logo

2. (39 mins ago)
Employment
FALSE ADVERTISING
3. (50 mins ago)
Thian boon jie design and contractor
Full of lies
4. (54 mins ago)
SapphireMembers.com
Bad experience
5. (54 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

AURA VIE

Posted: 2011-08-18 by    THE PROTECTOR

FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING

AURA VIE MIRACLE FACE
LIKE THE OTHERS WHO HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS ON THIS SITE ABOUT THIS COMPANY, I, TOO, WAS SUBJECTED TO VERBAL HARRASSMENT, THREATS, INTIMIDATION, ETC. IF I DISPUTED THE CHARGE WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. THEY ACTUALLY PLAY BACK THE PHONE CALLS THEY RECORD "FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY". CLEARLY ON MY RECORDING, I ASKED WHERE WERE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THEIR PRODUCTS (TRIAL OFFER) IN CONJUNCTION WITH NEU SCIENCE, AS THIS WAS THE WAY THE PRODUCTS WERE ADVERTIZED. (MIRACLE RESULTS). NO RESPONSE, NOR AN OFFER TO SEND THOSE INSTRUCTIONS. THIS COMPANY "DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH" AND I WILL PROCEED ACCORDINGLY. I ALSO REQUESTED WHAT BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU THEY WERE IN GOOD STANDING WITH, SINCE SUPERVISOR MADE IT A POINT TO STATE THAT, BUT WOULD NOT TELL ME. NEU SCIENCE WAS GREAT, HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THEM WHEN I RETURNED THE TRIAL OFFER.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2012 by   eyesopen 0 Votes
CAUTION***BEWARE: AuraVie offered a "Risk Free Trial" sample of their skin care product. There is nothing written on either the email order confirmation or the email shipment notification about any future credit card charges. We discovered one credit card charge of $97.88 about 2 weeks after the initial shipping charges, and another $97.88 charge a month after that. When I called AuraVie they were unwilling to give me a complete refund even though I offered to pay all shipping costs. One AuraVie supervisor actually called another AuraVie rep an "idiot". He also wanted me to send him an email stating that I have not and would not file a dispute with my bank. He stated that he would not give me a Return Authorization number until he received the email. He also stated that the Terms and Conditions next to the box where you enter your credit card information have not been altered. I have proof that they charged me a different amount than is now listed in the current statement. They also charged an additional fee for "11 Free Top Selling LifeStyle eBooks", "eBooks Processing Fee". I, TOO, WAS SUBJECTED TO VERBAL HARRASSMENT, THREATS, INTIMIDATION, ETC. IF I DISPUTED THE CHARGE WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY.
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   eyesopen 0 Votes
AuraVie Skincare aka, Bunzai Media Group, Inc. I have a dispute with this company as well. You can call the Better Business Bureau in Colton, CA at 909-825-7280, or file a complaint using this link: http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/name/auravie/92324/ There have been 93 complaints filed in the last 3 years; 87 of these complaints have resulted in the consumer’s complaint being “answered and satisfied” (which may mean if you file a complaint they are more willing to refund your money).There have also been 766 inquiries of which only a handful (single digits) have been satisfied. A BBB employee told me they are aware of a pattern developing. They need more complaints filed in order to downgrade the company’s rating. You can also file a complaint verbally via phone (takes about 5 minutes) with the FTC at 877-382-4357. I have also called my State Attorney General’s Office and they directed me to a website to download a complaint form. The BBB also suggested that I post a review at www.trustlink.com.
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   SharonLyttle 0 Votes
AURAVIE IS A TOTAL RIPOFF, I REQUESTED THEIR ADVERTISED FREE SAMPLE KIT WHICH I ASSUMED WAS WHAT I RECEIVED THEN I SEE A CHARGE FOR $97.88 ON MY CREDIT CARD, THEY REFUSE TO REMOVE THE CHARGE AND I HAVE FILED A FRAUDULENT CHARGE COMPLAINT WITH MY CREDIT CARD AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THIS CHARGE IS REMOVED, I SUGGEST EVERYONE ELSE DO THE SAME TO POSSIBLY HELP STOP COMPANIES SUCH AS THIS FROM SELLING CRAP AND FRAUDULENTLY CHARGING TO YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT. DO NO PURCHASE AURAVIE, IT IS A RIPPOFF AND DOES NOT WORK.
 15th of Oct, 2013 by   Mary Cathryn 0 Votes
I also have a problem with AuraVie Skin care sending me a "free sample" and then charging my account $97.88 ten days later and listing their account with the bank as a "recurring" account. I also checked the fine print when I ordered the 10 day free trial and did not see anything about future bills on the website from which I ordered the merchandise or on the materials sent with the products. The representative with whom I spoke tried very hard to persuade me to accept a $40 refund on the merchandise which isn't worth the $50.88 Aura Vie is keeping. I did not approve their charging my account further charges. This is money that as a retiree I do not have. I would like to help others avoid incurring these unexpected expenses.
 16th of Oct, 2013 by   tacernarie 0 Votes
