logo

cheating

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Azuma Leasing Complaints & Reviews - F'ing scam!

Azuma Leasing Contacts & Informations

Azuma Leasing

Posted:    matt conboy

F'ing scam!

Azuma Leasing
Azuma is a F'ing scam! DO NOT USE THEM!!! BUY USED TRUST ME YOU'LL SAVE A LOT MORE MONEY. delivery is free but pickup will cost you $40 and late charges multiply by the day. so if your a week late there's a $7 fee, now if you are a week late with the power bill it's like $3 but that's the same if it's one week or two or three. And if you are running behind they'll autodraft your account and if it's declined they hit you with a nsf charge. This is not a good company I implore you not to use this service.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2007 by   Michael Clark 0 Votes
I agree strongly.

Won't pickup when you ask them too. Took them 14 days to come get my equipment then they said there was none there, a complete lie, and then they keep right on charging. SUPER HORRIBLE. Can't reach them on the phone.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by   autoprt 0 Votes
My advice is if you know you are going to have the machines removed and you are letting them bill your credit card contact your bank and tell them your card got eaten in the ATM. Make sure you do this after you have paid all your bills and have another card you can use in the meantime until you get a new card.

From that point on only pay them with electronic check. This way they can't hit your card anymore because the number is canceled. Do not give them your new card number just tell them you are using checks from now on.
 1st of Feb, 2009 by   Azuma is a rip off 0 Votes
I knew I should have avoided them when I had problems from the start. I signed up on the website since the first month was free, but after they run your credit, charge taxes and additional fees, I still owed $15 and some change for the first month! Then THEY cancelled my delivery saying the driver did not show up and they had no one else. Then when my delivery finally came, they driver didn't speak english, nicked my walls, tracked mud into my apartment, broke the door and when I called, I got the run around about they'll have to send the driver back out to take pictures before they can do anything, even though I had already taken pictures. They offered me $25 for everything! Then 4 days later when the dryer stops working, they charged me $40 SERVICE FEE (even though the website claims free service). Of course no one told me they would charge a fee and I didn't know till I got my bill. When I called, some lady named Julie told me it was a fee since the dryer was clogged with lint (not the lint trap, inside the dryer) and then Julie tried to tell me the service fee is because it was my fault and when I explained I only used the dryer once and only had it for 4 days, that it was not my fault, she said "Oh, well, we'll remove the service fee this one time" like they were doing me a favor. But she said to pay the whole bill (2nd month fee, $40 service fee, $15 from the first month which was suppose to be fee) to avoid late fees, even though no of it was my fault. Complete rip off!!! I hate Azuma.
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes

AZUMA Leasing also has an option to rent what we call “Premium Equipment”. If the renter qualifies they can opt to lease appliances that are guaranteed to be less than 1 year old! Regardless of whether the customer wants a premium rental or a standard rental, AZUMA Leasing takes care of maintenance and service of all of our appliances.
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
AZUMA Leasing’s company promise is to provide excellent customer service and part of this is making our scheduled appointments. We realize that our customers are on time constraints and we do our absolute best to be on time to each and every appointment every day, nationwide. Every once in a great while, unforeseen circumstances present themselves to where AZUMA Leasing must adjust its schedule and potentially miss an appointment. We keep communication open with our customers if such an event were to occur and will always offer to accommodate future scheduling should we not fulfill our company promise.
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. AZUMA Leasing does not run it’s customers’ credit cards without their permission. Each customer has a due date that never changes. We understand that from time-to-time things happen that may delay a payment. If a payment is not received on or before it’s due date we even grant a grace period before taking any collections action and/or exercising our credit policy. AZUMA Leasing will even refund any money taken in such a way if an alternative form of payment for the past due balance is provided by the customer.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   bringafajita 0 Votes
AZUMA is total crap. They keep giving me the run around on when they can come pick up my equipment, obviously trying to stretch it into another month's payment. They are also trying to charge me a pickup fee that was never agreed upon.
This company is a total scam, and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   corporations have killed america 0 Votes
azume DOES run people's account without their permission. They just ran mine Friday (three days ago) without my permission, and when I called they refused to refund the charges. I even offered an alternative form of payment. They said it was possible to reverse the charges, but it isn't their policy to do so.
Don't rent from them. And if you already have, make sure they don't have your credit card on file when you return the equipment.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   tarajan +1 Votes
AZUMA LEASING IS CRAP!!! On Friday, instead of the inside of the rented washer filling up with water, it filled my apartment up! Tons of water damage! My apt. manager thought it was the plumming so he had the pipes snaked. Come to find all the water in the apartment came from a B/O washer. I call Azuma and was told they could have someone out at my apartment by MONDAY.
With water EVERYWHERE, furniture all moved into the one and only dry room, and huge fans set up to dry the carpet, I am sitting home from work today...(MONDAY). I was contacted by AZUMA who stated, "We never gauranteed we could have someone out to you by Monday morning." EFFING B.S.!!! Great Customer Service AZUMA! I will just sit in a flooded apartment and wait for you to "Squeeze" me in!!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
AZUMA Leasing’s company promise is to provide excellent customer service and part of this is making our all scheduled appointments, urgent service or standard delivery. We realize that our customers are on time constraints and we do our absolute best to be on time to each and every appointment every day, nationwide, especially when there is an urgent service request like in the situation this customer has described. In this case, we were able to get out to the residence on Monday, 06/22/2009, to assess any damage and exchange out the equipment, after receiving a phone call the prior Saturday, 06/20/2009 at 7:56 pm.

