logo

cheating job seekers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Notification Commission/aka Next Gen, Kansas City, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Said I was a winner and asked for $11.89 for a applied fee

Award Notification Commission/aka Next Gen Contacts & Informations

Award Notification Commission/aka Next Gen

Posted: 2012-01-01 by    Carolyn Faye Lamb

Said I was a winner and asked for $11.89 for a applied fee

anc aka/ Next Gen
Kansas City, Kansas
Phone: 913-338-1823
I received an Official Mail Delivery Form W098 saying I had won $2, 000, 000.00 and I could get it in 30 payments of $66, 667.00 or in one lump sum of $1, 250, 000.00. Then the form said I had to send an applied fee of $11.89 in order to secure the money. Stupid me sent the check for $11.89 and I have not heard a word. I got to thinking about it shortly after I sent it and got a bad gut feeling it was fraud. I started checking on line under Award Notification Commission/aka Next Gen and found 70 complaints of fraud just like this one. I want these people stopped and I want my $11.89 back and I want to know if I have groundsto sue these people for fraud. I have done lots of paper work on this and have the forms. sent to me. I"m mad at myself, but these documents look very much official. It has for the address the following:.Office of the President, Award Notification Commission, Official Records and Contact -Financial Matters, Processing & Judging Plaza, PO Box 2905, Kansas City, KS 66110 and then under that it says UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Mr. James Mallory signed the form. It all looked and sounded so official. What a dope I am. I hope you can get these bozos and put them in jail. I don't want to see anyone else scammed.

