logo

Posted: 2011-10-04 by    ANNIE J

rip off

bank of america
Texas
TO WHOM HAVE MORTGAGE LOAN WITH BANK OF AMERICA, I BORROW MONEY ON MY HOME WITH CASH OUT BACK 7/2004 AMOUNT OF $120, 000 AND THE INTEREST RATE IS 6.4% MY PAYMENT IS $890.16 EACH MONTH I PAY HOME OWNER INS. AND THE PROPERTY TAX MY SELF. YOU WAS THINK OUT OF THE $890.16 SOME SHOULD GO TO INTEREST AND SOME WOULD GO TO PRINCIPAL, SINCE I HAVE THIS LOAN FOR 7 YEARS NOW, THE WHOLE AMOUNT TO TO INTEREST NOTHING GO TO PRINCIPAL EVERY MONTH, I CALL THEM, I EMAIL THEM, I FAX THEM, AND NOW THEIR JUST PLAYING GAME WITH ME. IF EVERY MONTH I DID NOT MAKING A ADDITIONAL PRINCIPAL PAYMENT BESIDE THE $890.16 MY BALANCE IS NOT MOVING, HOW CAN I PAY THIS 20 YEARS LOAN OF IF ALL OF MY PAYMENT IS GOING TO THE INTEREST ? I SIT ON THE PHONE FROM 8 AM TO 5PMWITH THEM EACH AND EVERY MONTH WITH THEM EVERY TIME I MAKING THE PAYMENT, THEY KEEP PUTTING ME ON HOLD, AND TRANSFER TO 10 DIFFERENCE PERSON BY THE TIME THEIR DONE WITH ME, MY HEAD HURT SO BAD, MY STOMACH IS IN KNOT, NO ENERGY LEFT, AND NO MATTER RESOLE, AND IT HAPPEN EACH AND EVERY MONTH. I WAS THINK THAT I GOT THE CONVENTION LOAN, THEIR TOLD ME YES YOU HAVE CONVENTIONAL LOAN BUT IT SIMPLE INTEREST, AND THE INTEREST COME IN ON THE REAR, I EVEN PAY THEM 4 MONTHS AHEAD, AND STILL MAKING PAYMENT EVERY MONTH NEVER MISS THE PAYMENT. I NEED HELP BECAUSE I GETTING NO WHERE WITH THIS BLOOD SUCKING BANK OF AMERICA, PLEASE GUIDE ME TO THE RIGHT PEOPLES FOR I CAN GETTING THIS MATTER AUDIT ON MY LOAN. I'M SO DEPRESS YOU WORK HARD TO MAKE YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENT EACH AND EVERY MONTH, AND THIS BANK OF AMERICA ROBBED ME AND THEIR GETTING AWAY WITH IT, IF YOU OR ME FOR SURE WE WILL BE IN JAIL BY NOW. PLEASE HELP.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jun, 2008 by   Margaret Opine 0 Votes
FIA CARDSERVICES, owned by Bank of America. STEALING!!! Autopay on closed account. When you take something that doesn't belong to you that is called STEALING!!! "If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck it is FIA CARDSERCVICES STEALING FROM A CLOSED ACCOUNT WITH A ZERO BALANCE!!!

Paid Balance to zero on 5/13/08 and allowed payment to clear; closed account afterwards via phone and got a letter stating account was closed. On June 3, 2008 -- FIA CARDSERVICES did an autopayment on a closed account with a zero balance. The rep told me they could send me in check in a few days. She said it was my fault because I didn't go into the CLOSED ACCOUNT online and undo the AUTOPAY. I asked if AUTOPAY was another company, she said no. I asked then why couldn't one call close one account and all that is on it? She said it all depends... and went on and on with a litany of possibilities -- AND NONE OF THOSE POSSIBILITIES included "reversing the erroneous payment." I have to wait and get my money in check form though they got theirs in immediate electronic form. My bank had me to fax a form from their site and they reversed the charge and put the money back into my account. But that leaves next month. Oh yes, 60 days after closing the account the autopay will take my money. THAT'S STEALING!!!

