logo

UNSAFETY

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Baers Furniture Complaints & Reviews - Poor quality product!

Baers Furniture Contacts & Informations

Baers Furniture

Posted:    damaged furniture

Poor quality product!

I ordered furniture from Baers in April 2006. When the furniture was delivered it was damaged. When I pointed this out to the delivery people, I was told to just call the store and they would arrange to exchange the furniture. When I called the store they glady arranged to order new furniture and I believe I was told it would take 6 weeks for the furniture to come in. When the new furniture came in, it too was damaged so they again had to reorder and this time I was told it would be in at the end of October. Since I had not heard from anyone by the beginning of November, I called to check on the status and was told it just came in and it could be delivered on 11/11/06. I received a confirmation call on the delivery the day before it was to be delivered and then received a second call telling me that only one of two pieces of the furniture came in and that the bedroom set had now been discontinued. So I decided to go to the store and speak to the store manager. He tells me that both pieces did come in, they just can't find the second piece. This was on a Saturday so he told me he would look into this and asked me to call him on Monday for an update. I did not have time to call him until Wednesday, at which time he told me that they had found both pieces of furniture and he acted completely surprised that no one had called to schedule the delivery. He assured me that someone would call me the following day to schedule the delivery. When I had not heard from anyone by late in the afternoon, I called the store only to be told that the store manager wasn't working that day. The person I spoke to was rude and questioned me as to why the store manager hadn't scheduled the delivery himself the day before when I spoke to him. She then pulled up my account and told me that my furniture was not in. So obviously someone is lying or perhaps no one that works there really knows what they are doing. They had no problem taking my money 7 months ago, but they certainly have a problem delivering my goods. Oh and by the way, it is "not their policy to refund money". So, if you buy from Baers, make sure you use a credit card so you can dispute the charges!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Nov, 2006 by   Bulterman 0 Votes
Nine months ago I began shopping at Baers Furniture and selected over 20k worth of Merchandise. The road traveled doing business with this company has been horrendous, time demanding, and to date they have all my money and I do not have a completed order for a piece of merchandise.

During this time frame I have tried to work with every level within their store to only be railroaded by them and their vendor. They lost paper work, wont return your calls, you cant even get to a Store Manager and leaving dozen of messages he has no respect to call his customer back.

It should be illegal for a company to acquire your money and you have to fight for over nine months to get what you paid for.

It took nine months for the owner of Baers to finally contact me after I threatened them with a lawsuit and his only purpose was to railroad me with more promises to accept a deliver date. (I accepted many delivery dates and some of which I was waiting for 3-5 hours with no show on their behalf, no show on behalf of their vendor, no phone call to cancel) who can afford to keep taking this time off from work. Or I waited and they came without the completed parts. He promised to call back and never did.
BEWARE: do not accept partial deliveries from this company.

If anyone else has had problems with this company please email. They should not be allowed to conduct business in this manner keeping customers money and not delivering the products in a timely manner.
 4th of Aug, 2007 by   d toomey 0 Votes
We have just moved into our home in march 07, our house was empty and we needed the whole house furnishing. Went to baers in march so their interior designer and ordered furniture totaling to just under $50,000.00. WHAT A MISTAKE. Every single piece of furniture has been damaged. It's now August and I've only just recvd most of my furniture, we've had nothing to sit on! When the furniture arrives, it's damaged and then they take it back and I'm still awaiting replacements for most of it. When their upholstery firm came out to fit our drapes, he dropped a tool on our side table and cracked it. They also chipped and scratched out brand new wood flooring. The list does just go on. Yesterday our dining suite arrived (17 weeks after ordering) and the delivery guys said there was no table top to it... so the ass mgr at baers promised he'd get one sent asap to which i reluctantly agreed as we're having a dinner party today... and then when they were taking the chairs out of the truck - they were all wrong! so the table went back and I'm awaiting a call from baers today for a full refund not only on the dining table, but also on a chandelier which was damaged on arrival... this is the WORST service I've ever received from a furniture store and will never be shopping with them again.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Mary L. Reis 0 Votes
In May of 2007 I ordered $11,000 (cash) worth of furniture. My bedroom furniture FINALLY arrived at 7:30 pm on a Saturday w/ the promise of arriving during the 10 - 2 window. I special ordered my daughter's furniture 12 weeks ago. They are now telling me it will be 16 weeks until arrival. I feel like my money has been stolen from me.

It sounds like the order sat on someone's desk for a month or so to me.
 7th of Feb, 2008 by   karen l coglianese 0 Votes
I ordered a complete bedroom set from Baers furniture back in October 2007 but requested to have delivery in December. Painting & flooring had to be taken care of first. My experience was nothing short of a nightmare. From the start they brought the wrong size bedrails which would fit a California King bed which I did not have. It took them 5 tries to get the right and undamaged rails to me 7 weeks later. I lost pay due to having to take time off from my job 3 different days, to only have a failed delivery. Messages were left with Larry Baer who's voice mail said all calls will be returned within 48hrs. Well the coward never did call after leaving 2 messagdes.
Needless to say, the warehouse customer service was the worst ever and I promise I will never shop at Baers again. Their warehouse and customer service were less than satisfactory. Be warned!!!!!

kc
 18th of Apr, 2008 by   mark radi 0 Votes
Baers Furniture in Boca Raton has been the worst retail experience!!! Broken promise after broken promise. Nothing resolved as of this point. Find another furniture store, you can only do better.
 24th of May, 2008 by   virginia mckelley 0 Votes
I ordered a bed and a leather sofa from Baers in Ft. Myers Fl. and they were both delivered exactly when they promised. Delivery men were more than helpful. Sales lady (Judy) was just great. Sorry no complaints. Virginia McKelley
 13th of Sep, 2008 by   Lorraine G 0 Votes
No complaints from me. I have made several purchases from Baer's in Altamonte Springs and I have always been satisfied. I had a leather sofa delivered which was broken and they changed it within days. I was also offered an extension on my warranty at no cost. My salesperson (Sage) was wonderful. I've always gotten excellent customer service.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   Jodi J. Ragno 0 Votes
Over a month, and still waiting for our defective merchandise to be replaced...Altamonte Springs store employees seem very nice, but completely unaware of their own policies and procedures. 4 delivery dates, numerous calls, and still we have a sticky, chipped, ugly, $3, 000.00 dinning room table.
On the bright side, I at least have an built in topic of conversation for our house warming party tomorrow.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   victim of Baers 0 Votes
My husband and I ordered more than $50, 000 furniture from the Bonita Springs store. Linda K. was the "designer" sales associate.
The worst experience of my life. The sales associate does not follow through, does not return calls.
The manager is less than professional.
The calls made to customer service are routed to the wrong warranty people. Warranty calls are booked months out. I am stuck with crapy furniture that I am happy to tell EVERYONE in my new development to come and see! And then I tell everyone I meet in the neighborhood looking to furnish their new homes about my experience with Baers.
 23rd of May, 2009 by   Mohamed Ghazall +1 Votes
I ordered a bedroom set (was on sale) and an entertainment center for my new home that was under construction. I told the salesman these should be delivered after 3 months at the time the house would be ready. I paid more than $ 3000.00 as deposit for the bedroom set and entertainment center. The following day I found out that the entertainment center was too large to fit in the house unless it covers part of the window. I went to the store and looked for another entertainment center that would fit but could not find any (too small or too big). I request to get a refund for the money I deposited towards the entertainment center but the manager refused and asked me to buy something else since the entertainment center deposit became a store credit. I asked the manager to use this store credit to make payment toward the remaining balance of the bedroom set but he refused and indicated that the store credit has to be used for new purchase only. I asked to speak to his supervisor or the Owner, he said he will discuss that with the Owner (his family member) and will get back to me the following day. I went and met with the manager the next day and what a surprise, he canceled my bedroom set order and the entire deposit for the bedroom set and entertainment center became a store credit and if I want to buy the same bedroom set, I have to buy it at the full price not the sale price I paid two days before (since the sale is over). I contacted my credit card bank to request a credit of the money. After a month, the credit card bank told me that the store manager is willing to give you store credit ???. ( the credit card bank that I had is the same bank that issue Bears store credit cards). Since that time ( 9 months now) my money is at the store as a store credit.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Beth P 0 Votes
Never go to BAERS sarasota..The manager there is absolutely unprofessional. I had the worst retail experience dealing with them. They still have my 600 dollars for the stuff I never havce in my home.

If you are giving deposits to them, BEWARE..i been struggling to get it back from them for the past 2 months and its still sitting in their wallet(s).

