logo

AT&T Uverse Contacts & Informations

AT&T Uverse

Posted:    MEK33

AT&T Uverse
I've just concluded a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T trying to get Uverse installed in my home. I signed up with them on Sept 16th because of the good deal they were offering. When I signed up, the first available date I could get for an install was October 20th. I figured the wait would be worth it since I would be saving money and getting a cash rebate from them. The tech showed up to do the install today, but there was a problem with the signal coming to the line outside our house. So the first tech left and called in another kind of tech to address the signal issue. When that tech fixed the problem, I was told to call AT&T to reschedule my install.

When I called back, I really got the runaround. I was put on hold several times, being forced to listen to some horrible, tinny-sounding, too loud hold music. After about 20 minutes, when we finally got things straightened out with canceling my phone number transfer, the woman told me the first available date to reschedule the install was November 9th - 3 weeks from now. She was unable to get me an earlier date, even when I told her I would cancel if she couldn't. She also told me that there was no one else in her department that I could talk to about this. So I told her I wanted to cancel.

After more time on hold, I was connected to the cancellation department. No one there could help expedite the install date either. All they would have had to do was give me an install date in the next week or so and I would have been happy, but NO ONE could help me with that. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service - I'd NEVER try it now.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008 by   egarza78634 0 Votes
I was transferring servie from round rock to austin so they had to do a disconnect-new service. It was supposed be uninterrupted.
I did not have a phone for 28 days. and still in the mornings, not phone, internet, and cable do not work. a tech has been to the house 3 times. the CSR's kept telling me the service " looked" ready to go.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Kathleen A. Brunetto 0 Votes
I currently have no phone service I, have checked all the outlets, also switched out cordless with land connection, I have been with out service since early morning I need assistance immediatly

Sincerely

Kathy Brunetto
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   jdavidins 0 Votes
For three months I have tried to get AT&T to give me a bundled price for their Uverse services. They kept telling me it wasn't available in my neighborhood despite the fact that several neighbors, including my next-door-neighbor, who shares the same phone/cable hook-up that goes to my house has Uverse. Finally, they gave me a bundled price and said they would have to get back to me after they determined if I was able to hook-up to Uverse. They never called back.. I called them (for the 5th time) and after answering all their questions and pushing all the righ buttons (for the 5th time), I was finally told I could order Uverse services, but this time the quote was 20% higher than the quote of just one week earlier. Not only is AT&T's customer service horrible, but their prices are excessive when compared with their competitors. Stay away from AT&T, assuming you can even get service, you will be paying too much for it.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   JimDisgusted 0 Votes
Customer Service is the worst. I have not had service in a week and right now I've been on the phone for an hour...being bounced around.

I'm disgusted with them.
 8th of Oct, 2010 by   sheets2112 0 Votes
To whom it may concern:

The first week of August 2010 we entered into a service contract with AT&T when we went to a local office to change our cable, phone and internet
service. We were initially suppose to have service with on August 13, 2010. I took the day off to be here for the installer. The service couldn't be
installed due to the lack of a signal making it to our home from your AT&T
box. Installer stated that the company would have to come out and dig up the
neighbors yard due to the problem be located underground. This took
approximately 3 weeks. They then called to reschedule the installation for
September 17, 2010 which I took the day off again. At that time they came out again and still were unable to get a signal. We were told it could be hooked up with a different wiring option (4 pairs of wires). The installer was going to run it by his supervisor and we were to be called back. As of today October 5, 2010 we have never received a call. So we called again and were told today that AT&T cancelled our order and we were never informed of this. So we have been waiting the past 18 days for someone to contact us and through our own efforts find out the company cancelled our order. In the meantime we have been on a month to month with Time Warner cable and are paying $70 more a month because we are not in a price lock guarantee. We have not locked in with Time Warner due to being led to believe we would have service. We have neighbors who have AT&T so we know service must be available.

If I receive no communication from this email I will involve local media
and/or take legal action. The way this whole situation has been handled is
appalling. Order #107275770.