CITI BANK did the exact same thing but they didn't bother to tell me about canceling autopay separately. The check took seven days to get to me. I am disabled, on limited income and was about to buy groceries when I thought to check my balance. I AM LAUNCHING A NATIONAL CAMPAIGN TO HAVE THE AUTOPAY STOPPED WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, especially if the balance is ZERO.

Agency to contact and file complaint:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Administrator of National Banks
www.occ.treas.gov
email: customer.assistance@occ.treas.gov
1-800-613-6743
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   M. Lee 0 Votes
IT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO NOTE THE LEVEL OF EMBEZZLEMENT:

Her payment was $100, multiply that by at least 5 million customers with the same problem (or a higher or lower payment amount), (or a higher or lower consumer population) and multiply that since online autopay accounts have existed. THAT equals a lot of money. A LOT OF MONEY, which may be going UNCLAIMED!!!

That is stealing!!!
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Bank of America runs a scandalous business based on fraud, theft, and greed. Yesterday I checked my account being that payday is literally around the corner. Shock, awe, and surprise do not even begin to describe what I felt when I saw my account was overdrawn by $219.95. On April 30, my paycheck was directly deposited into my account. So far, it's all copacetic. On May 1, I make 2 purchases and a withdrawal. One of my purchases came with a $35 overdraft fee. On the same day I paid 3 bills online. Now I am aware of how this works. The payments don't always go through at the time you make them so I did what everyone does... leave the money alone. On May 2, all my payments went through along with a $35 overdraft fee on each. How do I go from having $400 in the bank to being overdrawn by $219.95? The bills I paid only amounted to around $200. So let's do the math.

Yesterday after work I went into a Bank of America Branch. I spoke to someone who obviously did not know what she was talking about. I was told that it is Bank of America's new policy to charge overdraft fees on pending transactions. So even though at the ATM the receipt stated that I had funds available, B of A still hadn't processed my direct deposit. All of this makes no kind of sense to me. How come I was able to withdraw $40 from the ATM if there were no funds available? How was I able to get gas if there were no funds available? How was I able to get my morning coffee and bagel if there were no funds available? By the way, I was charged a $35 overdraft fee on a $3.54 purchase at Safeway.

I am a poor, single working mom trying to keep a roof over my family's head and food on the table. How do you explain to a seven year old you're sorry but those new shoes they need just aren't going to happen or that the fridge is empty because B of A took literally half my paycheck in overdraft fees? To say that I am angry, furious, livid, again, is an understatement. Bank of America took food out of my child's mouth and I am enraged. Today I am going back to the bank and speak to the Branch Manager and let them know that they stole my money and they will be putting it back into my account immediately and I will be using every outlet to let the public know what they have done. If I had done this to someone, I would be behind bars.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Mark Robertson 0 Votes
Took out my debits before my Paycheck was posted, resulting in tons of overdraft fees. Worst bank I have ever done business with.
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   pulcino 0 Votes
Yesterday, Jul 23, 2008, I tried to open a CD account with Bank of America online, and in addition to all the standard information (name, age, SSN, address, mother's maiden name, citizenship, routing number and account number) I was also asked to provide my user ID and password to the -another - bank account from which the CD would be funded. Stunned, I called their 800 number and they confirmed that, since I was not an existing customer with Bank of America, I had to provide the user name and password to my account at the other bank, or else could not open the CD.

I strongly believe this kind of information should have been disclosed first-hand, to avoid me entering all my credentials in vain. And what happens now to all my personal information, since I don't even have an account with them, so Bank of America cannot be held responsible for leaking it out?

This morning I went in person to their local branch, and the manager was as surprised as I was to hear that I was asked the user ID and password to access my banking account at another bank. My going in person to the local branch didn't solve the problem though, since apparently they, the local branch), have no communication with the online banking department, other than calling the same 800 number I had called the previous day. According to the local branch manager I talked to, they don't even share the same database!

