logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Diet ultimo
no response to cancel further products
2. (4 mins ago)
TRADELINES TO BOOST CREDIT SCORES
Todd stockton of highlands ranch colorado ripped me off !
3. (15 mins ago)

Latest Questions

avangate.com, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - another avangate victim

avangate.com Contacts & Informations

avangate.com

Posted: 2012-02-10 by    Don_H.

another avangate victim

avangate.com
Ohio
I purchased a $1.99 trial for media software access from avangate. i didn't realize that after 7 days it would automatically renew for $69.95. It was my fault for not reading the fine print. However I called them and asked for a refund. They granted me the refund and said it would appear as a credit on my debit card after 24 hours. The next day I checked with my bank and there no credit, and instead there was a 2nd charge of $69.95!!! I have read several complaints online about the company and everything that people are writing about them is true. The company is based in the Netherlands and they say they will take care of charges and they DON'T.

You could try to contact their customer service (650) 963-5701 and work through an issue but I guarantee you will end up calling them everyday, asking why it has not been done. If this happens to you, best thing to do is immediately call and report your card stolen so they will stop charging your card and so that you can get your bank to cancel the previous charges. Otherwise, prepare for avangate to keep using your card number to pile on additional, unauthorized charges.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Feb, 2012 by   Avangate Support 0 Votes
Dear Don_H,

Please note that typically the time-frame between the moment a refund is authorized and its the actual release is of about 24 hours. Afterwards, the actual transfer might take a couple of days to be completed depending on the appropriate banking operations required in the respective case. Unfortunately your comment does not include any order identification element therefore we have been unable to locate your order in our database and look into the situation you have described. Consequently, we kindly ask you to reply back on this thread and provide us with your 10 digit order reference number so that we can clarify this issue.

Avangate Support Team
www.avangate.com.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   kangbonghee 0 Votes
How are you ?
I pray eternal development of your company.
I ask reply in early time as it inquires because product does not yet arrive Advanced SystemCare 5 of your company received purchase money Anio that is different.

Main statement number : 11989893
emails : Batico@hanmail.net
address :kr/ Inchon Gyeyanggu jack jen dong 647 sky bldgs
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   Avangate Support 0 Votes
Dear kangbonghee,

According to the information we found in our database, the products contained within your order ref. no. 11489893 have been sent to your email address on 2012-02-07. Following your posting above we have just manually resent your licensing details to the provided email address. Should you not receive our email messages within the next 15 minutes, you may want to either contact us directly or reply on this thread with an alternative email address to which we should resend your registration information.

Avangate Support team
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   Davie200 0 Votes
After I purchased a program thru this company my credit card was used to purchase over $1500 in other goods. Watch out. This is a scam by all means. Working with my credit card company now. I know it was them as I had not used my card till then and all the charges happened right after that. Thanks to my bank for calling me to alert me to the fraudulent charges. I hope I can recover but who knows. Watch out...
 20th of Aug, 2012 by   Avangate Support 0 Votes
Dear Davie200,

At Avangate, we would like to thank you for the time invested in reporting this issue. In regards to the reported incident below, given the fact that online shopper security in our payment environment is of utterly great importance for us as eCommerce providers, we`d like to state the following:

Avangate Services are PCI DSS Level 1 Certified (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). PCI DSS is the most important security standard for the card payment industry. All online transactions are made using a SSL connection (128 bytes) provided by Verisign. The data sent from end-users browser to Avangate servers is always encrypted.
All Avangate servers are certified McAfee Secure and scanned daily by ScanAlert for known vulnerabilities. Additionally and most important, Avangate does not store any credit card sensitive information.

Also, we advise and advertise to all customers, the 3D Secure Standard (Verified by Visa & Mastercard Secure Code) from which all transactions made through our terminals, benefit in full.
For cards issued under MasterCard and VISA, card information is filled in directly on bank's systems, hence the risk of sensitive data-loss is reduced to 0.

From our experience, in your case, we can conclude that your personal information may have been lost to 3rd parties due to a previously (accidentally) installed Malware software like a Trojan horse / key-logger etc.
One other possibility would be the usage of a public (wireless) network who`s traffic can be scanned in real-time, and even a remote key-logger software be installed directly on the router. The information in the above cases, may have been lost during the check-out process, but because of outside factors predetermined by the your local environment. Factors that cannot be in anyway managed by Avangate.
To avoid this kind of situation in the future, we advise you to change all passwords to your private accounts / sensitive data from any previously accessed secure terminals, on-top of getting your card and account changed. Additionally we`d recommend you to install a strong antivirus solution coupled with a security solution and in the future CAREFULLY use public / unprotected (Wifi) networks.

Please note that Avangate processes thousands of transactions daily; if Avangate would have suffered any kind of security breach, we`d be soon out of business. Our main line of business is to offer a safe and secure environment for processing online payments.

We hope the above clarifies the situation. For any other question, don`t hesitate to contact us at support [at] avangate [dot] com

Avangate Risk Team
 19th of Oct, 2012 by   Tony L. 0 Votes
I made a repurchase of IOLO System Mechanics to try and solve a sound problem on my laptop. Every time I try to access System Mechanics it tells me my account expired on Sept 12 2012.. I am so frustrated with not being able to contact them ie phone numbers not recognised, the constant none information that is being fed back to me. Very angry at the way this business is performing in such an amateur fashion. A refund seems to the only solution under this duress
 19th of Oct, 2012 by   Avangate Support 0 Votes
Dear Tony L.

We're sorry to hear about your situation. Depending on the manner in which you wish to solve the current situation (meaning if you chose to have the technical issue resolved, or whether you decide to cancel the order) you can contact both IOLO and Avangate as follows:

In order to solve the technical problem itself, please contact IOLO directly at:

Contact URL: http://iolo.com/customercare/
Support Email: avangatesupport@iolo.com
Support Phone: 323-257-8886 (US)

In order to cancel the order and receive a full refund, please provide us with your order reference number by replying in this thread or by contacting us directly (phone/email) at the contact details for customer support provided on our official website: http://www.avangate.com/company/contact.php
NOTE: the refund can be processed by Avangate only if the original payment was processed by our company.

Avangate Support Team