Avangate Media Crawler

South Africa
Good day.
Yes what happened to me I were looking for a sight to download an aircraft related manual.The quote me a small amount to access the manual and then after a couple of days the helped them self and deduct a full amount of 69 dollars from my account.They also came back with all types of excuses I did not read and and ... Luckily people like this will burn in hell.
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Books
Was the above complaint useful?

22nd of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Dear Customer,

Please be aware that Avangate and Media Crawler are two different companies. Avangate provides payment services to over 30.000 websites, one of them being Media Crawler. From the complaint you posted it looks like you signed up for the trial version of Media Crawler's service and did not disable the automatic billing during the 7 days of the trial, hence the 69.95$ charge. If you would be kind enough to provide us with more information regarding the order we could submit a refund request to Media Crawler.

Kind regards,
 27th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Good Day.

I did explain every thing nicely and later received my refund,

Ok not sure about the two companies but normally it will not be possible to deduct money from somebodies account.I still thinking they are out to catch the people.

Thanks Again
 20th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
J'ai ete debite de 62, 93€ alors que j'avais bien precise que que je ne le voulais pas. D'autant que je n'ai jamais recu aucun code d'acces.
Facture Numero : 150312
Si je n'arrive pas a avoir de remboursement, je porterais plainte et ferais une action en justice par l'intermediaire d'une association de consommateurs.
M. MATHIEU Jean-Claude (Mawei)
 20th of Mar, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Bonjour Mawei,

On vous confirme par ici que nous avons informe l’editeur du logiciel de votre demande. Des qu’il nous repond avec l’accord, on pourra rembourser le montant de 62.93 Eur.

Pour tout autre renseignement nous restons a votre entiere disposition au support@avangate.com.

21st of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

Avangate Media Crawler - Avangate Media crawler
Avangate Media crawler

I purchased a trial period of 7 days for a company called Media Crawler. At the time of signup I clicked on a box that said "disable auto-renewal".
They charged me $69.95 for the full service anyway. Now they are insisting that there is no checkbox to disable auto-renewal and will not refund my money.
I have emailed "media crawler" to tell them that I want a refund. They refuse !!!, The only thing they say they will do it . This was done once already 1 days ago on 3/21/12.
I want me $69.95 back. I am disabled and on a fixed income. This is ridiculous.
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Dear hansen272,

Please take into consideration the fact that Avangate and Media Crawler are two different companies. Online payments for orders placed on http://www.media-crawler.com are processed by Avangate as a reseller of Innovative Media Solutions Ltd., the merchant operating http://www.media-crawler.com. For details regarding issues other than online payment processing we recommend contacting the software / service provider.

The same situation applies if you need a refund for your order. Refunds are approved directly by the software / service provider. If the refund is refused, the only other solution available is to file a dispute with your bank.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,
 4th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Je suis affolée, je m'aperçois que j'ai été débitée de 62, 30euros sans aucune volonté de ma part. Je souhaite d'une part un remboursement et d'autre part, souhaite stopper toute colaboration ou engagement avec cette sociéte. d'autre part votre adresse de consommateur ne fonctionne pas . je commence à trouver cela plus que douteux. veuillez me rembourser au plus vite, sinon je crains devoir faire appel à la justice.
INFORMATIONs:Numéro de référence produit: 4552899
Nom produit: Media Crawler
Quantité: 1
Prix/unité: 52.35 EUR
Taxes (TVA): 9.95 EUR
Total: 62.30 EUR
HERRADA. E. (France)
 10th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
this is coming from Canada a complainat that we were charged $1.99 and now they want $70.00 more for some brochure we are not getting ;
we want to have our money back and not more charges to us right away we are not happy with this situation at all
 10th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
We do not want the info that was requested as the cost was more than we were told and now want our money refunded right away and no more charges to us
Dear Fred Ohara,

Could you be kind enough to provide us with the order reference number, here or by email? If you have been charged already we will gladly refund the money, since Media-Crawler recently gave us direct approval for this.

Kind regards,
 18th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Excusez nous pour le retard de notre reponse. Le debit represente le paiement automatique pour la version complete du logiciel. Comme precise en ligne, si pendant la version de probe ce paiement n’est pas annule, vous serez debite pour le montant de la version complete. A votre demande on a informe Media Crawler que vous desirez avoir annule la transaction et etre rembourse.

Pour autres renseignement vous pouvez nous contacter a support@avangate.com.

Avangate Logo Avangate