logo

Nokia Uk Mobile Promo
Fake lottery
2. (29 mins ago)
Debonair Dogos
Debonair Dogos PUPPY MILL ALERT! Debonair Dogos debonairdogos.tripod.com , www.dogo.net , debonairdogo.tripod.com www.debonairdogoargentinos.com
3. (29 mins ago)
Makeover Essentials
scam, corrupt
4. (40 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
Do not purchase from these guys
5. (1 hr 17 mins ago)
Keranique
Rude customer representive

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bella Clear, Boulder, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges!

Bella Clear Contacts & Informations

Bella Clear

Posted:    karla

Unauthorized charges!

Bella Clear
Boulder, Colorado
Phone: 18007300042
www.bellaclear.com
It was suppose to be a free sample only 4.95 for s & h. There was no invoice with the product and two weeks later i got charged 80 dollars. Total rip off!! No where did it say i would be billed again.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2008 by   sylvia reid 0 Votes
Yes, i have been receiving this product every month and i have well over enough that i don't even use the products/ kit. I was only to pay for shipping and handling for this and now they have charged my account 3 seperate occasions for 85.00 dollars. I am extremely upset and will continue to proceed to have something done!!! I suggest that if this has happen to you, to please fill in this comment text as well. This is truly a ripp off, and its called fraud as well.
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   Larry Mitchell +1 Votes
Dunno how they got my card nunber, but bank security called me. No payment made... I lost nothing except changing my card.

Got package from them today, gonna give it to ladies at the bank and dare the Bas***** to try and bill me.

Bella Clear... Thanks for the FREE gift.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by   Robin Young +1 Votes
I signed up for a free trail offer. 3 weeks later I received another kit and a bill for $85.00. I now have too much of this product. I am upset about this and as a government employee, I will be investigating this company further.
 12th of May, 2008 by   Frieda +1 Votes
I got custody of my fifteen year old neice who had a bad cause of acne. Bella Clear popped up on my computer. Free Trial for only the cost of shipping $4.95. I entered my credit card # and a short time later my banking account was charged $78.41. I called customer service and they said ship the package back and once we receive the package we will refund your money. Now they say the package was not received quick enough and they are not refunding my money. I think Bella Clear is a scam and they need to be shut down. Buyer Beware!!! Dont be the next victim to their money making scam.
 24th of May, 2008 by   angela +1 Votes
When I signed up for the product they said I could "try it" for $4.95 but if it wasn't sent back/canceled by the end of the 14 day period they would charge me $80.00 (which for acne product is a bit excessive) your complaints are obviously making them more honest or you didn't read the fine print. but i am guessing it's more their fault.
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   Bobby Mason 0 Votes
I had the same problem with getting the sample and then having an automatic 80.00 taken out of my account with a second shipment of product that I never agreed to.

I can say that customer service did expediently take care of it - However I was very upset to have this amount taken from my account without authorization/.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Michelle 0 Votes
o signed up for a free trial with Bella Clear. However before I did anything with my credit card I read all the fine print. It states that after the ten day trial I would be charged for the full price of membership and would receive additional packages at the same price until instructed otherwise. I wrote down the phone numbers. A few days after receiving the package I used those phone numbers, which also are on the pamphlet that was given to me inside the package. When talking to a sales representative I was on the phone for only 10 minutes. They offered to let me keep what I had for 20 dollars or send the entire package back to the company for the price of shipping. Usually shipping isn't more than 10 dollars.

One thing I found odd was another company, Ivory White, uses the exact same return address and phone messages as Bella Clear. I believe the two are apart of a larger company.

I didn't suffer any outrageous charges because I took all the proper steps ahead of time to ensure I wouldn't. I was completely aware that unless I sent the package back by a specific date, I would be charged over 50 dollars. The main reason I posted this comment is because I want everyone to be cautious like I was. Always read the fine print. A company could be held legally responsible if the customer was not previously warned about such possible charges and must, by law, state the risk before taking any information from the person. That's why there is fine print. I'm not a lawyer or anything like that. Just a 20 year old who is very weary with her money but wants to try products to try to enhance her style of life.
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   heather +1 Votes
i agreed to free trail offer and then went to cancel. they said i already cancelled and was not eligible to cancel again. and because i missed my cutoff date to send package back in, they charged me the 70 something dollars. i spent 3o minutes talking to two representatives telling them i had never cancelled in the beginning and wanted my 15 days to start then to return the package. they offered me NO proof i had cancelled the date of ordering and said it was too late and they would charge me and not consider letting me cancel presently.

