logo

4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
PLATINUM CARD Membership for $37 fee
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
Iranian hospital Dubai...worst hospital with worst surgeons
Iranian hospital Dubai.....worst hospital with worst surgeons

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Payments Data Realease Div., East Meadow, New York Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Award Notice

Award Payments Data Realease Div. Contacts & Informations

Award Payments Data Realease Div.

Posted:    Amy

Fraudulent Award Notice

Award Payment Data Release Div.
P.O. Box 9000
East Meadow, New York
I received a letter that begins with the following.

There is much excitement in Our Offices for YOU, YOUR IDENTIFICATION for the Award Payment Data Release has been FINALIZED and APPROVED!

THE PRIZE PAYMENT DATA RECORD READS: -YOU-are Known HOLDER of IDENTIFICATION No: 2180414514 FILED IN OUR MAIN OFFICE FOR THE AWARD PAYMENT REPORT.

This is Real and Actual based on results from your recent participation in a National Promotion in which Your subsequent Identification is now announced. We know how exciting this is, so please follow the simple directions on these Award Payment Data Release Office Documents as directed.

And so on...

Enclosed with the letter is a DOCUMENT OF AWARD PAYMENT that contains what looks like a check in the amount $1, 400, 000.00. This document had check marks next to the following paragraphs:

___I, Amy Sweikar state that I am the Identified Person Named here for the $1, 400, 000.00 Dollars in Sweepstakes and Contest Monies/Prize as Data Release has now CONFIRMED. The Award Payment Data Release office states that I am 100% fully identified. The entrant directives for the Full~$Amount are On Record and are Issued to Me and I am only required to complete, sign and enclose the Award Payment Data release fee of just the $19.99 which I am enclosing as follows...

___I have enclosed my fee of $19.99 by __check__cash__money order payable to : "D.R.D. Main Office-Payments Director". Receipt of Payment enacts Delivery.

Had I not researched this and found that others received the same type of letter, I very well could have lost $19.99 in hopes of receiving this large sum of money.
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2008 by   jasaline colon 0 Votes
I too receive this mail and was about to lose my money if i hadnt check this website
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   JOHN WOLANSKI 0 Votes
I received the same notification requesting a fee of $19.99 to cover expenses.
 23rd of Nov, 2008 by   pam 0 Votes
I received the same letter except mine was from Jericho New York.. Why hasen't the goverment taken care of this problem?

Thanks Amy for your help.
 15th of Jan, 2009 by   Kim 0 Votes
I too received the same letter.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   kaynicole88 0 Votes
i wonder how many people have goten scamed by this letter? i also reseved it i had to ask my mom to look it over. she pointed out to me that they never say who they are really. i am just wondering if they use the same identification number on every letter? mine was 2200916183
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned 0 Votes
Got the letter as described today. Really wish someone would stop this kind of junk mail! Thanks for all who posted was a big help!!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   sirrichard 0 Votes
I recived the letter yesterday. stating the same as stated above. mine was also from jericho new york. I sent a money order in and was waiting for a responce. today in the mail I recived another claimed winning of 5, 000 so I started looking into it. so I am out 19.95. lesson learned.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   pescinski 0 Votes
I got my letter on 9-14-09, What a ripoff. Some one should get these people.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by   Donna2 0 Votes
i got the letter today 7-15-10 i knew right off that it was a scam, why would they want you to pay 20 to give you a million? always think before reacting, , if i dont know i always check. Dont let these people have your money you worked so hard for. God Bless.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   obo 0 Votes
I sent them a $ 20 bill--Monopoly money that is
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   MARILYNTHOMAS 0 Votes
I NEED SAME MONEY I TAKE CARE OF FIVE GRANDCHILDS AND I AM 53YEAR OLD. I NEED A BLESSING IN MY LIFE.THANKYOU.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   jbradley 0 Votes
I received this letter today and reported it to the post office mail fraud division. Everyone should report these things. Jbrad
 12th of May, 2011 by   Mpacia 0 Votes
This is a scam! Do not loose your money
 12th of May, 2011 by   Mpacia 0 Votes
This is a scam
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   Calicol256 0 Votes
It is funny that the letter has the address and no one have done anything. P.O. Box 9004 Westbury, NY 11590-9004 I think it is time for authorities to do something. Money situation is hard for everyone and even $19.99 dollars is money and we do not want to lose it. My ID 2278567009 I got the letter today. 06/14/2011

Fight Against Healthcare Insurance Fraud