have this kind of service you will not last as a company, the number one successful element of all fourtune 500 companys is their customers and the rate you guys are going a person would have to be desperate for a bank account to trust you with their money because i'm not, goodbye and fairwell!!!
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   dtatl2010 0 Votes
BestBank is just a sham, stuck in the 80 or 90's way of banking, their online system sucks. I just opened an account with them because they were in every Kroger in GA and supposeably be open 7 days a week which shortly changed to only designated banks.

I tried using their Easy Advance Program, however I was declined 3x times, the first 2x is because of my deposits not equaling $500 over the past 3 months. On the first I didn't know the requirement, the 2nd time I thought it meant 3 statements until I asked and they told me it had to be 3 full months. So I waited and I had way more than $500 per month for 3 months requirement but I was declined again.

So I decided to contact customer service and they told me that I didn't have enough deposit, they listed only a few of my deposits, so I went and copied and pasted my account statements with dates, I received an email from I guess the headquarters which said a "Branch Specialty Manager" would be contacting me because it is out of their capabilities. Needless to say NOBODY ever contacted me.

Their fine print states "The $25 will be charged regardless of approval". So I guess its a good scam for the bank to make free money without having to do anything. They probably just decline everybody and take their $25.

Sorry I am not impressed at all and I no longer put much money in it I only keep $10 in it and I am thinking about closing it. There is no benefit with BestBank at all, I just stay with BankofAmerica at least I can make ATM deposits, transfer money for free, and their online tools & ATMs are way ahead of the game.

BestBank, the way you do business you will be another failed GA Bank soon!
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   bobbie123 0 Votes
BEST BANK, it sounded good, too good. In the end I'm glad I had kept my Chase bank account open. I tried Best Bank for 3 months, until my account went into overdraft status when it should not have. What I learned was that what your Best Bank on-line current statement said you have is a day behind what you actually have. They told me that they allowed debit card transactions to post because it takes a day for them to actually catch up to what the current balance actually is. So of-course they charged $35. for every transaction that should have been rejected in the first place. I had direct deposit so 6 days later on the direct deposit day I checked the account expecting them to take what I owed them +fee's of-course only to discover that they closed the account. So at that point my direct deposit was in cyber limbo until it got returned. Not only did they close the account without ever trying to contact me they also reported to CHEXSYSTEMS that I was an account abuser/NSF activity. Since they reported that to Chexsystems they expected me to pay them the overdraft+fees and then they would allow me to re-open the account. (Knowing the whole time that since they reported it to Chexsystems I could not get another account elsewhere). They basically tried to hold me hostage. Even paying the fees they refused to remove the Chexsystems entry. I've never been treated that way. Sould be called WORSTBANK EVER. DOOMED TO FAIL. I still have my Chase account and they are out the money because I will not pay it if they wont remove the Chexsystems entry. BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM BESTBANK IF YOU VALUE YOUR CREDIT.
 16th of Oct, 2010 by   xavier_gaiden 0 Votes
Best bank rates are really pretty lousy. I followed my friends advice to check out online banking and I am glad I did. My friend told me about http://banktruth.org which reviews and rates the best banks. They're pretty honest and even have a very helpful chart that lists the top rates of the day. Anyways, compared with Ally bank or Discover bank, best bank is not the best bank. They need to change their name. However, they have better rates than chase and other big name banks.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Big E in GA 0 Votes
Best Bank is horrible!!! They are constantly trying to sell you something you don't want.
I went in to make a deposit and the teller tried to open an account I did not ask for.
I figured out what she was up to and left. They are crooks beware
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   maestro9987 0 Votes
Stay from any Guaranty bank subsidiary
 11th of May, 2011 by   Jaynicia99 0 Votes
I have a Best Bank account and kept my Chase account and I'm glad that I did that. Best Bank is the worst ever. I'm in the process of changing my direct deposit back to Chase. I wanted two banks and since this one is in damn near every Kroger, I thought this would be a better experience seeing as how Chase is always trying to sell you something.
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   mrandle 0 Votes
I have always used phone banking to check my account balance. I loved that it is 24-hour ready available to access my information. I thought it was convenient because I could always check to make sure I had available funds before making a purchase! However, when Best Bank updated their phone system, it changed my access PIN number. For a month, I have not been able to access my account information still. I have called and reported my PIN problem several times and the customer support rep has told me that they are forwarding my problem to IT department and to check back later. I gave up on the phone issue and decided to start using online banking to check my balance because I was given no other option. However, in the process of paying the service to have internet access at home turned on (to check my balances), I was given a fee! In conclusion, I have received a charge for NSF on my account for 35.00. This is so very upsetting and dissapointing. Especially considering it could have been avoided. Is there any way this is reversable? OF COURSE NOT! The hours are great for me. However, it takes days for an ATM deposit to go through!!!
 21st of Nov, 2012 by   zaraa 0 Votes
Best bank is the worst bank!! They over drafted my debit card out of nowhere with a $50 purchase I didn't make & then send it to the wrong address for 3 weeks and I get slapped in the face with 3 different overdraft notices of $36 which was rediculous! So they wave them since it was their mistake, now I'm hit with another over draft (that was paypals fault) & they send that to the wrong address and charge me with 2 notices and since they waved them not too long ago for their old mistake they can't wave my new one!! This is rediculous I'm leaving best bank and their retarded banking system!!
 20th of Dec, 2012 by   Tired of stupidity! 0 Votes
Best bank is for people that have NO MONEY! If you do have money they make it absolutely impossible to access your funds! This bank needs to be shut down! My husband opened an acct there just to have a local bank being that we are military and have always banked with USAA & NAVY FEDERAL...the $500 daily debit limit is a fu@$ing joke! It's Christmas time you Assholes! They make it impossible to make transactions! And if you need to withdraw 3 grand or more, you have to give them a 72
hr notice! It's my f'n money and I want it now! Lol closing this account down ASAP! Stopping all deposits!
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Elissar75 0 Votes
Best Bank must be for people who either have no money or never check their accounts...no matter they are not the best, but the worst. I decided to bank with them due to their convenient hours of operation, and their proximity to my job. Now, the hours and days of operation have changed and their customer service is horrible! I relocated in August and changed my address online. In October, they started charging me service fees for mail being returned to them. I contacted customer service about this matter; they verified my info; apologized; said they were reversing the fees; and notifying the Mail department to straighten this matter out. A week and a half later, I was charged again for the address thing all over again! I called customer service again, and dealt with another agent. She apologized, verified my info, and stated that they had made another mistake and she was correcting it at that time. She informed me that the fees would be reversed. I informed her of my fear of being hit with NSF fees and my account being thrown off, and she reassured me that this would not happen because it was their fault and not mine. They hit me with NSF fees anyways. I called back a couple of days later when I became aware of what happened. Another agent verified my info, apologized, and then tells me that he did not see where any fee reversal requests had been made, or any messages sent to their "Mail" department. He then tells me that he is correcting the problem (can I believe this?). He then tells me that the NSF fees should be back in my account the next morning. I find out the next morning that he did write up the report, but my account has been frozen to "protect me from being charged any more fees, so I will not be able to use my bank card for 48 hours! Take in mind, I had to drive to the closet branch, which is no where near where I live. I tried calling a local branch, but the customer service rep answered the phone; I told her my issue; she then tells me with much attitude, that they were not open yet and hangs up on me! Protect me...no way! I am being penalized for their mistake. I do not live near any local branches!!! I pay everything with my card!!! So, now I have to utilize other funds because of their mistake of not doing their job. Why offer online address changes if you are not going to even use it!!! As soon as my account is accessible, I will be moving my money to another, reputable bank. Anyone looking for a bank, beware of this institution. Now, I also tried to speak with a supervisor, and was told she was busy and could not help me anyway. Wow! So, their mistakes, a crap load of attitude, and locked out of my account for 48 hours! Stay away fro this bank. It is not worth the headache they will cause you because they could care less about you!
 14th of Feb, 2014 by   s washington 0 Votes
horrible customer service. all the overdrafts they charged my account before my direct deposit hit. soooo mad at them chain effect over 11 cents. Bank of America is not like that.
 14th of Feb, 2014 by   s washington 0 Votes
It happened to me too. I am soo mad at them right now. I will go
into the branch let them know and close my account. They charged me overdraft
also pending a merchant's attempt to withdraw the day before it came through,
two times. It happened once before but this time, such a big domino affect. Its
like they sit and wait to see whats coming and charge you. I am soooo furious. No courtesy toward their
customers. She lied in customer service saying they give their customers a courtsey call. Liar Liar Liar. My cell phone is updated
and I answer every call i get. I will let everyone i know who bank there what has happened
to me and warn anyone who plan to join. I am tired of it. They do not care
about their customers. I was 11 cents short and was charged $37.00 three times
and then a continue fee of $36.00. They won't give me my money back, well you
will lose many more customers. I live on my computer, I interact with many
people and have much time.
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   Jamilasauda 0 Votes
Best bank is awful. They have an overdraft scam. If you don't check your balance often they will assess an overdraft fee that will send your account into a negative balance then tell you that something "may" have been pending but they can't see it. The print out will show that the only thing that sent your account into a negative balance was their overdraft fee! I was assessed 5 overdraft fees in a month! Did I forget to mention that I have direct deposit into this account! I'm so damn done with these little mom and pop banks and their BS. Tell everybody that this bank sucks!
 29th of Apr, 2014 by   onerchprk 0 Votes
That is the oldest scam in the book. You are a Fucking Retard for falling for this 199 year old scam. Stupid ass people like you deserve to be ripped off you stupid Fucking Retard!!!

How to Save on Health Insurance