We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and we welcome them to contact us directly should they require any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Janet Richardson
AZUMA Leasing
Group Manager
1-800-707-1188 ext 342
 27th of Jun, 2009 by   tjhad -1 Votes
This is true, Azuma was able to send someone out to our flooded location. Our flood however did occur on FRIDAY and not Saturday, as stated by Azuma. And, it did take my roommate and I 4 hours and many phone calls later. Now, I have and will continue to contact Azuma regarding this issue. I also do plan on posting the details of how we are being serviced. I would hope that no other customer would have to go through the hassel we did. Now, if we were an oversight on Azuma's Customer Service... then I would expect to have no more problems in getting our issue resolved. I will keep all potential customers posted.
I will state again that Azuma was able to "squeeze" us in on Monday...
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   mrs irate +1 Votes
i recently rented from azuma. The process seemed ok until they showed up. The 2-man crew looked like criminals out of drug rehab. The washer and dryer were newer, but they were covered with a lot of very dirty dust. Then i saw the inside of the washer and was getting sick. The washer had a huge amount of very black scum lumps all over the whole top of the drum, where you have to reach in and clean it out under the top edge. the agitator had some yellow food on it and a piece of macaroni inside the bottom ...
the guy claimed they were brand new. He must have been a real idiot because, as I told him, then why would it have so much dirt and even food in it?
then after they took it in (they already had the dryer in), he produced a wet rag from god knows where and started wiping it aff. What was on this rag? in my bathroom? i do not know.
They took my check, but gave me no receipt. I had to sign the contract, but they didn't sign anything. They gave me a blank copy instead.
After they left, i was so afraid to touch this filthy thing in my bathroom, where things should be very sanitary. I did not touch it for a week, then i had to go over it completely with bleach water. I still have not used it because i am afraid to. I will soon though, as i think whatever germs or parasites that may have been on it have died by now.
Then the other day when cleaning, i ran a load of just warm water and bleach, to clean the drum.
I discovered that the washer makes an EXTREME amount of noise and vibration, and i was really scared my neighbor next door would complain. SO, i have now had to go buy a 16.00 rubberized thick gel mat to put under it. I will have to tip the washer all by myself to do this, and i am not very strong. i am older too. I hope i will be able to use this washer soon, and very upset about the experience so far. I haven't been able to use it yet, they are wasting my money after putting me through an emotional / cardiac hell of feeling like my home, my bathroom, is contaminated with God knows what. But there was no other washers available to me, I don't think. I am sure that anyone renting out washers, is supposed to sanitize them between customers before delivering them. If not, then they will have to by the time i get through with them. so help me God. because they are a public health threat, this is our intimate apparel we are washing in these contaminated things..

