logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
global migrate uk
waste of money to hire visa consultant from global migrate
2. (10 mins ago)
Oscar Mayer
Fully Cooked Bacon
3. (13 mins ago)
TruTech T600-D DVD player
Broken at 7 months!
4. (15 mins ago)
Foopets.com
Joining this site will result in disappointment and frustration
5. (32 mins ago)

ATT Uverse
10653 S Emerald
Phone: 9137823021
att.com
I am writing to let you know about my experience in ordering and having AT&T Uverse installed at my residence. Please read below, I give details regarding my experience, my horrible experience.

Sales person, LaDonna (do not know last name) came by our house, sold us on the idea. I spoke with her and requested pricing on a certain package. I left several messages and never received a call back. In total I tried to call her five time, without ever getting a response. This should have been a sign of what I could expect from AT&T Uverse.

On November 18th I ordered Uverse online at 11 pm. The first available installation date that was given to me online was December 26th, which was unacceptable. LaDonna told me installation would take less than one week. On November 19th I called the Uverse customer service phone number and got the installation date moved to December 1st, from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.

On December 1st, no one showed up! I called the customer service number and spoke to Fletch (no rep ID was given). I was on the phone for one hour. He was going to call dispatch on his own and call me to connect to dispatch due to the long wait times, but I never received a call back.

I then spoke with Josh (rep ID have it written down at home) at 4pm for one hour. He spoke with dispatch directly and scheduled us for the next day at 8:00 am – 10:00 am on December 2nd.

On December 2nd, an AT&T truck showed up, but it was not an Uverse installer.

We then spoke with Drena (Rep ID W2AP). She rescheduled us for later on December 2nd, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. NO ONE SHOWED UP or called to let us know that they were not coming! I even spoke to Drena at 5:00 pm and she still thought they were coming.

Please keep in mind that my wife has taken December 1st and 2nd off work to be available for your company to install your product at our home. Both were unpaid days off work and we had already canceled our Dish Network account. At this point she has already called me twice in tears.

Next we rescheduled for December 4th, 8:00 am – 10:00 am since my wife could not miss a third straight day of work.

Guess what? No one shoed AGAIN!

This was now four appointments that your installers have missed. If I was not so emotionally and physically invested in this whole thing you would not be getting my business. I still expect more compensation than I have received.

On December 4th at 11:00 am I spoke with Robert (Rep ID A7RN). He looked at the dispatch log and saw that we were never scheduled on the 4th from 8:00 am – 10:00 am as we were told. Instead we had been scheduled for 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. My wife could have worked a half day if the stupid reps could tell us the actual time the installer was scheduled to come.

We need to be compensated more than we have and I better hear back from someone in response to this letter. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced or even heard of. What a joke! This has been unbelievable! I have more details if they are needed.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Apr, 2009 by   Suzanne +1 Votes
I just a horrible experience too. Amazing how they don't even consider that some of us actually have to work and take time off. I have to say it's the worst customer service I have ever received. I canceled my order immediately, and signed up again with my previous providers who were super glad to have me back:)
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   fxxk u-verce +1 Votes
i got same happened since last monday(06/01/2009). so i just canceled service.
if someone wants to get u-verse service, please do not!!!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Uverse HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE 0 Votes
I called on May 25th, 2010 to add a line to my cell plan because our home phone was getting too expensive. I was told that they would add another line to my cell plan and transfer our current home number to that cell line. I was also asked if they could upgrade my internet service since we will not have a land line anymore. I told the gentleman that placed my order that I MUST not be without internet because my work requires me to have access to the internet at all times. He then told me that I should have my new phone and box for our internet within 2-3 days. This order was placed on Tuesday, so on Friday when I got home from work I called to check on my equipment because I hadn't received it yet. The lady I talked to said that the order was shipped out the day after it was ordered, so I should have it any day. She sent me an order confirmation number and told me to wait. A week later I still didn't have it, so I called back and I was told that my order was cancelled the day after it was entered because the person that placed the order entered my address wrong. Obviously they have my address because I get a bill every month. Too bad that doesn't get cancelled.

On Sunday, June 6, we finally got our equipment in the mail and activated the new cell phone. When I got home from work on June 7, I had no internet access. I made my first phone call at 5:45 p.m. and was told that when our home phone number was switched over to the cell line, the number associated with my account would have to be reassigned and this is going to take 3-5 days. So much for not being without internet. This is the ONE THING I did not want to happen. I was then told that it was my problem that the new number wasn't assigned to my account and I should have checked up on it before activating the equipment to make sure all was working. Isn't this THEIR job? I was told that I could go to McDonalds or Starbucks to use the internet there which is 45 minutes away. This is GREAT customer service. This guy should be FIRED!

