logo

Munnik Basson Dagama Inc
identity account
5. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us

Consumer Tips & Tricks

AutoVantage Enhanced

Posted:    vern irish

vern irish

AutoVantage Enhanced
They are charging me for this autovantage enhanced, they have taken money on my credit card, i have not signed anthing for this, i have tried to call them for two day's now, i get no responce, except that they are busy, and to call back later.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Nov, 2008 by   Cherri Harris 0 Votes
I think this is scam!!! I somehow signed up (I wasn't aware) probably something on the internet or something and when I call to cancel within my 30 day trial period, all I get is that they are busy and to call back again. (Same as other complaints I've been reading) How can you do anything if you can't speak to anyone and how are you to cancel if they never answer!!! That's one way to get people's money!!! They can just say...we never got a phone call to cancel, well YEAH, you never answer!!! This is an outrage!!!
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   Donna Dimatteo 0 Votes
I just received a postcard stating my renewal was due. I never signed up for this and don't even know what it is.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   DJE +1 Votes
If you received a $5.00 check in the mail (mine arrived via a 'Miles Kimball' envelope) and cashed the check, that action automatically enrolled you in the AutoAdvantage Enhanced Services and granted them permission to charge you $159.99 annually (to the credit card number on file with, in this case, "Miles Kimball") -- unless you call 1-866-659-4827 to cancel within the 30-day trial period, which began the day you cashed their $5.00 check.

I happened to read the "fine print" and discovered this slimey marketing scheme prior to cashing their check. I am marking their check "void" and returning it to John Sessler, the Senior Director of AutoVantage Enhanced Services with a request that he roll it into a cone shape and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Truth be known, John Sessler isn't a real person nor is the title, but both were reflected on the scam mail received.

It is important, in this day and age of predatory business practices, to very carefully read the "fine print". As the old saying goes, "...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is...". Anyone sending to me an unsolicited "free" check in the mail with "no strings attached" will immediately trigger my "scam-radar" to alert. This check had significant long-reaching "strings attached".

Lastly, because this was evidently coordinated through "Miles Kimball" -- I've made my last purchase through their company. It is surprising they permitted a seemingly scumbag action like this to be conducted through their long-standing name in the merchant/retail community. We do indeed learn something new everyday.
 1st of May, 2009 by   JIM in TN 0 Votes
I got an AutoVantage membership package in the mail. After reading the posts above, I asked my wife if she had cashed a $5 check from "Miles Kimball", and she said she had, thinking it was a some kind of a refund. I called the number (1-800-876-7787) on their literature and cancelled the membership, which was in the 30 day free trial period. The call took about two minutes, and they gave me cancellation #. TheAutoVantage membership deal looks ok, but I don't need it, as I've had AAA since the mid-'70's.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   Pisted in MT 0 Votes
I am so ashamed of myself! I ordered from Catalog Favorites a few weeks ago. Lat week, I received a check from them for $10.00. The top part, stated my name and their company name. NOTHING else. I "assumed" I had overpaid. Which, I should have remembered that I had used a credit card and this wouldn't happen. BUT it was money. This morning I stopped at the bank and the VERY friendly, helpful teller asked if I had read the fine print on the back of the check!!! I had to confess I hadn't!! I would be charged $16.99 a month OR the current monthly rate FOREVER... I am sending this check to Catalog Favorites and informed them I will NEVER be ordering from them again. AND I will tell all my friends!!! WHAT A SCAM...
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   John Z. Z 0 Votes
AutoVantage Enhanced mailed me a check every month in the past. The teller from the bank reminded me that I would be charged later on for $16 every month continuously more than I cashed the check $8.25. Of course I refused to cash the check. The check came in several times and bothered me every time. If I treated it as a rebate, I would cause myself troubles later on. I hate this kind of business. I would like to submit my complaint about AutoVantage Enhanced to the Internet and let people realize the trick or fraud in cashing this kind of check. --John
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   mhwillia 0 Votes
Hello everybody,
I can sympathize with you all about this company, and how one can become a victim by simply cashing a check WITHOUT reading the fine print regarding the "terms" for cashing it. I encountered the same issue with my parents; father: 85, and mother now deceased. We received a billing from this c0mpany also for annual renewal. (I'm sure mom, before she passed, did not know this had been going on since September 2008.) Many elderly people who order from catalogs, fall victim simply because they are vision impaired, and cannot read the fine print. (If you have elderly parents, help them with what you know.) Others fall victim simply because they DO NOT read the fine print. In this day we must be ever alert of these kinds of "deals"! I must say, it is deplorable. The only reason it was not taken out of their account is because we have changed their bank account, which caused them to notify us. I called the number on the billing: 1-866-640-7628, and received the same message that 'they were experiencing a high volume of calls, and there would be a long wait'. So, guess what? - I waited on the line for about 10 minutes, was able to speak to a representative, and my issue was resolved. But, I guess the insurance was in the fact that they could no longer charge my parents' debit card because their bank account had been changed. Blessings to you all in resolving your issues with this company.
- mhwillia
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Closers 0 Votes
I just received a letter from USBank (The bank I have my accounts with) In it was a card to sign up with AutoVantage Enhanced and receive a free MP3 player. They will deduct the $15.99 or going rate each month from my account unless I cancel in that 30 day trial. It sounded great for the roadside assistance and travel discount program, and I would love an MP3 player, however I never except anthing at face value until I check it out on the internet. I am glad I did. I'm going to check with my bank because I am very concerned that they would allow anyone access to my account information to take money out each month. There is no place on the sign up card for my bank information. :(

How to Get a Free FICO Credit Score