logo

Rogers
Overcharge on bills
2. (11 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
3. (28 mins ago)
fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Payment Data Release Div., New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - Documents/Reports Prize Data Release

Award Payment Data Release Div. Contacts & Informations

Award Payment Data Release Div.

Posted:    casmiper

Documents/Reports Prize Data Release

D.R.D Awards Payments Data Release
EastMeadow, NY 11554-9000
New York, New York
Phone: None
I received this letter stating that I won $1, 400, 000.00 from a sweepstakes but if you read on it does not tell me what contest and how I will receive the check. I am to enclose $19.99 payable to D.R.D Main Office- Payment Director. Receipt of Payment enacts Delivery.
With all the errors of capitalization, one semi-comma, no return telephone number, spelling or the number of the division in full made my wonder. So I just typed in the address and get came up on this site claiming this letter as a scam.
Why should I have to pay for transfer of my new funds? Again, where is the phone number to contact anyone in the office or the email address. I may be stupid but I am not crazy. Watch out for this kind of mail since the lottery and everything gets out of hand.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Apr, 2010 by   sweetmlw 0 Votes
I too just recieved this letter. It does very much so look and sound legit, but I talked to the BBB better business bureau, and they said it IS a scam. Anytime you have to pay and amount of money to recieve money, is a scam. Iam so glad I checked into this before I made a big mistake.
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   nickita28 0 Votes
I got a letter in the mail after i already signed one to receive 5, 000. I was told i, was selected at 10:17 am Pst. They said" this letter constitutes actual designation as me being the owner of 1.5 mil". That all monies are legally bound to be paid out based on laws governing the allocation of sweepstakes and no entry fees are requires. It's confirmed that i am the intended receiver. They are ready to issue me the entire 1.5 mil. Then i see send a process fee by check, cash, money order to prize data. I was hype for a couple of hours.Then i looked it up and found this cite, hundreds of ppl had been taken for $20, fake checks and so on.I showed their them forget lawyers and the aggravations. I sent that junk back with a $10 Monopoly money and a ounce of baking power. They wanna be diabolical!!!.
 14th of May, 2011 by   FREDDIE BATES JR 0 Votes
I got the same letter today thru our post office, why can't we sue this person robert richards he has to have a bank account somewhere well he won't git my 20.00 dollars its going to post master gen.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   latonya ford 0 Votes
i just got a letter and yes to god to be true. thanks for the comments i'll put my 20$ in my tank.
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   emilycharmed 0 Votes
i recieved 3 different award letters this past week prize data, data release, and then one long document comes from kannas city that looks real and claims I, ve won 2 million i but requires me to send 11.89.after all the fraud mail i recieve i really want to believe that maybe .but, they say if u have to send money to get money its not real. i really can't stand that companys get away with tricking people that there dreams have finally come true..any ones best bet is stick to pch and american family sweepstakes. send no money to any one..

Start Thinking About Year-End Tax Moves Now