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2012 by   mbridges 0 Votes
I don't know if this is real are not.I'm a loving mother of 3 wonderful children and to me every dime counts.For something like this is a dream come true not just for me but for my family.The things that was going though my head when I received that letter in the mail stating that i could Win 2, 000, 000.00 was astounding to my ears. As a mother I would very much so want this to be real. My mother has always told me you have to put in to get in. In other words nothing is free. Maybe it is me that have high expectations. As a mother who wouldn't? Every Mother wants the best for there children so every 11.89 that they ask for they are taking from my children. If this is a scam.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   lewis stanley 0 Votes
I lewis stanley was scaned
 26th of Jan, 2012 by   jose severino 0 Votes
i just received this letter also, but thank god i opted not to send them cash but i did return the envelope due to it saying no purchase necessary, , , but i got this feeling so i came to this site thank you for letting me know of its scam, but we should find a way to sue them for fraud, and getting old people like me hopes on winning such a prize,
 7th of Feb, 2012 by   Mad World 0 Votes
I bet no one has even thought of this, but I would bet that this scam actually comes from our own corrupt government as another way to take it's peoples money.
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   leroyg +1 Votes
2/21/2012 got one today in the mail tride to look them up on pc and i got all this, thanks for your wornings
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Capucine Malava 0 Votes
My name is Capucine and i live in Las Vegas, a single mother also and i was scamed. I sent the letter back after doing my research. I am really angry that they would give people who are in serious financial danger false hope. Thank you for warning me.
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   shera waj 0 Votes
I am very truly surprised to see this negative true comments about ANC. I too received a letter stating the exact same thing and that I should pay a dispatch fee of $11.89. Shame on them! And I hope they are caught before they mess up other innocent people like us who would be so desperate and not see the need to research if this company is a fake or not. I had a wierd feeling about it too because as I recall I did not enter in any draw or sweepstake to deserve this kind of false surprise. If only it was true. And for the person who stated that it is a government scam, I dont believe so because anyone can use the government's identity to fool us so that we can easily believe. So, my point being, no I dont think the government is behind it leroyg. Thank you all for the eye opener. Jaynemik
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   Two true 0 Votes
Wow, thanks to people like all of you no one else will be scammed. This proves the saying, "One person can make a difference, " true. You are brave for just sharing your experience. Many people wouldn't have and that makes you special. May good things happen to/for you. Nothing good will come to those scam artists. In fact they are digging themselves a very deep dark financial hole and will fall prey to the same type but much better scam. For Carma is real and what you give out comes back seven times. Again, thank you for not being a victim but a victor.
 4th of Mar, 2012 by   joeverville 0 Votes
i got a letter too and i was checking when the money pose to be sent but i am lucky i check this web out now i am not sending the money i been scam way tomany time's
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   tranylady 0 Votes
I just received a notice today similar to yours " for $2, 000, 000". ... I thought ya sure. When I got to the bottom it asked for money $11.89. That tipped me off, it's a scam. No real contest ask for money, even Publisher's Clearinghouse says no purchase necessary. If it ask for money don't do it.
Mother
 31st of Mar, 2012 by   Symone X 0 Votes
I am so glad for the internet because I knew to be suspicious when I saw that one has to send 11.89 which is not a lot of money and one would be tempted to send the money but I am so glad that I researched this and my suspicion was confirmed.Rule of thumb: One should not have to pay money to win money especially when it's worded as if the money is yours but there is also a notice just below the "official signature" that says "No pruchase necessary to win" which is a major warning.
 3rd of May, 2012 by   MS PORCHER 0 Votes
the same thing has happen to me... except i sent in 14.98 an extra 3.00 dollars for rush delivery!!! i hope these ppl can be stopped and stopped ASAP!!!
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   momsdaughter 0 Votes
my 86 yr old mom fell for this scam also. She sent 20 to one person then another 30 to another person, well 4 times she sent money. This place was one of them. When she told me of how she was going to spend it and how she was going to divide it between 6 children, and all the good she was going to do with it, it made me sick. I ask to see the paper work and immediately took it home to check it out, She has no computer. Everyone of them was fraud. The worse part was she had sent checks from her acc so now they have her account routing number and access to her account. We immediately went to the bank and closed the account, and will be going to the police today to report it. They have to print a statement in the local paper to warn people of the current scam in our area. Then we are going to the Postal Service to find out what can be done and how it is allowed to go through our US Postal system. She has learned her lesson. I reminded her if these people have monies to give away there are places like St Judes Children Hosp. etc that they can give to and get a tax break. People dont just give money away. They would have to pay a gift tax on it and their not going to do that. IF ITS SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS. momsdaughter
 16th of Aug, 2012 by   Sandra Bloss 0 Votes
I to received the same letter as all of you did. I am disable, I have 3 children I am on ssd maybe getting a total of 2, 000 a mth and food stamps, when my letter came in, I just got home from the hospital visiting my mother who has cancer, I got my mail and had a letter saying they cut me off my food stamps, then I was so happy when i open up the letter telling me i was the winner of 2 million dollars and all i needed to do is send in 11.89 so like a dummy i jump in my and dropped of the 11.89 . I got home and got on google and look up anc and my life once again came falling down. How this could really send someone who is already in such a bad place, right over the edge. there should be jail time for people who can steal money by lying.. whats the difference from breaking into someones house and taking things, and mailing people letters to their homes saying all the lies, to get you to send money under false pretense????? mothershopes
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   JZ@M 0 Votes
Im sure glad I googled this before I made it to the store to get my money order. I am sorry to hear everyones tragic stories. I hope they get stopped soon. If we all sent them the envelope with a BIG "F**K YOU" in it, I bet we get to the bottom of this or atleast some response.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   JZ@M 0 Votes
Im going to send fake MONOPOLY money so the entree fee is just as fake as the sweepstakes
 24th of Sep, 2012 by   aprilhaviand 0 Votes
i got one to today n said the same but i never sent them n e money just the paper
 24th of Sep, 2012 by   aprilhaviand 0 Votes
i got one today and it said the same thing but i only sent the paper back u cant get blood from a turnup
 29th of Sep, 2012 by   xxL7DOODOOL7xx 0 Votes
If determined as WINNER prize will be payable as: key word determined:you haven't won yet. IMPORTANT:An applied fee of $11.89 must be enclosed as REQUIRED by AWARD NOTIFICATION COMMISION if electing to secure the PREMIUM OFFER purchase for delivery. Key words: if electing secure OFFER: Also no purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chance of winning. So enter the sweepstakes just don't by nothing.also if you have to pay money then you didn't win a prize?
 26th of Oct, 2012 by   casey cadden 0 Votes
I to have been scammed! I knew it was too good to be true! I have time to cancel my check, but I feel like an idiot! How is it possible they can do something like this, couldn't the U.S. postal service stop this? casey cadden

Marriage Fraud