DO NOT even think of getting the free trial!! They took my order, then cancelled it unilaterally, then turned around and told me it was too late to return product. keep in mind, the way they did it, my time was tolling before the package was even shipped to me.

i read all the fine print and acted accordingly. what i could not foresee, however, is that they would fraudulently start my time to toll for a return without my knowledge. they absolutely would not acknowledge they might have made a mistake and would not return my money. i had to take it up with my bank and contest the charges since they say you can cancel but ultimately would not let me cancel.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   SHADE +1 Votes
I did the same thing eveyone else is talking about. When I saw the charge for 78.00 on my credit card, I called and cancelled. I wanted to send it back, so the girl said I could keep the product and instead she would send me a gas card for 60.00. Well it turns out that the "card" is a rebate coupon that can only be used in 10.00 increments once a month. Then to get your rebate check, you have to send them the coupon with a reciept for the gas, then WAIT for that rebate check to come in. I called and told them I wanted to send them back the coupon along with the crappy product and she said "sorry...once you choose the coupon, there's no going back. RIP OFF!!! Do not order this bogus garbage!!!
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Amy 0 Votes

Opt out - Bella Clear

Get off my debit card...
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Ann +1 Votes
I placed my order for a free trial for which I thought I would get trial sizes to try and decide later whether to continue. I received the package yesterday and decided to cancel. I called them today and they informed me that the package needed to be received by them within 2 weeks or they would bill me for $78.41!! They said that I could keep the trial package for about $20 rather than return it, but I told them I was going to return my shipment and wanted to cancel future shipments. Hopefully, if I return the package by overnight tomorrow it will get to them before the trial period is over. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - THEY SEEM TO BE A SCAM! Unfortunately I did not read about them before I ordered!
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   catherine +1 Votes
what i can suggest so that no unauthorized charges will be made on your credit cards is get the 'SHOP SAFE' feature so what these companies can do and charge is the only amount you authorized. No future charges will be incurred against your cc. So take a look at the shop safe thing. Before i order, i put specific amount like $4 only for S&H. That way, i have peace of mind theyre never gonna use my cc information for something and make collections.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Deb +1 Votes
I'm in the same situation as all of you, I never requested this f**** product, I don't want it, actually I NEVER WANTED it, I don't even have acne problems. And if I did, I would certainly buy ProActiv for about $40. I don't like trying out products from brands I never heard of. I called the number on the package and the very RUDE man wouldn't talk to me. I started complaining and it seemed like I was talking to a wall. I'm really pissed off!!! They sent me this F*** product through a fake sales call from American Express. I can't believe I was dumb enough to accept it. F******* B********** (*@(*#&(@*&$#$*&@#$*&*&@#*&$#$@*&*&#
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Deb 0 Votes
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   holly +1 Votes
i never ordered the product dont know how they got my info my account was charged so i called them they say they recieved product back but wasent in time i was past the 10 days i never order and they wont refund so i called my bank again and i have to sign a paper to have the charges revered they are a scam and i hope no one else get scamed by them again i never order there product i dont have acne problem i better get my money back
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   Kayla +1 Votes
This company is a joke. Signed up for a 4.99$ free trial not even 3 weeks ago knowing when I recieved the trial pack I needed to cancel the account. I do not currently have a phone at my disposal, so I used the "convenience" of their cancellation form. So much for that! Now have a charge on my bank card and no product! I called customer service and they're telling me too bad so sad. I don't even know how I'm going to eat this week! It's freaking madness and I have no idea what I'm going to do.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   April 0 Votes
I got a $69.87 charge to my bank account and I have NEVER heard of this company! When I called to cancel, I couldn't speak to a supervisor either. I was told that a 3rd party gave my contact and account information to Bella Clear. I was also told that I received a package that I DID NOT recieve and the only way I can get a refund is to return this package that I DO NOT HAVE! They have no signature confirmation to prove I received the package either, but I was told to work it out with my local post office! God help the supervisor that calls me back! This is UNREAL and it is FRAUD! Next call is to the Better Business Bureau!
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Richard Hart 0 Votes
I was double charged for a single order. Please take one off and credit my account fo9r the other!
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Richard Hart 0 Votes
I was double charged for a single order. Please take one off and credit my account for the other! Thank You.
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   vampath 0 Votes
HERE'S HOW TO BEAT THEM AT THEIR GAME:
I got my trial and the very same day that it arrived I went to the website to cancel. I had read all the terms and I'm sorry to tell you all but it DOES in fact say that you'll be charged the $78.41 EIGHT days after ORDER PROCESSING. Since we as customers have no way of knowing when "order processing" took place, I decided to play it safe and go ahead and cancel. So, you go the the website, click 'easy cancel', it'll give you 3 options, click 'request RMA' and you'll have about 14 days (don't quote me on that, but it'll give you an exact date) to get it back to them.

I fell for this trial crap through another site that has an ad on Facebook, something about a free Nikon camera. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. They have you sign up for all these free trials for small fees (around $5) but then you get to the end and you have to book a $2000 vacation. If you ask me, THAT is the real scammer.

All this being said, I actually do notice a HUGE difference in my acne just after two days. I hate to say it but this Bella Clear may actually be working. I've tried everything and nothing has worked without severely drying my skin. I have mixed emotions about this because I do not have the money to pay $80 a month but I'm really enjoying this product. Ugh. Catch-22.

In closing, I just want everyone to please READ EVERYTHING before you sign it. And anything you charge to a credit card you can dispute, BUT if you agreed to the terms, you're screwed. What I do is take a screenshot of the terms before I sign up. I also called Bella and spoke to someone about some questions I had and audio recorded the convo on my cheap little MP3 player. You can't trust anyone these days, so always cover your own a** and keep evidence! Also, don't expect the Better Business Bureau to do anything. If you want results file complaints with the FTC (www.ftc.gov).

Mechanic Scams