I fully intend to be reporting any and all problems to the Secretary of State's office on their complaint page. I advise everyone else to do this in their states too. Some cities or counties may have their own ordinances about being licensed to do business in their jurisdictions as well. We should do our best to either make Azuma straighten up or put them out of business.
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for the recent posting. We appreciate the opportunity your notification has provided us to assist you with the above referenced issues. I apologize for the general nature of our responses and welcome the opportunity for you to call us directly, so we can look up your account and go over a resolution in more detail. Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. We apologize for your lack of satisfaction with our service. All of the appliances that we deliver here at AZUMA Leasing are in clean, working condition. Should an appliance have any sort of malfunction then service on the machine is 100% covered by AZUMA so long as it is not due to user error or abuse of the appliance by the customer. Normal wear and tear of the appliances is never the responsibility of the customer. I welcome the opportunity to go over your account in detail and personally assist with any issues or concerns.

We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and I welcome them to contact me directly at 800-707-1188 ext 342, so I may specifically address these concerns regarding their account.

Sincerely,

Janet Richardson
Group Manager
AZUMA Leasing
800/707-1188 ext 342
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   mrs irate 0 Votes
To Azuma: you obviously don't understand that claiming your washers are all clean, in the face of these complaints about it, shows even more how unethical and untrustworthy and untruthful you are.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Unhappily Screwed Over 0 Votes
Azuma is, by far, the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Not only have they done nothing but spam my email inbox, they willingly participate in creditor harassment, their employees are idiots who can't even look one thing up on their computer, they treat me and my mother poorly, and add charges day by day.

This must be illegal. I know that at least two of the things they continue to do, no matter how many requests that they stop, are illegal. I'm considering hiring a lawyer, because they've demanded and threatened for so much money that they cause serious harm - financially and emotionally. Their threats and coersion methods cannot go unpunished. I have already contacted the BBB and will continue to report them for various things until something is done about this.

I wish I could say I was surprised to find that I'm the only one who has had to deal with their rather shady business, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. They seem very dishonest, unethical, and downright shady. I would rather take my chances on buying a brand new washer and dryer and skip their bull crap.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Unhappily Screwed Over 0 Votes
To Azuma: Cut the crap. No one on this board believes anything you say to save face. Obviously, we all hate your company enough to make these complaints, so don't bother lying to us. No one on this board would hate your company enough to make these complaints out of nothing. There's obviously something very wrong with your company, and you need to admit it.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet and I am a Senior Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these issues in attempt to resolve the situation. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and obtain more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512-233-5042 or through our main line at 800-707-1188, so we can review your account in detail and work together regarding the above referenced issues. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.
 1st of Mar, 2010 by   hoosiergurl927 +1 Votes
Thank you everyone for posting your complaints. We recently got our first apartment and our property manager referred us to this company but after reading all of these complaints it is obvious this company is disgraceful. I wouldn't have even come across this page if I hadn't been trouble accessing their website. Thank God for internet errors. I will remember what all of you have said and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them what I have heard. Thank you for saving me the hassle of dealing with this company.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   AZUMA Leasing 0 Votes
Dear hoosiergurl927,

Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet Richardson and I am the Senior Customer Relations Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these complaints you have read regarding our company. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and provide additional information. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512-233-5042 or through our main line at 800-707-1188, if you have any direct questions, comments or concerns you would like addressed.

There is a another consumer-based website called Merchant Circle that encourages customers to post any customer experience they have had, complaint or compliment. Please view this link to see what our customers are saying:

8th of Mar, 2010 by   Won't be Phucked 0 Votes
My wife and I had thought about a W/D from A.ZUMA until I to came across this page. and based from ALL of the posts. This means your generic posts as well AZUMA. Such as this one...

"Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet and I am a Senior Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these issues in attempt to resolve the situation. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and obtain more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512-233-5042 or through our main line at 800-707-1188, so we can review your account in detail and work together regarding the above referenced issues. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue"

I have not yet done anything other than request info so far. And WILL be telling AZUMA where they can stick it when they do call. And so help me if this is a scam to get personal info... I WILL be showing up at many of your locations. PS.. Its a free service I offer just for you AZUMA... some restrictions apply, lube not included.

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide