logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
3. (27 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
4. (46 mins ago)
Silver dollars

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Autolist of Canada, Manitoba Complaints & Reviews - 35% Interest being charged for lease

Auto List Of Canada Contacts & Informations

Autolist of Canada

Posted:    luckyluck

35% Interest being charged for lease

Manitoba
Canada
In October 2009, I was excitied about purchasing my new vehicle that I use a trade to acquire. Went through the whole paperwork and not really thinking I had been trapped into a vehicle lease that I am being charged high interest and high payments for a older vehicle. Now I am trapped with this vehicle that I am paying almost $600.00 a month. The vehicle is a 2003 model, personal I can make a $600.00 payment on a newer model. I should have done more investigation and research before I went to that dealership. As many have come forward in being in the same situation as myself but I would just like the customers to not make the same mistake I did. I have been researching for awhile in getting out of this lease but continue to still seek answers. Thank for hearing me vent and hope I can soon get out of this lease. Thank you
Comments Canada Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2010 by   I hate autolist +1 Votes
I am in the same Autolist boat as you are my friend. They hunt for desperate people who will get suckered in and that's exactly what they did for me. We were there for a couple visits until one Saturday we found a vehicle we wanted and they had us sitting there for eight hours waiting for approval. They finally came back and told us we were not approved for that particular vehicle but wanted to show us something really clean. I was so upset and disappointed and at my wits end and decided to take the vehicle anyway, just to hurry the process. I acted without thinking. Two months in having this vehicle, the transmission coolent line went on the vehicle and they wanted me to pay for it? I told them that they were crooks and I would come drop the vehicle off at their front doors then make a call to the vehicle saftey and motor branch and get them to do an investigation on them. They ended up paying for the job but I was treated with disrespect by the manager of the area where they fix the autos. He told me he wasn't going to lend me a car while mine was getting fixed and I told him that I would wait till he got off work and he could give me a ride home then. I asked him if he was on glue or smoking crack and if he realized how far out in the country I lived? He continued to stay rude with me and then the manager of the whole store decided to go for a two hour lunch break while I sat there waiting to find out if I was getting a lender car to use. It was completely rediculous!
I so want out of this just as much as you do.
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   kitkat2001 0 Votes
I have a car from this company and I have not made a payment since March I have told them over and over to come and get there car and they wont it still sit in my drive way. My grandparent to went through this company and her car sits in her drivway for 3 years. Don't they want there cars back like what good r they to us
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   verypissedyo +1 Votes
I *&*^&%& hate autolist they 're ^&%&% crooks alright, i asked for interest reduction after 3 yrs. payments they told me to go to my own bank and pay it off.what bunch of retards...excuse me 4 that.anyone with info
how to stop this crap please share as we all want to return the vehicle.
 17th of May, 2011 by   Santos1952 +1 Votes
I feel all of your pain. I sat in the dealership for over 10 hours until they virtually wore me down until I signed a lease over 8 years that when I'm finished I've paid over $90, 000 for a $20, 000 truck. But they've screwed up! In their greedy scheme (this was August 2005) they charged me 7% GST, since then the GST has changed to 5%. When in January 2006 they did not bother to inform me that the rate was changed to 5% and instead kept on charging me the old rate. When I noticed this a couple of months back and asked for an explanation, they acted as if I were from another planet. I wonder how many of us are out there under the same situation. I would love to hear from anyone else with a likely scenario, that is a lease started before Jan. 1st 2006. Please contact me at santos52@shaw.ca
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   regret buying 0 Votes
They are bunch of assholes who pray on people. No one should ever buy a car from these crooks. They sucked me in to finance the car with low rate while I could pay in cash. I realized that I was charge $1000 upfront for it. also they want me charge $995 for the bogus paper work. These east Indian bastard should be shipped back to India to walk bear foot looking for food.
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   Not to happy with them 0 Votes
SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT BY GETTING RIPPED OFF BY AUTOLIST. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE AND ARE STILL PUTTING IN THERE COMPLIANTS WITH CONSUMER PROTECTION OFFICE WITH THE PROVINCE OF MB, SO GIVE THEM A CALL 945-3800 AND THEY WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU BECAUSE AUTOLIST IS BREACHING THERE INTERESST RATES AND THEY WILL BE IN COURT SOON ENOUGH!! SOOO GIVE THEM A CALL AS THEY HAVE COMPLIANTS ALREADY AND THE PROVINCE IS WORKING ON THE COMPLIANTS.
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   Claude Boulanger 0 Votes
Has anyone succeeded in court with these crooks. If so, I sure would like to know the lawyer who was successful with these outlaws. I thought I was purchasing from these guys. They kept me all day and rushed me to sign at the end of the day. They told me to sign if I wanted to catch an Autopac agent. When I got to Autopac the agent they told me this was a lease and not a purchase. After a few months the vehicle I got started to fall apart. I asked them to pick it up and they agreed. 2 years later these crooks took me to court saying I breached the lease. Now they are garnishing my pay. So far they have garnished $20 000.00. I feel this is unfair because I am paying for something that is not even in my pocession. Someone please refer a lawyer to me.
 20th of May, 2012 by   ehme 0 Votes
Hi I am just another unhappy customer of autolist. I am very interested in finding as many people who would like to get together about a group discussion as to what would be the best way to pursue an exit from their bogus leases. I'm stuck so bad I can't even sell my house. The more of us who stand up and say we are not gonna take it the better!!! Please e-mail me at ehmeehme@hotmail.com
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   statictv 0 Votes
Hi, I have gotten lost in a sales person schpeel (at another used dealership) But, I learned it's always always always important to keep track of the PRICE of the vehicle - that's the MOST important. Also everything is still dependent on your credit rating, dealerships can't guarantee a rate or a monthly payment unless your credit is checked - because your credit rating will affect both those things.

I also found that Auto List of Canada gives an opportunity to people with bad or iffy credit histories to improve their credit rating, where other regular dealerships would just reject you. I mean, that's what drew me to Auto List. It's up to the customer to make payments on time (which I did). And quite happy that I can get NEW cars at a regular Honda dealership, yes, I like Honda cars.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   AUTOLISTrippedoff06 0 Votes
I hate Auto List of Canada!!! They are total CROOKS and should not be able to operate a business. All they do is sell high priced garbage, and TRAP you into leases. I would love to get the name of a lawyer that has been successful in sticking it to these JERKS!!!
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   sorbum 0 Votes
there just a shit show trying to rip off as many ppl as they can. I got a car three years ago and the motor blew 6 months into the lease. I kept paying as I was told it will help build my credit in the long run, after a full year I went back and traded that car for a truck and one more trade after that so now I've had 3 rides from them not 1 was had a real safety and I now owe $60, 000 for a truck I have paid $20, 000 for already its a 08 so no bank will touch it and my credit has not changed at all.
 9th of Apr, 2013 by   Sharon.M 0 Votes
First of all, I would like to say that every deal is different for every customer, unfortunately the majority of the time you hear are the negative comments because that is part of nature.

However, that being said, there are a lot of customers who do receive good prices off vehicles and are happy with their purchase from Auto List. There are people who pay for a vehicle in full cash, or cheque and have no problems with the vehicle at all. However, on another side of things, Auto List of Canada gives an opportunity for people with no credit, or bad credit the chance to drive and finance the vehicle in payments.

This is where it could be a problem IF the customer decides not to pay, or don't make payments on-time. Because of this, it is a higher risk for Auto List of Canada to take on as a business, so the terms that customers agree with, and sign when LEASING a vehicle may not always be the greatest - that is why Auto List of Canada charges higher interest rates (and when payments are not being paid... higher interest rates + late payments = the more the customer needs to pay in the end).

That being said, all disclaimers and interest rates are explained on the contract the customer is signing. Hope this provides both sides to the story. Also keep in mind, that Auto List of Canada isn't the only dealership that does this, there are other dealerships that have this service as well.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   stranger2013 0 Votes
Guys.the only possible way to get out of the "LEASE" is to 'buyout' your vehicle from Auto List. Ask them to give a 'buy out' price, if you see the price is too high, check and compare with the market value and bargain with Autolist. They will reduce some money but not whole lot of, even if it is something at least you can have that in your pocket, so bargain about the buy out price. Once you are okay with a buyout price and now what you need to do, go to a bank but make sure you dont talk about this vehicle/buy out and apply for a line of credit. There are more chances to get a line of credit for your personal use if you own a house/have a permenant full time job. Once you get a line of credit, you can use this money to pay off the Autolist and buy out the leased vehicle. If you want to keep the vehicle, you can keep orelse sell it through kijiji or something and pay off the line of credit. You will lose some money for sure but remember that is the price of your signature you give to Autolist. If you go with court and complaint, government dont do anything as this Autolist is doing everything by book and so smart to rip off people .
 21st of May, 2013 by   ambwoster 0 Votes
AS I see that most of the complaints on here are justified we purchased a 2008 Saturn Vue from these dirtbags just to have the tranny go out on it not even a year after purchase we are still paying on this car. Called auto list of Canada to see if there was anything they could do about it they said no such luck. I am 44 yrs old and have been buying cars since I was 15 I have never had this happen ever! Oh and to the person who posted the consumer protection acts phone number they are just another toothless govt org just collecting money and doing absolutely NOTHING FOR YOU!!! Typical govt agency! The only think that can happen at this point is to approach your local MPP and demand that they put through a lemon law. We have a law in this country called a safety check for vehicles which is ridiculous but no lemon law. Do not care if a car I buy has a quarter sized hole in the trunk but I sure as heck care if it does not run! Frick does anything the govt do make any sence?
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   AutoListOfCanada 0 Votes
We appreciate everyone's feedback. There are 3 sides to every situation, a small part of our business, our services and the non-prime segment of automotive finance market.

Unfortunately, number of accounts go delinquent. Some customers do not pay their financial obligation accounts.

In general, it is those who complain and do not take responsibility for their own actions.

Every case is different. We appreciate every customer. We will continue to learn and make every effort to provide the best of customer service.

Thank You !

Team AutoList Of Canada
 27th of Jun, 2013 by   Screwed by auto list 0 Votes
Autolist is the WORST dealership I have every come across. They are con artists with attitude. We bought (or sorry Leased) as we found out a 07 and when reading the fine print was ropped into a 12 year lease we would end up paying $63, 00 for this vehicle the car was not working for us as we are disabled so Ishwar agreed to take back this vehicle and again Lease us a 07 van, thinking that we are already committed to 12 years why not upgrade... easier said that done as now in their eyes we have 2 loans even though he never asked for 2 payments ... after 2 years of making new payments we found out when trying to sell our house that he had 2 leins on our house and now there goes our retirement money out the window. So many have been taken by him...talked to a lot of people and I can't understand how this is legal...need to do a class action suit against them ...to many people have lost homes due to this...ready to
start making signs and picketing in front of the dealership and make awareness and stop others from making the same mistakes that I keep hearing about ... love to see Ishwar tarred and feathered and shipped back to India
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   AUTOLIST ARE SCAMMERS 0 Votes
we got a 2006 jeep liberty..they told us it costs just over $16, 000.00..but there actually making us pay over $76, 000.00..they are big time thieves. they didnt tell us its going to cost us $76, 000.00 until after we signed the lease. i would Never get a vehicle from this place ever again... we would really like to give this jeep back because they over charged us. the interest rate is 29%. i told so many people not to go there and i keep reminding them..they told us after 2 years they can lower our payments so i phoned them after 2 years and they told us they never said that and that they cant do that. my husband was there when we signed all the paper work and when she told us that they will lower our payments...they are big bullshitters. they made me lease for 8 years i cant believe that shit..I hope nobody deals with them anymore, because there rip offs!..my email is cheripoo06@hotmail.com AUTOLIST of CANADA ARE SCAMMERS...
 13th of Oct, 2013 by   Jay9 -1 Votes
I got lucky. I went to Autolist to test drive a car I was interested in. My first clue that they don't car about their customers is that they made me wait almost 2 hours for a salesperson. The receptionist told me all salespeople were in a meeting. Finally. when I got the keys for the car, I drove it about 4 blocks away from the lot and it died at a traffic light. I walked back to Autolist and gave them the keys, and told them where the car was. The salesperson asked me to come back and test drive the car again once it was fixed. I declined, not impressed with this overall experience. I would never go back there again. I tell everyone I know not to buy there.
 16th of Nov, 2013 by   Takedown Autolist 0 Votes
Short of the story, in 2009 I went to Autolist in search for a used vehicle, reasonably priced that I could PURCHASE not lease. 5 hrs of high pressure sales tactics and negotiations led me to signing a pile of documents with the sales person verbally confirming it was not a lease and if I wanted to pay off prior to end of term there would be a fee of $1699. The interest rate was high, set at 25% per annum over 4 yrs. ridiculous ... I know but my intent was to pay off within the year.

9mths into contract I did ask for buy out amount as I wanted to pay this off. It took them a couple of months to provide me with an amount which was more than double the negotiated price of the vehicle. I chose to take to term which brings us to today's court decision.

