logo

Posted:    Joe Wallace

internet service/email

att
Illinois
Have you ever called the AT&T internet “support” line for troubleshooting? I recently had the experience of helping a friend with his high speed internet problem, i.e. teaching him how to use his att.net email. I could not log on to his email and I contacted AT&T support, first through the online chat. I was online with the technician for over one hour, and she eventually gave up and said I should call the helpline. I called the support helpline and was placed on hold for approximately ninety minutes. I then decided that I would visit the local AT&T retail outlet. They were busy selling a lot of telephones and someone referred me to their tech guy, and he was able to get online help within five minutes. Since the store did not have wi-fi, he said I would have to go home and continue the call from there. Of course, I did this and could not get “support.”

Later that evening I contacted them, I immediately got a human voice who said that they could correct the problem on the other end, and that by the end of the conversation, the problem would be completely fixed. She then requested that I pay a one-time $49.00 charge, at which time she would give me a ticket number that I would then be connected to an “AT&T Certified Technician.” After a one hour and fifteen minute wait the technician apologized profusely for the delay (during which time I repeatedly heard those pre-recorded messages about the convenience of their service, and how I could make an appointment). We spoke for ten minutes and he said that I had to be at my friend’s home with the modem and computer in front of me. I was getting disgusted and finally asked to make an appointment. His reaction muted and he placed me on hold for approximately five minutes. He then returned and said that a technician would call me the next morning between 10-11 a.m. I was there at 9:45 a.m. and waited until 12:20. My friend said that a tech called at 1:20 and again was sorry that we did not connect.

Have you ever heard of “service” where you pay and do all the waiting, and not get the results you are seeking? Have you ever made an appointment and wait for 2 1/2 hours and not get your callback? And have you spent $49.00 for the convenience of this service?

My friend signed up for att.net as his ISP with a one-year contract at $35.00 per month. A bargain, they say. I eventually created a gmail address for my friend, but he still can’t use his email until the “Support” comes through.

If you ever need an ISP, don’t even think about AT&T.
Comments United States Laptops / Notebooks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2012 by   Silver50 0 Votes
I changed services for my phone, my internet was suspended and now that I have finally (took 2 hours on the phone) to get into my Att account, all of my saved information is gone. ATT in its trashy wisdom erased some inportant information that I had saved in a folder on my e-mail account. Why did they not let me know the account would be wiped, the e-mail account closed and unable to retrieve any of this important information?????????????

I will never use this service again!!! As soon as the contract is finished I will be going to Verison with my wireless service also.
 31st of Jan, 2014 by   JODI69 0 Votes
I switched from cable one to At&t 3 months ago. I wanted a plan that stayed the same so when they said my bill would be 79$, and a 1 yr contract. Price would be the same and never go up(FLAT OUT LIE).. I was shocked when first bill came in 263.48. When I got someone on the phone, they promised next bill will be 79$.No on prepared me or ever mentioned that equipment, and service would be so much.ok..so next bill is 147$. Really pissed at them for not honoring the contract.tomorRow I will check on getting out of this contract.Has anyone one else had this problem??? Any suggestions out there!! TNKS

Mortgage Fraud and Addiction