SIMPLY SAID, BROKEN PROMISES OVER BROKEN PROMISES..unprofessional MANGER..AND YOUR MONEY IN THEIR WALLET even when you dont recieve the furniture.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Falobe 0 Votes
We bought a leather sofa at Baehrs in Palm beach. after one !!! month it was broken and we called the customer service to fix or replace it. but only we got broken promises to come and see.the customer service is unfriendly and nobody will really help.We sent emails direktly to the company but nobody answered.So never I will buy any furniture at Baehrs.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   Baersiscrap 0 Votes
I only wish I would have read the reviews prior to purchasing anything at Baers. The service is horrendous they have dropped the ball one too many times and I have been going back and forth with them for the past 3 weeks and still NOTHING. I have spoken to Cathy Baer (store owner/director) and she is worthless as well. I plan on contacting the better business bureau about this company. I am unsatisfied customer; consumers BEWARE!
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   What are they thinking 0 Votes
I bought almost $14, 000 worth of furniture cash. Some delivered damaged and were replace after much effort on my part. My house was damaged in the delivery process. It is now 3 months later and my home and one peice of furniture have not been repaired. I missed so many days of work waiting for them to go through the process of fixing my situation. I got 3 estimates that their insurer Nation Wide asked of me. Baer's were not happy with the price it would cost to fix. Again I ran home so one of their repair people(this was the second they lost the photos the first time)could do a new estimate. I finally get a call today from Gary Peacock there customer service manager and was told they will only fix my ceiling????Not the other damage, they do not FEEL responsible. Who is? David Baer was so rude to me I was stunned and appalled. I told him I would never do business with them again. He said"Good because you are the nastiest person I ever met" I was not rude in any way and am a professional who deals with the public everyday. When a customer is upset and makes that comment I always say I am so sorry what can we do to remedy this situation. He obviuosly has no managerial skills and replied like a child. Gary Peacock has not called back and is completely useless. After speaking to customers and my employees I have heard horror stories they encountered there. Stay away from Baer's furniture! Especially the Sarasota store. I could go on about the horrible treatment I encountered for the past 3 months but will save it for my attorney and the BBB...as I will see this through until justice is served.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Unhappy101 0 Votes
Back in April 2010, I purchased a dinning room table and had them order two additional chairs (which the manufacturer had in stock). A month later I called to find the status of the additional chairs. I was told that my order was canceled because they were not making a profit on the sale. The manager of the store was rude and said he wasn't going to order them with the contracted price on the order form. I told him that was unacceptable, so after he spoke to one of the owners he said he would order the chairs. So supposedly the chairs were ordered again. I called them back in July to find out the status again and was told that they were never ordered. I then called the corporate office and spoke with several of the Baers to only be passed to another Baer . After approximately 3 weeks of being passed along I was told that the chairs were no longer in stock and they will no longer be manufactured. I asked what they were going to do to make this right and I was told absolutely nothing & he hung up on me!!! Not to mention, the are holding my money!!! I will NEVER order from them again and I am telling everyone I know of the horrible experience. Their Father would be ashamed of how they are treating their customers today. They have lost the concept of what customer service means!
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   edfru2 0 Votes
In Sptember of 2010, I purchased a bedroom suite from Baers Boca Raton. The delivery people damaged one piece during delivery and we refused it so they took it back. That was replaced satisfactorily within a week. Meanwhile, other pieces needed repair. The repair people touched up what they could but several pieces need more than can be done at home. They tried to replace one piece three times but always with pieces that had more damage than what we already had. We have been going back and forth with them. The left hand and right hand have no idea what is going on and they really don't make you feel like they care. Phone calls may or ma not be returnd but the follow through is pretyy weak. Lesson learned for me, no more Baers furniture for me ever again. If I can't find it elsewhere, I will live with what I have.
 21st of Nov, 2010 by   edfru2 0 Votes
Finally, someone cared. Fortunately, I was able to speak with one of the other owners who took time and followed through to be sure the situation was being handled. Damaged bedroom funiture was picked up and brought to their faciltiy for repair. It came back but was not color matched well. They came and took care of it, now looks great. Thank you Baers. It has been time consuming for us and them but they did not leave us hanging. Will I buy there again...not sure at this moment but might consider it for the future.
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   Dadonald 0 Votes
Complaint Description:
We bought an area rug, a coffee table, and two end tables from Baer's Furniture - the branch in Naples, FL. The vinyl bases of the tables have damaged the carpet in our house, and the rug we bought.

The carpet has two very bright yellow stains the exact size and shape of the table bases, and the rug has a black rectangular stain that corresponds with the rectangular box on the bottom of the coffee table. Baer's sent their technician to see the damage, and he agreed, confirming that the tables were defective, and had damaged the carpet and the rug. He also tried to clean the stains out, to no avail.

About a week later, I received a call from Baer's assuring me that the situation was being reported to the manufacturer of the tables, and that they would rectify the problem shortly. On about 5/20/2011, I was promised a call back by Karen Hansen in 3 days. I have not heard from Baer's furniture since. I have made repeated calls, always being sent to voicemail, and I have sent emails, and filled out the customer service form at least twice on the Baer's Furniture website, to try to re-establish contact. They will not respond to my requests to contact me back.

When I moved the tables, and discovered the damage they caused, I saw the label: MADE IN CHINA.

'Nuff said. I didn't realize that Baer's Furniture sold cheap Chinese junk.

I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau.
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   cabomam 0 Votes
We just furnished a 3.000 sq ft condo in Jupiter with furniture from Baer's and had a fine experience. Charles Case our sales rep/designer did a great job, the prices were fair and everything was delivered as agreed. I would highly recommend purchasing from Baer's and especially Charles
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   Red Herring 0 Votes
Who has been able to get a refund from Baer's?? Baer's fighting American Express on a conditional sale - condition is size - furniture looks smaller in large salesrooms and the apt is an efficiency. So no sale, no delivery but Baer's wants the keep the entire sum. Who has been able to get a refund from Baer;s in any situation?

Identity Theft Shield