logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
2. (32 mins ago)
AT&T
No level of competence in services
3. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (1 hr 16 mins ago)

Posted:    Bella

Fraud and scam

AutoVantage
autovantage.com
I write on behalf of my 79 year old mother who was a victim of this scam. In the fall of 2008 she made several purchases from fragrancenet.com. In December of 2008 she got a letter from fragrancenet.com with a $5 check enclosed. She honestly thought she was being 'rewarded' for being a good customer, so she signed and deposited the check. On March 3, 2009 she received her Discover Card bill and noticed a charge of $149.00, charged by AutoVantage. Discover Card was no help at all, telling me that I had to work it out with the company.

I made several attempts to call the company at the listed number, but all their operators or representatives seem to be busy ALL the TIME. So, I e-mailed AutoVantage AND Triegiant Corporation. As of today, I haven't received a reply from either of them, so I e-mailed their 'administrator at Davis & Gilbert, LLP in New York Cit. I haven't heard from them either.

Today, I filed complaints with the Connecticut Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. Tomorrow I will file a complaint with the Attorney General. It saddens me to think that a company or corporation would take advantage of people like this, let alone the elderly who are on fixed incomes. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to recover my mom's money.

I don't understand how fragrancenet.com could give her credit card number LEGALLY to another company. I've learned there is A LOT of information about the AutoVantage SCAM. Just google the name and you'll more than likely grow angry with all the pending lawsuits and scams associated with AutoVangate AND Triegiant Corporation. My mother is a 'saver' so she still has the envelope from fragrancenet.com that contained the check. The return address is clearly fragrancenet.com.

I will no longer purchase her perfume for her from them and I would advised anyone else to buy their perfume elsewhere. Yes, I tried to contact fragrancenet.com. I haven't heard from them either. If anyone out there has any helpful suggestions, I'm open for them I just want to get my mom's money back.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jul, 2011 by   Ponzeroni +1 Votes
My 85 year old mother who does not drive or own a car fell victim to these unscrupulous people. We had no idea whatsoever that she was enrolled in this until a letter came from them saying they were going to re-enroll her for another year at $119.00. I called them- very bad connection in the Phillipines- and was advised that our Macy's card has been charged, in total- $650.00!!! over the years. I am livid with Macy's ( my next call) and this Auto Vantage place told me they are mailing us an affidavit to sign and they will refund the entire $650.oo. Someone has to shut them down.

How to Invest Without Much Money