I too have fallen victim to the Auravie scam. When I received my 'free trial', I found it odd that nowhere in the box was a form or contact info for Auravie for me to purchase the products if I liked the trial. When I went online to find out more info, I saw LOADS and LOADS of complaints from people who stated they were misled and that they were eventually charged $97.88 without their knowledge or authorization. I immediately called them and spoke with a customer service rep named 'Dre' who stated that I MUST pay to send the products back or pay the $97.88 and because they were having a special offer, I could purchase the products for a discount if I so desired. The discount was for around $50-$60, making the 'trial' cost around $30-$40 instead of the $97.88. Very puzzling. Something smelled like SCAM to me here. I told him that I already paid s/h for the trial, that nowhere on their pages did it state what he was now telling me and that I refused to do what he was demanding I do. I even directed him to one of their pages where it asked for all of the contact info and then on the subsequent page, the billing info and showed him that nowhere did it state that the trial was for 10 days, after the trial you would be charged $97.88 if you didn't send the products back, etc. He acknowledged that nowhere was that information posted but stated I was STILL obligated to do as he demanded. I again refused. I have now stopped all activity on the card that I used to purchase the free trial (which the $2.95 was split into 2 charges. One was for $1.02 under one name and the additional $1.93 was listed on another name on my statement. Also, the contact info for each of those charges was different.) Odd. Very odd. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB and would have also filed a complaint with the FTC but they are closed due to the government shutdown. I will file a complaint with them once the government re-opens. But I would like people to be aware of this company, hopefully the BBB will take action and people who were scammed will not be pursued for any monies this disreputable company is scamming them for. Just as a side note, if you visit auravie.com, auraviebeauty.com etc., you will see the prices of their s/h for the trials as well as the cost of the products vary WIDELY. Their shipping charges vary by $5 depending on which site you happen to be on and their prices vary over $100 depending on what page you happen to be on. BEWARE! They are scamming honest people and are blatantly lying about their charges and practices! File a report with the BBB and get the word out so no others are scammed!
 31st of Dec, 2013 by   Libe 0 Votes
Beware this company is a scam.
 4th of Feb, 2014 by   BeataO 0 Votes
The company is misleading customers. I was charged $97.88 for a "free trial" without any earlier notice. The company refuse to give me my money back.
AuraVie offered a "Risk Free Trial" sample of their skin care product. I was supposed to pay only for shipping ($4.9 that they were supposed to charge to my debit card) When I received my 'free trial', I found it odd that nowhere in the box was a form or contact info for AuraVie for me to purchase the products if I liked the trial. After two weeks I discovered debit card transaction of $97.88 (2/4/2014). I called my bank to see who is charging me $97.88 and for what. The bank rep gave me a phone nmber to AuraVie. When I called AuraVie they were unwilling to give me a complete refund. The Aura Vie rep stated that I must pay the $97.88 because it's after 10 day trial. I told her that I already paid $3.03 and $1.93 on 01/21/2014 (by the way I do not know why they split the payment) for the trial and that nowhere on their pages did it state that there will be any additional charges for this trial. The rep told me that the Terms and Conditions on their web was stating that if I don't call them within 10 day and ship the product back within this 10 days it is understood that I agree to be charged $97.88 every month for their products. When I tried to say that I haven't seen any of that information and that this charge is a total surprise for me the rep said I should have been reading all terms and conditions and even though this information wasn't obvious and easily available for the potential customer she still can't do anything about it. After I said that the way they are doing business is unethical and that I will contact BBB the rep was trying to convince me that I could purchase the products for a discount or they can lower the price if I agree to stay with the company. Since I was insisting on closing whatever account they created for me they said they have to charge me for the "free trial" because it's after 10 days and I've already opened the product so they can't refund me my $97.88. I closed my account with them on 2/4/2014. When I went online to find out more info, I saw LOADS and LOADS of complaints from people who stated they were misled and that they were eventually charged $97.88 without their knowledge or authorization just like me. Somebody should stop this.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   Jmbf 0 Votes
I am also have trouble getting my money back for the original "free" trial product. The fine print did not include the bit about having signed up for recurring shipments or that I would be charged after 10 days. To their credit they did refund part of my second billing minus a restocking fee. What is happening now is that no one seems to answer the phone when I call. I don't have the time or money to hang on the line for someone to get around to answering it. I am disputing it with my bank, although I don't know if too much time has passed since the original charge appeared.
 6th of Aug, 2014 by   NancyAnn62 0 Votes
Omg! I am having the same problem! Did anyone get a refund as of yet? I am so angry!
 6th of Aug, 2014 by   NancyAnn62 0 Votes
They flat refuse to give me any kind of refund. Stating that if i had went to the terms and conditions i would have found that i was going to be charged. I have never spoken with such bad employee's down to the supervisor. I hope someone can get something done. I plan on filing complaints as well.

New Identity Theft Rule to Protect Consumers