logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (6 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (8 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (13 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (16 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Award Notification Commission, Kansas City, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - 2000000.00 winner

Award Notification Commission Contacts & Informations

Award Notification Commission

Posted: 2012-03-12 by    Brent Maurel

2000000.00 winner

award notification commission
kansas city,ks p.o.box 2905
Kansas City, Kansas
Phone: none listed
I recieved this letter in the mail telling me I won 2 million dollars but there is a deadline to send back the bottom portion with a payment of 11.89 and a signed signature from me. Well, I did and never heard back from them. The letter itself is very convincing and I would appreciate if you guys look into this matter. Im sure Im not the only one they ripped off.

Comments United States Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Winston G -1 Votes
It's a real shame how these jerks can really mess with ones head. I keep getting these type of papers in my mailbox and to tell you the truth some of them are pretty convincing. If it weren't for me goggling this info I would of been another sucker. These douche bags should be put down.
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   Sharon Raper 0 Votes
I received one of these letters yesterday it looks very official but I have done as my son tells me to do I checked the internet first to see what is reported about the company. Thank you very much for the information about them. I have found that any letter that want money this way isn't .
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   Leta Johnson 0 Votes
Everyone.. thanks for the heads up. Just received one in California and had written a check.. and thought to myself.. you need to check this out first.. THANK YOU to everyone on this site. So appreciate the information. It's now in the shredder.
 28th of Jul, 2012 by   Fool in play 0 Votes
Yes I Have Recieved This letter three times and Only sent a money order once, I said to myself, if the first letter said only a one time processing fee, why every letter following wants more money, Didnt feel right about this, Im so glad I saw this add, thank you because the economy is stewed up already, & we as desperate citizens need a Finacial break like this, its the perfect scam, but they need to be put under the jail for preying on individuals whom don't know better.
 2nd of Aug, 2012 by   Sf137137 0 Votes
I I've received a few and wrote one check, when I received more and more asking for money I checked it out on the Internet. Scam for sure, totally sucks people think this way to get money. I have also started to get weird sales phone calls so I think they sold my info to telemarketers too.
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   Wanda Falla 0 Votes
I received one of the letters saying I won 2 million dollars, but I went by my first instinct and got on Internet and checked it out. Found out it was a scam, but I agree these people really need to be put under . Think of the people that don't really have this 14.95 and sends it in anyway thinking they really won something. So Sad! Do something to these people.
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   milagros torres 0 Votes
I just got a letter today so i started looking in the computer and found this thank you guys for a heads up. can the police do something about this? i should go and take this letter so they can look on this. It is not right to play with people this way. They are asking me to send in $14.89 ya right.
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   Wayne Sylvester 0 Votes
How manny time;s are you going to send me this letter? and not send me acheck. You keep telling me I;m a winner! and ask me to send you a check for 11.99. Are you a scam? or are you real. please email me.
Twice I did th[s for you, Now I feel I feell likeke this is wrong. 1948rahn@gmail .com
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   Epy 0 Votes
I received a very convincing letter today from Award Notification Commission that I won 3 millions dollars and to send them check or money order for $11.89 to Judging and Financial Matters Final Processing, PO Box 2905, Kansas City, Kansas 66110-2905, United States of America. I thought is was pretty odd so I checked in the computer and sure enough it's a SCAM. People don't be fooled it's very convincing but if you won this much money why would they charge you 11.89, this doesn't make sense. When you win no one charges you ANYTHING!!!
I feel sad for the elder folks that might think this is true and send the money.
Well at least I wasn't taken for a sucker, LOL
 13th of Mar, 2013 by   Patrick€°°LP 0 Votes
I received one of these letters also. The bold print said I was a winner. Regardless of fine print thus is false and deceptive and is illegal. I think if enough people got together we could put these thieves in jail.
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   Jeff37128 0 Votes
Another offer to claim a prize was sent to me today. 2, 000, 000 dollars you are given the option to take a 30 year payment of 66, 667.00 . It seems as they got information from publishers clearing house. Note: publishers Clearing house will NEVER ask for a fee to claim a prize. the address for this scam is: Office of The President, Award Notification Commission, Official Records and Contacts- Financial Matters. Processing and Judging Plaza, P.O. Box 2905 Kansas City KS 66110 United States Of America. OFFICIAL MAIL DELIVERY is in big bold print at the top of the form. Another scam out there, don't be fooled folks.
 25th of Apr, 2013 by   Ladyb337 -1 Votes
Me and my husband just recived a letter today from award notification commission in Kansas City saying he won a $20000.00 prize thank God I decided to look it up first we have had scamers try to scam use before over the phone this is the first by mail I thank everyone for the countinue postings of them scam artist to warn others of them keep posting of these sad scammers hopefully one day they get caught and stop trying to scam hardworking people with family's this is so sad!!!
 24th of Oct, 2013 by   Brad Galarza -1 Votes
Well they are not much different then any other capitalist that prey on the poor and hopeful. Its totally obvious greed is going to be the down fall of this country. The rich get richer while second class citizens work there hind ends off for scraps. Its not fair and of course everyone says well life isn't well to me it seems its up to us make the world the way we want it for ourselves and for future generations. I think its time for a revolution if our leaders aren't willing to step out into the real world then it seems that we must make them. I hope we have a real leader stand up for us soon before its to late. Come on think about it do people really need the most expensive homes cars and clothing. I know I hate the fact that our leaders are in suits that cost more than my car or that they fly first class when most of us cannot even afford to fly to the next state. Its time for changes unless you want to be post-American
 24th of Oct, 2013 by   Brad Galarza 0 Votes
To finish last sentence to be a post-american peasant. Look I do not even know where to start but if you do you can count me in as a supporter because I am tired of feeling the hopelessness of everyday life that people are turning to thievery and hurting each other just to get by and we know that the only jobs coming around anymore are most likely temporary or police officers or jailors. Its apparent that our leaders don't even notice us regular people if they do its just smoke trying to look good we need committed representatives not politicians that only worry about themselves and there contributors. Greed or capitalism whatever you want to call it must go or we the smaller people must implement these changes in order to create the world that we want for ourselves and future generations. Wow I'm sorry I really do not want to come off as a politician lol well I really hope we can do it but I do know if we fee like its hopeless
 24th of Oct, 2013 by   bellamie 0 Votes
Do Not contact "Board Instructor" He is a scammer. There is not such thing as "Cyber Crime Bureau Investigation Department"

