logo

4. (8 mins ago)
Rewa Kumar
Fraud
5. (34 mins ago)
supracleanse top slim cleanse best go green
being charged for items

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

BatteryHeads - TechPower Batteries, Logan, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Defective batteries / refused to honor warranty

BatteryHeads - TechPower Batteries Contacts & Informations

BatteryHeads - TechPower Batteries

Posted:    Valerie

Defective batteries / refused to honor warranty

BatteryHeads
917 W. 600 N. Suite 106
Logan, Utah
www.batteryheads.com
I purchased a battery for my Dell computer. It failed within a few months and they sent me a replacement (after numerous efforts to reach them went unanswered). That battery failed within a few weeks. They promised a refund when we sent that one back but instead they sent another battery! That one also failed immediately. We sent that one back and they claimed they never received it. So, they refused to refund, replace or give us any credit for the purchase. I paid them $80 dollars for a battery I don't have after 3 of theirs failed. I paid for return shipping, so I lost more than the original cost. My repeated efforts to get the owner to contact me were ignored and refused. Poor quality and horrible customer service.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Feb, 2008 by   Tamara Cronin 0 Votes
On March 9, 2007 this customer ordered one of our batteries via our store on the Amazon.com website. The order was shipped within one business day.

On September 4, 2007 we received an email from this customer reporting that the battery was no longer working. Our Customer Service Representative responded to the customer's email on that same day and the customer was emailed return instructions. The customer was asked to include any additional information with his return shipment, including his return shipping address.

We received the return shipment on September 14, 2007. The customer did not include any information with his shipment and a replacement battery was shipped to the return address listed on the returned package. The replacement battery was received by the customer on September 18, 2007.

On September 24, 2007 we received an email from the customer reporting that the replacement battery was not being recognized by his computer. Occasionally, customers will install BIOS updates that will disable a computers ability to recognize batteries produced by third parties. Although this was the likely cause for this customer's computer not recognizing the battery, the customer requested that another replacement battery be sent. The customer was sent an email on the same day with instructions to return the second battery. The second battery was received and replaced by BatteryHeads.com on October 11, 2007. The customer received a third battery on October 13, 2007.

On October 24, 2007 we received an email from the customer reporting that this replacement battery was also not being recognized by his computer, likely due to the BIOS issue noted above. The customer was sent an email with return instructions and was offered a refund for the full product price.

On November 12, 2007 the customer emailed inquiring about his refund. Customer Service replied to the customer that the battery had not been received and a refund would be issued upon receipt of the product. The return email was sent on the same day as the inquiry.

On January 6, 2008 the customer made another email inquiry regarding his refund. Customer Service replied to the customer that the battery had not been received and a refund would be issued upon receipt of the product. The return email was sent on the same day as the inquiry.

On January 24, 2008 we received the following email from the customer:

"We have checked our house extensively to make absolutely sure we sent you this battery back. We did return this battery. Since we cannot find the delivery confirmation receipt, instead of a refund, I will accept a replacement battery to resolve this issue. Of course, we'd prefer the refund, but I'm trying to be reasonable. We send and receive a lot of things by mail, but we do not lose them in our house".

The customer was informed that we could not provide a refund or store credit until the battery was received. The offer to issue a refund for the full product price was again extended to the customer once the item was returned.

After receiving and responding to 29 email messages from the customer regarding this purchase, BatteryHeads.com received the following email from the customer:

"I've been asking all these questions to try to figure out what exactly happened. I think we have your battery here, thinking it was from another company. This is a result of your sending repeated defective batteries and not refunding as promised, causing massive and understandable confusion. I have one battery with silver writing and the other with yellow writing. Both are the same otherwise. Let me know which is yours - I think it's the yellow writing one. I was about to send it back to the other company but I now think it's yours. After contacting them, I realized I have an extra that is not theirs after all. Please send me a pre-paid return label (as previously promised) and I can send it back."

Since the customer was having a difficult time telling our battery from another battery, we assume that neither battery would work in the customer's computer which adds further evidence that the customer's BIOS was not allowing his computer to recognize replacement batteries, and not that the batteries themselves were not working.

The customer was sent a prepaid return shipping label for his return. The battery was received at our warehouse on February 2, 2008 and the customer was issued a full refund for the price of the product.

Although this customer experienced frustration related to his purchase, Batteryheads.com attempted to do everything possible to comply with this customers requests. Batteryheads.com sells only the highest quality products and takes customer service very seriously.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   Ronald Rogers 0 Votes
Dear Gentlemen
I ordered a battery charger for my VG-120 Olympus Exilim Camera and I received a TechFuel AC/DC Travel Battery Charger instead, which fits L170B.
How do I get this corrected?
Yours truly,