logo

Speedpost Singapore
Terrible Delivery Services
2. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
NRGbinary
No responds to my withdrawal request
3. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
century link internet
extremely slow internet service
4. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
Zong Tower
Installation of tower without permission
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-12-08 by    Mokeygray

Lack of service

AT&T Wireless
Utah
Let start out saying this happen two months ago and I have finally clammed down enough to write about... I start my cell phone service with AT&T when I was in ILL. in 1990 and love them. I moved to UT in 1998 and kept AT&T and then Cingular and then AT&T again. So I have been with them over 21 years. So last year as a commissioned position I got behind a month or two on my bill. I have been paying my bill and extra ever since to get caught up. I went to make a payment and found out they had shut my service off. I called and asked why as I had made payments and on time with extra.. Was inform I need to bring my account up to date and that they will look at my history and possibly charge a security deposit for further service'. I was like what the *** I have been with you all for over 21 years with the same number for 12 years and I now am being treating like a new customer WTH!!! I told them I was planning on make payment and they stated no service till full balance and broken contract fees are pay, . I was like WTH!!! So I receive final bill charges for $100/.00 for a month of service I didn't receive and $300!.00 broken contract fee'. I called and stated that I was not going to pay for a month a service I didn't receive and not a broken contract fee as I was not the one who broke the contact;. They stated if I read the contract all fees apply;. So I tell you all never go with AT&T find some other company they DO NOT value as a customer nor do they care!!! This company is the biggest JOKE!!! They have sold my account to a collection agency and never told me that would happen nor did they ever send me a bill. The only one I have received was this week from the collection agency. So beware dealing with AT&T and don't expect any help as they really do not care!!!
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jun, 2011 by   CanYouHearMeNow 0 Votes
I have been a AT&T wireless customer for over 10 years. About a year ago, cell service at our home decreased sharply. I called AT&T and was told they would submit a ticket and an engineer would check it out. Several months later things had gotten worse instead of better. I called back, and was told the same thing as the first call, but then she suggested I purchase a MicroCell. I explained that me spending $200 for a problem with their service was not an option (why should I pay to fix their problem? I already pay 250/month for a service I'm not getting). Several more months of degreading service pass, and now it's to the point I cannot make or recieve calls or texts at home...if I am able to get a call out, it is dropped within 2 min.

When a friend was visiting my home he tried to make a call on his AT&T cell phone...I laughed. When he couldn't get a signal either, he was amazed as he only lives a half mile away and gets great signal. He then told me about the microcell, and how he had recieved a letter stating he could get a free one. We walked to his house and he showed me the letter that said "As a valued customer we are extending this offer to you". This prompted me to call AT&T again. Once again they said they would submit a trouble ticket. I mentioned they had done that several times in the past with no results. This is when things got really wierd. The rep then offered me "free mobile to non-ATT mobile" service. Really? I don't have a problem with my plan I explained, my problem is we can't use our phones at home...how does this solve my issue? I politely declined and mentioned the letter my friend had recieved. I was placed on hold for 20 minutes, when the rep returned, she informed me that I was not eligable for that program, but she would sell me one for $200. What a slap in the face. To me, that was AT&T saying that after 10 years of loyalty if was not a valued customer.

Last night we signed up with Verizon and will drop AT&T as soon as we get one of the phones to our son in college on the east coast and can port the numbers later this week. It is going to cost me 450 bucks to buy out of my contracts. I have a hard time paying that since I feel they violated the contract by no longer providing me a service I was paying for, but I'm sure that will get me no where...and I'll end up paying it anyway. But at this point it will be well worth it to actually be able to use my phone in my home.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   luisiscool 0 Votes