logo

Chase Bank
CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTICE
2. (5 mins ago)
Value Gas Station-on Dundas St
Scamming gas station and rude service
3. (5 mins ago)
refusing to fill scripts

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Away We Go Promotions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - possible fraud in travel promotion

Away We Go Promotions Contacts & Informations

Away We Go Promotions

Posted:    Dr Patricia Connor Ballard

possible fraud in travel promotion

Away We Go Promotions/promotions
1735 Market St A - 440
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: 1-877-994-6292
Service@yourpromotiontravel.com
My husband and I attended a discount travel promotion presentation on a Saturday morning in early May 2010, held in the Georgetown district of Washington DC. A slick presentation, during which the presenter put us on the spot for already owning a timeshare in Hawai'i (which we bought as a resale on EBay for a greatly discounted price and without closing costs, we have used it for several years without a problem and it is right on the beach in Waikiki). The presenter" and his team worked us over for sure, but we left without buying into the discount travel program they offered. We received, as advertised, 2 vouchers - one for airfare and one for a cruise. We mailed in our vouchers and paperwork before the posted deadline, and received back our Promotions reservation request forms for air fare (2 adults RT in continental US) and 7-day Caribbean cruise (any cruise line at selected starting points) . We filled out our request for the cruise (which we knew would be based upon availability), attached a postal money order to "Promotions" for approxiamtely $500 in port taxes, as well as our US passport information. This was sent by certified mail on 26 May 2010, requesting a cruise for 28 or 29 August 2010 (well within their guidelines for 60 day notice). Although we were only asked to provide 2 choices, I provided 5 choices for 28-29 August, all out of Florida. We were told we would be notified 14-30 days prior to the cruise. On instinct, I emailed them at their email address of Service@yourpromotiontravel.com (no tel # was provided on the reservation request form) on Monday, 19 July 2010. Today (20 July 2010) I received an email from "Nancy Hightower "at Yourpromotravel@gmail.com saying that they did not have an activiated reservation request form in their files or were able to locate a travel request form in their system, and claiming that their mail department requires 2-4 weeks for process and "were behind." I offered to fax another copy of the reservation request form to them, using the fax # she gave me of 1-800-886-4546. Despite 3-4 attempts, their fax machine was "busy/not repsonding" according to my fucntioning fax machine. I emailed her and told her that her fax machine was dysfunctional, and provided her my cell phone # to call me. I have received no call from her or her designate at this point in time. I then emailed her and asked for her office tel number, but did not receive a response either by email or tel. I looked up Away We Go Promotions on the internet, and found their posted tel # of 1-877-994-6292 but not one was available to take my call. Her latest email response, prior to the fax machine being dysfunctional, instructed me to send them a copy of our post money order receipt, certified mail receipt, and our contact information so that she could "expedite" our cruise request. I now need to go home and look to see if I saved those documents (I usually do). However, in reviewing the other posted complaints, I now doubt that any further actions will get us a free Caribbean cruise and that we are now out of approximately $500. Since we used a US Post Office Money Order, and they requested US Passport information, can this be considered federal fraud??????
Comments United States Vacation Clubs
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2010 by   EverettDavis 0 Votes
I am contacting the Cherry Hill municipal offices and will be outside picketing tomorrow for their 6pm and 8pm meetings along with contacting NBC10 to let them know the company is now in Cherry Hill. Unfortunately I made the mistake of sending in the money for the vacations and after they could not fill any of my requested dates they told me my money would not be refunded until the 1 year expiration of the vacation offer. I have made over 100 calls to them at the 877-994-6292 number and when I was lucky enough to get a human on the line I was given the run around and told over 20 times someone would call me back to straighten out the problem and never 1 phone call back.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   John Conner 0 Votes
Update Please. It sounds like another case of someone thinking they were going to get something for nothing. My wife and I have done several of these promotional trips and have never had a problem. Yes you do have to travel off season and are at their mercy as far as the dates go which for some people is a royal pain. I bet you re one of those idiots that thinks you are going to get a balcony cabin to.
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   RD2 0 Votes
"I bet you're one of those idiots that thinks your going to get a balcony cabin". Why would you make that kind of statement?
Do you really need to demean someone to make yourself feel better? Sounds to me like you and your wife are much smarter than
the rest of us, that may take a person or a company at their word.

The 5 Biggest College Application Mistakes