logo

EZTrader.com
Scam
4. (29 mins ago)
Cache Creek Casino Resort
I felt harassed, intimidated and humiliated
5. (38 mins ago)
Global Consults America
SCAM!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Benfield Complaints & Reviews - Insurance fraud!

Benfield Contacts & Informations

Benfield

Posted:    Rocco Yallum

Insurance fraud!

Beware of Benfield Ladies. Do Not fall for the Wellness Plan (Scheme). In a nut shell, I my wife, seeking the best of care for our six year old Golden Labrador Retriever Macx, went to Pet Smart (Franklin Blvd Gastonia, NC), bought the insurance and brought him on a regular base. Macx developed a lump on a toe and was constantly biting at an open sore on his foot. They bandaged it, prescribed antibiotics and sent him home. Within a few days and two more visits, the toe was larger and became infected. Benfield, playing on my wife’s emotions, coursed her into buying a more expensive health plan, saying the plan she had would not cover the treatment (not true). We put no monetary value on our pets’ health; as a matter of fact Macx has better coverage than I do. The next day, Seeking a second opinion (in Bessemer City) the Veterinarian immediately (looking at the wound) diagnose possible cancer in the toe. The Vet also remarked that if it was caught sooner the consequences could have been avoided. Because Benfield did not, diagnose or treat it properly, Macx lost the toe. Then upon a biopsy and x-rays the Vet found, the cancer had spread into his leg. Macx life is now cut short by Benfield negligence, where, rather than treat the patient, they postponed it to get more $$ and greed to sell insurance... that in the fine print has a clause for full payment.

Note, within a week of her agreeing to the higher insurance, and finding the vet that diagnosed and took care of the problem, she sent letter and made phone calls to Benfield to cancel the plan. Now Benfield is demanding $300.00 (that they are not entitled to) has harassed her by mail and phone calls and put a blemish on her credit record. They are insurance scammers in ever sense of the word. Where have you ever heard that you could not cancel any policy, especially with in a week? Given the fact they were paid handsomely for what they did not do correctly in the first place. And that she did not continue treatment with them at all from the time of signing a new plan. That she is obligated to pay them, even if their lack of professionalism (negligence)cost a life. Beware Yours, Rocco Yallum roccosand@msn.com.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2008 by   cliff donovan 0 Votes
I had to seek out a "regional manager" to fight to get money back from Banfield. I was in a store that was a "training center" (St. Petersburg, FL- the Tyrone Mall area Pet Smart) and they would take in new vets to train them to work for PetSmart and after a few weeks ship them somewhere to work. I had NO idea this was the case only knew that each time i went there, it was a DIFFERENT SET OF VETS. Finally found out when a vet told me what was going on. One vet from India, a woman was rude, nasty mean and really upset me by insulting me for my cats being sick. another openly admitted that he vacinated sick cats which you are not supposed to do because their system can't take it and he laughed when he told me as if he didn't (he obviously didn't) care. i had a "manager" try to clip my dog's nails and I had to call him off. He had my dog pinned to the floor while in banfield and he was not even a medical person, just an office administrator. That place sucks. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE SO CALLED GOOD PLANS. i had exrays of my dog and they charged me to read the exrays!!! reading the exrays was not included and the reading of them was more than the exrays, very expensive. told a local vet who couldn't believe there was a high fee to read exrays that they took. i was there when a lady rushed in holding her dog who had just been hit by a car. TRUE STORY. THEY TURNED HER AWAY BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T BILL PEOPLE AND SHE WOULD HAVE TO PAY EVERYTHING UP FRONT. THE DOG HAD JUST BEEN HIT BY A CAR AND SHE WAS HOLDING THE DOG...THEY TURNED HER AWAY. staff was always horrible and rude, mean and outright nasty.
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   Claudia Allen 0 Votes
DON'T GO TO BENEFIELD PET CENTER IN NAPLES FLORIDA !!! THE VET IS CRAZY, AND IF HE TREATS OUR PETS LIKE HE DID ME...THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!! PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PET ALONE WITH VET...HE IS A TIME BOMB WAITING TO EXPLODE ! I AM REPORTING HIM TO VETRINARIAN BOARD AND BENEFIELD HOME OFFICE !!! THE STAFF IS INCOMPETANT ALSO.

I BUY MY MONTHLY FLEA & TICK TREAMENTS THERE FOR ALL 3 PET IN MY FAMILY, IT IS IN THE COMPUTER WHAT I BUY EVERY MONTH OR SO. I WAS SENT HOME WITH AN 18" COLLAR FOR A DOG THAT ALWAYS GOT A 25" COLLAR FOR 3 YEARS AND THE ADVANTIX. AFTER I OPENED THE PACKAGE (YES I KNOW IT IS A STATE LAW AFTER OPENING IT CAN'T BE RETURNED) I PUT IT ON MY DOG AND IT WAS TO SMALL. I CALLED WHEN I GOT HOME AND THE VET TECH SAID "SORRY FOR YOUR INCONENIENCE, TAKE THEM BACK' THE COMPUTER DID SAY 25". I TOOK THE COLLARS BACK AND DR. GROSSHART, CAME OUT AND SAID, WE CAN NOT CHANGE THESE THEY HAVE BEEN OPEN...WELL YEAH, I TRUST MY VET TO KNOW WHAT HE GIVES ME ! I ASKED FOR A LARGER ONE. HE SAID, TAKE YOUR DOG IN AND I WILL MAKE IT FIT. I HAVE A 52 POUND SHEB INU (OH, BY THE WAY, HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT BREED MY DOG WAS WHEN I BROUGHT HER IN INTIALLY) SHE MAY BE BIG, BUT SHE IS AKC REGISTERED WITH PAPERS.
HE SAID IN FRONT OF ALL CUSTOMERS AND PETSMART CUSTOMERS "JUST GIVE IT TO HER, TO GET RID OF HER, WE DON'T NEED THE BUSINESS" !!! I HAVE SPENT $100'S OF DOLLARS THERE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS AND BENEFIELD JUST GOT MY LAST $65. A YEAR AGO JUNE, MY DASCHUND, RUPTURED HER SPINE AND WE DROPED OVER $6k, INITALLY STARTING OUT AT BENEFIELD THEN TO A REAL VET IN ESTERO !!! KEEP YOUR PETS AWAY FROM BENEFIELD...OUTRAGED !!! THEY ARE RUDE, AND NEED TO GET AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT FROM HOME OFFICE, BETTER STILL GET RID OF HIM !!!
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   MAYELA 0 Votes
I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE THERE TOO, AT THE BENFIELD ON GREENVILLE AVE IN DALLAS TEXAS, AND I TRIED TO CALL CORPARATE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY COULDT HELP ME .THEY SAID I HAD TO SPEAK WITH THE OFFICE MANAGER WICH BY THE WAY WAS ON VACATION, I HAD TO WAIT 8 DAYS TO TALK TO HER THE VET WAS RUDE WHEN I QUESTION HIM ABOUT BEING SO QUIK TO PUT MY DOG ON STEROIDS HE THRETEND ME TO NOT EVEN LET ME GET THE PRECRIPTION IF I DIDT DICIDE HE TOLD ME THAT WAS HIS LAST RECOMENDATION AND SAID "IM BUSY AND THATS THAT BYE"AND LET ME STANDING THERE IN FRONT OF THE NURSES.THEY ALSO ONLY RECOMEND ESPECIAL FOOD AND SHAMPOOS THAT THEY CARRY AND DONT GIVE YOU OPTIONS TO BUY ANYTHING ANY OTHER PLACE .ITS LIKE IF YOU WHEN TO A DOCTOR AND THE ONLY LET YOU BUY FROM THERE PHARMACY WITH NO OTHER OPTION ITS INHUMANE AND MEAN.PLEASE DONT GO THERE FIND OTHER OPTIONS YOUR PET IS PART OF YOUR FAMILY .WOULD YOU TAKE YOUR PET WERE THERE LOOKING AT YOUR PET LIKE A MONEY SINGN OR WERE YOU KNOW THERE ACTUALLY TRING TO FIND SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   Mullberry 0 Votes
I knew something else was going on with Benfield in Virginia. I had a feeling that they are schemers because every time my dog goes for the comprehensive exam they find something on him. They are always suggesting to make all this blood tests to make sure everything is fine with my dog and they come with "nothing is wrong"; of course, this is after they take my money for all this according to them "necessary". When my dog gets very sick I end up paying big amounts of money anyway, why should I paid about $450 in a year?

Shortchanging Scam