I called at 9:30 Sunday, June 20th and we did diagnostic tests for about an hour. Then I was told that they needed to send a repair guy to the house to check our equipment. The person that I was talking to said that he would call me back in a couple of hours to let me know when the repair guy would be there. He said that they would be there between 5:00 and 9:00 Sunday evening and that he would call me to let me know approximately when they would be there because it was fathers day and we were getting ready to leave the house. I never got the call from the person that I was talking to, so we came home early at 5:00 but no one ever showed up. I called back at lunch time on Monday June 21st and was told that someone in the repair facility would give me a call back in a bit to make the appointment to fix the problem. They didn't call me back until 10:30 that evening. We get up at 4:00 a.m., so I told them that I would call them back on Tuesday. When I called on Tuesday, I scheduled the appointment from 4:00 to 7:00. My son called me at 3:00 to tell me that the repair guy was at the house to fix the internet. He told me that he had to move some wires around and reset the box on the outside of the house and all should work now. When I got home, I called back to get help setting up the internet again. The lady walked me through the process and after being on the phone for an hour, she said the last step would take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to complete, so I could go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, everything will be working fine. I got up at 4:00 Wednesday morning to print off my emails that I needed for work that day and I still have no internet. I called June 23rd at 7:20 p.m. and got off of the phone at 10:15 p.m. After being on the phone for that long, I'm now being told that they have to send another repair/tech guy down Thursday to fix the problem. My work is already very upset with me since my one job requirement is to have internet and I've been without for the last 3 weeks, but now I have to take off work early to have this problem fixed.

Thursday, June 24 the repair guy came to the house and since he could get on the internet with his laptop, he didn't know why I couldn't, so he left. I called AT&T back at 4:00 today and just got off of the phone and it is 8:12 p.m. After I got off of the phone I un-installed all of our AT&T stuff and re-installed it. It works now. I don't know why all 15 of the dumb a$$es that I've been talking to over the last 3 weeks couldn't figure it out. Complete IDIOTS!

So, to make matters worse, I received a bill for this month too. I called customer service and I was told that I would not have to pay that bill, but this is all they could do. Hell, they should be paying ME - I'm the one that figured this crap out!

This whole process has been an absolute nightmare. I think the part that upsets me more than anything is the fact that when I call, I feel like all these people do is listen to people that call in to complain about something. I haven't called in about hardly anything in the last 13 years, and when I do have a problem, nobody seems to care. Since this has been a problem on AT&T's end from the very first phone call I placed for this service, so how in the world can any of this be my fault? I didn't do anything to deserve to be treated this way or to deserve all of these problems, but nobody seems to care or want to help fix what they screwed up. I feel like I've asked all of the right questions and did a heck of alot more than I should have, but still am getting the bad end of the deal. I made it very clear that I couldn't go one day without internet and nobody did anything about it to prevent this from happening. If this wasn't the only high speed internet available in my area, I'd tell them to cram the whole damn works where the sun doesn't shine... This was a horrible experience and I almost lost my job of 9 years because of it. THESE PEOPLE DON"T KNOW HOW TO FIX ANYTHING, AND EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH THEY MESS UP EVEN MORE! Don't make the same mistake I did...GO TO SOMEONE ELSE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   joana214 0 Votes
We had the same experience with the installation process. The first time, they came during the wrong time frame. Then, they called my phone, when they were supposed to call my husband's phone, since he was the one taking off work. Then we rescheduled and my husband ended up taking off work twice, to wait for them and they never showed. The installer finally showed "after" the time slot they had quoted us on a Friday evening. He was at our house from 3:30 till almost 8:30 and didn't get anything installed. Worst of all, he didn't even tell us he was having issues. As he was getting ready to leave, he said someone would be out to fix the ground wires, and after that we would have to reschedule for the installation. My husband and I were fuming! There was no way we were going to reschedule AGAIN, since they never showed up the first two times like they were supposed to. The next day, I got on the phone and told them I needed someone to come and fix the ground wire and install THAT DAY! I called twice from 9-11, to confirm that someone was coming out to install. They said someone would be out between 1 and 3. At 2:45, no one had showed. I called again to see what had happened, and they said they did not have me on the schedule, and that I would have to reschedule for another day. I had waisted all my Saturday morning and afternoon waiting for them, and they wanted me to reschedule? No Way! My husband spent another hour on the phone with them, and finally told them we did not want their service and were going with someone else. At 6:30, they finally sent someone to our home to do the install. Now that I have U-verse, I'm so annoyed with it. Movies on demand won't play and my remote for my other TV already does not work. The credit they are applying to my account does not justify the time my husband took off work or the inconvenience the service has cost us. I'm dissapointed with this service, and the installation process has left a bad taste in my mouth
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   Giggle13 0 Votes
PLEASE, ANYONE WHO IS GETTING SERVICE FRON ATT FOR U-VERSE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR OUTSIDE INSTALLATION. THE TECHNITION INSTALLED THE CABLE WIRE UNDER MY ELECTRICAL WIRE SO THAT THEY ARE RUBBING AGAINST EACH OTHER. MY BROTHER POINTED IT OUT TO ME, ASKING WHO WAS THE IDIOT THAT INSTALLED THE WIRE THAT WAY, AND THAT THEY SHOULD NEVER BE TOUCHING.. WHEN I CALLED ATT TO GET IT FIXED, THEY SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. DON'T GO WITH U-VERSE, THEY ARE A RIP OFF.
 18th of Apr, 2014 by   INGRID HANCE 0 Votes
I CALL ATT AND I MADE A APP FOR INTERNET, MY APP. WAS FOR 9-10, I WAIT UNTILL 1:00PM AND I DECIDE TO CALL THEN. NOW THEY SAID MY SERVICE WILL BE AVALIABLE FOR ONE MONTH FROM THE DAY THAT A MADE MY APP. I SPENT A DAY OF MY JOB WAITING IN MY HOME AND THEY GIVE ME A APP. THAT NEVER SHOW, NO CALL. NO RECOMENT ATT.

5 Tips - How To Sell Your Home in a Buyers Market