If you have signed the below you may have a case...
The paperwork that i signed in 2009 were as follows:
A). SALES AGREEMENT with AutoList of Canada
B). LEASE AGREEMENT on a Quick Auto Lease contract detailing AutoList as supplier, NO interest rate documented
C) ADDENDUM TO LEASE AGREEMENT documenting interest rate and other fine print conditions

I took my lease/purchase to term ( May 2013). Prior to the end of term date I requested a "buy out " amount to see if I was on schedule. AutoList responded indicating I owed an additional $6000. Saying I had missed/late payment charges, interest incurred, the early termination fee, the residual value amount and taxes which all totalled this amount. Naturally, I believed this was outrageous as the negotiated cost of the vehicle was $6500 in 2009 and I had made bi-weekly payments of $172 for 4 yrs. (actually increased those payments to $200 in 2011 because they cited that I was in arrears). Nonetheless, I asked for further documentation from them to support their amount requested. I made my last scedulwd payment and then provided no further monies as they had still not provided me with the documents i requested. They did eventually send me an email that showed an amount that differed, then I received a registered letter advising me if a Small Claims hearing filed by QUICK AUTO LEASE

I attended the hearing and the claim was DISMISSED by the hearing officer on September 16, 2013 based on the fact that I DID NOT enter into any lease agreement with the claimant, QUICK AUTO LEASE that the documentation supported that the agreement was with AUTOLIST

Of course, AutoList was out for blood and filed an appeal

*** Please reference CI 13-01-85906 cited as 2013MBQB 275

The Appeal filed by Quick Auto Lease Inc was further DISMISSED on November 15, 2013

The Honourable Justice a 14 page written ruling with Analysis supporting decision rendered

Key points:
- the 3 documents (listed above)that were signed are NOT transparent as per The Consumer Protection Act, C.C.S.M, c. C200. A number of things MUST be disclosed to purchasers or lessees of goods so that the purchaser or lessee knows the nature of the transaction, understands what they are paying for and knows the nature of any interest charges and fees. The DIFFICULTY with my case is that it is Impossible from the documents signed by the parties to determine the nature of the transaction It appears that I have both Leased and Purchased the vehicle

- having me purchase extended warranty for $3000 on a car they considered a lease was considered as "odd"
- lease documentation fee of $859 " no explanation was provided as to what this fee was for but it is impossible to imagine what documentation related to the sale of this car could add this excessive expense to the sale. Together with the lease registration fee if $99, it adds 15% to the cost of the car. Add to those fees, the late payment fee of $60, which is payable whether a payment is one day or one month late, and the true cost of borrowing appears to be WELL over 25%

- all fees that they attempted to charge at the end of the contract, early termination, residual value where Not justified and the interest rate is believed to be EXCESSIVE

- there are 2 clauses in the signed Addendum that were of concern...

First point on form states "failure to relinquish possession upon expiry of lease constitutes theft and I/we understand and and agree charges of theft may be brought against me/us"

Threatening theft charges when possession of the car at the end of the lease maybe disputed is further evidence of questionable methods of this dealer

Second clause of concern states that I (purchaser) agree to waive the benefit of any provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA)

This may be the BEST point as Section 96 of the CPA makes any agreement which limits the benefits or remedies under the Act VOID!!!

Lastly, reference was made to section 2 of The Unconscionable Transactions Relief Act,

Even if the lease document signed by myself is a valid lease, the Justice found the cost of borrowing excessive and the terms of the lease unconscionable

So, , , if you have signed any of the 3 documents listed above under the impression that you were Purchasing a vehicle from Autolist then it is well worth looking closer as today I was yet again freed from paying an additional $6000
 17th of Nov, 2013 by   Ally19900 -1 Votes
My husband and I got a car from there when I was about 6 months pregnant and they knew where young and our car was breaking down so the gave us a to test drive a 2006 Pontiac G6 when we signed the lease they told us the final price with the interest was going to be 36, 000 which was a bunch of bs and that time we could get out of it cause we signed the papers the car was only worth maybe 8, 000 so maybe a year later asked them to lower the payments cause we are bearly making our bills and baby stuff and etc the owner was a complete ass he didn't even care and he said that is not my fault and yet the owner is driving a sports car. So my question to anyone cause I have heard of cases how do u get out of there lease and warning to anyone do not go to the autolist of Canada they don't even let you the price of car until u talk to the manager the pray on people who are vaunderable. Email me if u know how to get out of the lease ana.bain@hotmail.ca

Flight Risk