AT&T/VESTA

Posted:

Charges

AT&T/VESTA GO PHONE
Michigan
Going to make this short. We got a GO PHONE from Wal-Mart for our son to use just in case, The throw away type. Got home with it & after jumping thru the numerouse hoops to get it to work...We discoverd that it gets no service where we live. Cancled it out. Was to get a refund...Never did Called a few more times to get it cancled never happend. Still being charged $43.46 per month & sometime I see it get charged to my account two times per month.
Called thier wonderful number 1-866-608-3007 just to have the automated answering service hang up on me. Credit unoin tells me I can do a stop payment but it would have to be on a month to month bases. So $26.00 per month to do the stop payment & it would have to be done each month in order for it to work. So now we have approxemently $300.00 wraped up in the thing & tried to use it once but it never trully worked. Left a message on the answering service but no one has called us back as of yet. I personally think that this is a scam with AT&T/VESTA & GO PHONE. Looks like a nother letter off to the BBB for our area.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

15th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
they charged my acct 20 times in one month (jan.'09)& i have proof that i only charged 7 times for that one month.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Vesta began making unauthorized deductions from my checking account after I mailed one of my own checks to pay my cousin's AT&T bill. Apparently they took the info from my check. Not sure what they were billing for either since I do not have an AT&T phone and the billl I was paying was a year old balance on a phone no longer in use. They did 2 deductions after my initial check, both in the same bank statement period so I didn't notice after the first one. I went right to my bank and signed an affidavit stating that I did not authorize the ACH deductions. They said I should have my money back in 2-3 days.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email ecustomersupport@trustvesta.com
or call toll free 888-440-9956. A representative will be glad to assist you.
 20th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
I found the same Vesta charge on my account for $35.00...I don't know these People, nor did I ask for their services. I called my Bank and had them issue me a new card. Next month they, (Vesta), can't charge me again. When I purchase my next monthly Go Phone minutes I will use cash ONLY...They will never get my account again...captphrank
P.S.My Bank returned the $35.00