There was never any prize. There was never any draw. Do NOT send your information to anyone.

Besides, why would an "official" department use a free gmail account? It is a SCAM
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   vegaskim64 0 Votes
I just received this in the mail today and had me excited for about a second...then I saw they wanted me to send money and that led to many more red flags - thanks to everyone who posted here - I think these guys should be shut down - how come they are still around after seeing years of complaints? Award Notification Commission, PO Box 2905, Kansas City CS 66110 - Larry Hourd, Executor of Awards is listed as the person who authorized it. Looks like the signature on the bottom is that name - but there it says "Office of Director, Representative signature" - I'm sure they are using the credit/debit card numbers and signatures - heck, some poor people are even sending their CVV code on the back of their cards! The small amount is why people do it, but I'm sure they have a very sophisticated operation that includes credit card fraud too.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   bellamie 0 Votes
It is unfortunate how many people get caught up in these scams. They prey on the poor and usually the older, more trusting people.

No legitimate lottery/draw/prize will ever ask you to pay money in order to receive your winnings.

Also -if you never entered a draw, you can't win it.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   TygerLily 0 Votes
I got a letter from them too yesterday and I knew something is fishy about the letter. I'm very hip with these kind of bogus letters. I came across plenty of scumbags in the past but never got suck into it. I can smell scam as soon as I look at someones profile or any letter from the mail...plenty of guys and gals scam on people around the world. and thanks to my almighty God for watching over me. elderlies specially, you guys need to be careful. I apologize for non-capitalization of my comment. I just want to type straight to the point.
 4th of May, 2014 by   little little 0 Votes
I just got the same letter over n over diff companys they need to be stopped if u have to send money to win money its a scam...
 27th of May, 2014 by   J. Ether 0 Votes
just got one of these notifications, as well, in Oakland CA.

They use incredibly misleading text. If you read carefully it says that they're asking you to pay $12.99 for the "premium offer" which is 75% off some kind of unspecified merchandise. It never actually says you've won anything, but is completely and intentionally misleading in a way that I'm sure is illegal.

The Psychology of Pricing