Needless to say, I would never open an account with Bank of America, if it means to give away my user name AND password to my account at another bank!
 10th of Dec, 2008 by   Josh 0 Votes
Piracy is the word best used to describe how we have been traeted by Bank of america. We have a credit card with 9% apr. We have never had a missed payment or have been late. After looking at this months statement the APR went up to an astonishing 21%. We called right away and here was their reply. In sept there was supposed to be a notice that if you continued to use the card the APR would go up. They must have put it in micro print because We never saw it. They also stated that their cost of business was going up.

Now we feel we are a victim of cooperate piracy. Our other cards are below 10%. So spread the word.
 27th of Dec, 2008 by   does not matter 0 Votes
THIS BANK IS THE WORST. THEY CHARGE $3 PER ATM FEE IF YOU DONT BANK WITH THEM! THEY CHARGE YOU $6.00 TO CASH A CHECK THAT IS DRAWN OFF THEIR BANK IF YOU DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE WHICH IS WHY I DONT BANK WITH THEN ANY LONGER. WHY IS THIS ALLOWED. I HOPE THEY GO DOWN BIG TIME. WERENT THEY CRYING THAT THEY NEEDED TO BE BAILED OUT TOO???? SCUM BAGS...THEY SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED!
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   Travis 0 Votes

19th of Feb, 2009 by   Richard 0 Votes
In September (2008) My husband and I were forced to take out another credit card to pay for our 1 month old sons funeral. He passed away from a horrible and painful disorder called CDH, he never even got to come home. Well because of him being in the Nicu my husband used FMLA to be with him as much as he could. We did not get paid for half of August and half of September. We then had to use the card to pay some bills, since we had no income for a whole month. We THOUGHT the card was no interest for a year, Thats what we applied for when they sent us the offer, but they gave us a different one instead I guess. Well we were close to the limit and the lovely finance charge came, and that put us over the limit and a fee was assessed. I called the company and got a real nice lady and she explained to me how to not let it happen again, I just had to make a payment of $100 within a week. I made $125, that way we would be ok. Well I logged onto my account and saw yet another over limit fee, for no reason, I was nowhere near over limit. So I called and got some Asshole (supposed Manager) and he told me that when your card goes over you have 20 days to fix it, I called on the 21 day. You see if you dont fix it in 20 days they charge you again. Well when I called the first time they did not tell me this. Had I not made that extra $25 on my payment we would be in a downward spiral of over limit fees. The 2nd "customer service" (I use that term lightly) agent could care less and said that they already gave me back one of the fees so they will not do it again, even when it is their fault for not telling me all of this info. If they would have given us the card they offered, the one we signed up for this never would have happened. I have a few credit cards and thought HSBC was horrible, think again, at least they work with you a little bit (besides that credit protection they keep "forgetting" to take off, but don't forget to charge us for) We have great credit but I am willing to hurt it a little by canceling my account with them. Horrible, Horrible customer service, if you can even call it that.
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   Ricardo 0 Votes
I would be curios to hear further response's to BOA's continued efforts to defraud customers in unfair marketing practices.

With reference to multi-state marketing offers encouraging new retail clients to transfer there business to BOA, it is amazing the verbiage on the 'net re BOA giving the customer the run around. The scenario: a $50 to $100 offer to open a checking/savings account etc, where BOA will make a deposit within 90 days of opening (naturally, if the client's account are in good standing).

From their, the client will start to wonder where his small "gift" is after it does not appear within 90 days. The banking centre will insist that it is coming in through US mail, just be patient. The customer call centre, while very helpful, will admit to not having any record of the offer associated with this particular account. The CS team online will note that if the personal banker (an oxymoron at BOA) did not enter the code at time of signup, the client is ineligible. Gee, that is one questions that I forgot to ask.

Who am I? Just another burned BOA customer going back to Dimon's empire. Just another customer with an 790 FICO, two mortgages (that could have gone to BOA), etc, who will now spurn those colors to all friends, business network et al, all 'cause of a lousy $50. The principle is what counts here.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Dan Bell 0 Votes
We are casting a documentary about unfair bank policies. Looking for stories with complaints about banks. If you are cast we will pay you. If interested contact bellmartel@sbcglobal.net for more information. Casting needs to be concluded by May 1st, 2009.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Dan Bell 0 Votes
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   never again +1 Votes
The entire country will celebrate when this Supreme FRAUD of a bank goes Chapter 11. NEVER bail this shitbank out! Put their CEO in a dark hole for the rest of his life.
The problems and headaches with bank of america are so many, so enormous, I have lost count. The worst of all, is their incessant process to block my card leaving me with no access to my own funds. They have done this incessantly and in the worse moments. Try having that done to you when you are 9, 000 miles away in another country, have arrived late at night, and can't withdrawn your money to pay your hotel bill and have nowhere you can go, no local currencies or cash to make a call, for taxi, for anything because the bank has blocked access for you to your own money. Not only is it embarrassing, but it has caused so many delays and losses in business as well. In asia I was once stuck to sleep on a dangerous train station because B of A had blocked my card to access my money so I could not get to my hotel, or pay the hotel bill which is charged in advance in some countries! I was basically like a homeless person, while I had thousands stuck in my own account with no access to it. On another occasion I had over $11, 000 in payments to make for a business meeting in a hotel when B of A blocked my card. Hotels will not take payments until the day of a meeting which makes it more difficult to cover incidents like this. I was unable to process any payment, and was stranded without a room to stay in (they wouldn't give me my booked room since they were unable to process the payment) and the hotel security harassed me for two days over a weekend to pay the huge charges - which I could not get access to because the bank had blocked my card. All because of B of A!

B of A has put me in many dangerous and complicated situations by blocking my card, leaving me stranded. Their f***g CEO should be executed or jailed for life.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Peter 0 Votes
I agree 100% that Bank of America is corrupt. I wonder if some kind of class action suit would work? They constantly charge fees whenever they can. They just recently changed their policy to where the charge overdraft fees even if the online banking shows a positive balance. They delay posting credits to the account to create more overdraft fees, and they deduct the highest debits first then the lowest creating the most overdrafts possible. I really can't believe how corrupt they are. I've been charged thousands of dollars over the last 6 years. I should have closed my account years ago, but everytime it happens, I just can't believe that they would do it again. And recently, the changed their policy to where your account doesn't even have to be in the "red" for them to charge overdraft fees. They have their own behind the scenes system that works to their advantage and I'm certain they make millions a year on fools like me. I have to close my account now but it's such a pain because of all the direct deposits and automated stuff I've got going on with them including merchant accounts etc. I wish Bank of American would have to pay for their greed, not get bailed out by the governments.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   Vladimir Estragon 0 Votes
Sound just like them. Have you noticed how all the employees are taught to say the same thing?
 3rd of May, 2011 by   Eseabo 0 Votes
I've sent the following to my representative and senator. I've also contacted BofA and been rudely dismissed. I've even emailed Ken Lewis (ken.d.lewis@bank of America.com) trying to at least engage him in conversation. Would love your help in bringing discourse around this matter to a public forum….see the note below….and thank you…. I'm writing you because you represent my voice and that of my fellow Americans in government when we feel we are being wronged. At this time, Americans are struggling mightily to make ends meet. Your efforts to fix predatory lending practices (especially in sub prime lending) have been noticed and appreciated. To that end, I feel that another predatory practice by Bank of America needs to be discussed in a public forum and addressed soon thereafter. B of A currently charges fees of $35 per charge when one tries to charge more than one has in his or her bank account. At face value, it may seem that this is a fair practice. I can understand the practice if someone is passing bad checks and a fee has to be assessed. But with today's debit technology, an automatic decline should be easy and free to the public. When one digs deeper, one realizes that this is a practice purely designed to unfairly gouge the American public through deceit and obfuscation. So, here's the policy…A $35 fee for each time a charge over your funds is ATTEMPTED. As an example, recently I unknowingly was making charges on my debit card when I didn't have the money to cover it. The charges were numerous but only totaled $23. That's $23. One charge was for $.27 cents…for which I was charged $35. B of A charged me over $400.00 in overdraft fees for that $23 overage. I called Bank of America to try to find some relief for these charges and was told no. Seems counter to the "flexibility" and understanding for families that the new administration is trying to get in return for billions in bailout dollars. Look a little deeper and the practice is even more disturbing: 1. You can't actually just get an option for a decline on your charge without the $35 fee. So, even if you don't have overdraft coverage, you will still be charged $35. Since technology has allowed banks to simply decline a charge, I don't understand how BofA can justify charging a $35 fee for each charge versus just declining it for FREE. 2. BofA says the only way to protect against this is to link a BofA credit card or a savings account to your overdraft checking. So, an over-limit charge is charged to your BofA card or deducted from you savings account. In both cases, BofA makes money….either through interest on your credit card or from service fees on the savings account that you are required to have. And, by the way, the overdraft service also has another fee associated with it. 3. As if that weren't enough, BofA recently increased the allowable number of charges per day from 5 to 8. That a $105.00 per day increase, per cardholder. The bottom line is that I don't want my money back from BofA (though they should have at least treated me better considering I hold six accounts with them). I, like the many Americans flooding blogs with similar stories, want justice. I would like this issue explored fully and for Bank of America to be called to answer for this unfair practice. The fact that American taxpayers in the US now own a $50B TARP stake in BofA (which only has a market cap of $40B, by the way), only makes our voices that much more relevant in this matter. Lastly, I will say that I firmly support Obama's call for Americans to be more responsible with their money. I was less than responsible for letting my account go overdrawn by $23. Thankfully, my wife and I make decent money and can cover this amount. Just think how American's with lesser incomes would struggle with this. Then realize that this a core profit center for BofA.
 16th of May, 2011 by   Beachgirl61 0 Votes
Since Jan of this year Bank of America took out hunderds of my money out of my checking account to pay for things on the web that I never did and so my rent check came back nsf and my last 2 paychecks where put in my checking account again think I took care of the problem will boy was I wrong and so I put my last paycheck in my saving account because I was told checking can not touch it so I went to the back to take my money out so I can pay my rent and start paying back rent and they took all of my money out of my saving and put it all in my checking and I could not touch it. I had no money to live on till my next pay day which I get paid once a month and now I'm being kicked out of my apartment with no where to go and no food and I still have to go to work. Thanks to Bank of America I'm now going to be homeless I'm just waiting for the police to come over and kick me out and do a pock out on my apartment. Do not trust Bank of America they will rip you off and leave you pennyless and homeless.
 4th of Oct, 2011 by   Ellen67 +1 Votes
Have you reviewed your loan docs?
 5th of Oct, 2011 by   ANNIE J -1 Votes
it not a interest loan only, it is a conventional simple interest loan where the interest come on the rear, the way bank of America ripping peoples of and not inform the consumers like me does not understand loan, i was think that got the conventional and it is some thing else, only thing i knew is this bank of America helping them self on the consumers bloods . I'm got ulcer over this matter, and now they are just dangling me along. every time i call have to talking to 10 difference rep. their keep transfer me to wrong department, and putting me on hold for 30minute to an hr. Bank of America cheating consumers like me that how they making all of the money and pay back to the government bail out... i will never forget this heartless bank, and I know they will go under, peoples are the one building this bank, and the peoples will take it away. even their employees hate the their practice they business, god give it to them, and god also will take it away their time for stay in business going to be over soon, because their evil and greedy human been.
 5th of Oct, 2011 by   Ellen67 +1 Votes
First, I agree they seem like an endless maze to get to the right department or rep.

But banks were given a bail out to help bank continue to loan money and slow down foreclosure process. I am not sure about other banks but I know BOA repaid their TARP money. This subject I irrelevant to your situation.

I am not familiar with your type of loan. However, if they are violating the terms of your loan docs, you can get an attorney and you have recourse.

BUT they are not preying on you if they are following the terms and you just didn't 'understand' what you were signing; then you are at fault- not the bank. If you are unsure of what you are agreeing to, it is your responsibility to have it explained to you until you do understand or you you could consult with an attorney before you signed the contract.

Overpayment Scam