Sheets2112@gmail.com
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   bsetney 0 Votes
AGREE!!
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Angry@AT&T 0 Votes
Had At&T UVerse since 2007 and, initially, loved it. Customer service went downhill gradually. Last week, moved from old house to new house 15 minutes away and transferred AT&T service into a new house pre-wired with CATV from AT&T. Ordered shutdown of old service on 3.4.2011 and start of new service on 3.5.2011 during phone call of 2.21.2011. Guy never came to the new house on 3.5.2011; just blew us off until dispatched by a supervisor. Another guy had to come out in the evening. Stayed late and said the 'box' was bad and had to continue Monday. No phone call, email, etc from AT&T on Monday, 3.7.2011. After a lot screaming at AT&T on 3.7.2011, box was finally connected on 3.8.2011. On 3.9.2011, called billing office (Rhonda) to cancel old service (still not done) and AT&T disconnected the new house about five minutes later. Called and spoke with Jamie who promised us a live person and promptly transferred us to a line that said it was 'sorry' about the office being closed before disconnecting our call. Spoke with a supervisor (Vincent) on 3.9.2011, very late, who promised to get us going on 3.10.2011. On 3.10.2011, Vincent never called back. On 3.10.2011, I called Billing office and requested a supervisor; was passed from Albert to Joshua to Dwight. Dwight advised all managers in a meeting. I asked if AT&T would rather keep a customer or have a meeting. Dwight said there was nothing he could do. Transferred to 'Disconnect' office and spoke with Ms. Cortez. She couldn't promise 'turn on' of system today, 3.10.2011 and three months free service (my wife and I spent a total of 17 hours on the phone or in-person with AT&T trying to get this resolved since 3.5.2011). Told her to turn it off. Old house was just disconnected today, 3.10.2011, five days after it was supposed to be off. Told Ms. Cortez to send me a box or a tech to pick-up their equipment because AT&T wasn't getting another minute of my time to take their stuff to the UPS store. After some haranguing, she agreed to send marked boxes but explained this is usually only reserved for the elderly and/or disabled. Don't care, AT&T doesn't get anything else from me other than bad internet publicity. I'm going to post this on a few different places.
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   Melvin S. 0 Votes
For almost three weeks now, we have had no phone because they keep dropping the ball on getting our former provider to release the number. On our first bill, they charged us for installation, which was supposed to be included. And we can't use HD On Demand because they've had ongoing issues with it. To top it all off, they had to send techs out three days in a row to fix a modem problem.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   sammykoh 0 Votes
I called attuverse customer care about $100 reward that a manager of att center at Roland Height, CA, had promised me when he asked me to switch from DSL att to Uverse internet. After this customer rep. checked out everything that I told her she had to consult with her supervisor and told me that she will email me about their decision. She never contacted me back.
My acct # is 105135349 and I called on 4/6/11. I have been a value customer for many years and was planning to get additional services but with this negative experience I will have to think about it. I hope the manager of customer care department will read this complaint and show me how will they take care of the customer.
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   PITAAT&T 0 Votes
AT&T is a nightmare! customer service is the worst ever. I was interested in their Internet Uverse. Before I even talked to anyone, except an inquiry, the equipment was on it's way!!! I wrote them twice before that and asked them to please let me have details of their service. I had ordered Dish, so they knew my address. I got a cancellation #, a return sticker plus started to get threatening letters for a "final bill" of $82.00 plus also threatening with a $150 equipment charge. Well, the tracking didn't work right off after I had sent the crap back. The # they gave me sent me to a running shoe site and there was no way of knowing if the equipment had gotten back there. When talking to them, with a nasty ass customer service rep she informed me so to speak "too bad". After approximately 20 hours of calls, 12 reps, 6 hang ups in just one session, wrong account #, I was promised over and over and over that it would be taken care of.

Right now, I'm still waiting to see if the last promises are going to be carried through and see if I get another bill. They've assured me that the balance shows -0-. I finally straightened out the tracking and sure enough, it had gotten back to them BEFORE I HAD EVEN TALKED TO THE FIRST NASTY ASS REP!!! NEVER AGAIN AT&T!!!

My AT&T wireless contract was up a couple of years ago and I've just been crusing along without a contract. So, guess what I just did??? I signed up with T-Mobile!!! I know, I know, they are suppose to merge, but T-Mobile has a better cust. service reputation and by the end of my 2 year contract, maybe they willl be merged and then I'll go somewhere else.

I will never ever deal with AT&T again. That company hires people, but doesn't train them at all. It's a company of morons...

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE...EVER...
 28th of May, 2012 by   oclady1208 0 Votes
It is now May 2012 and I just had AT&T U-verse installed. So far no problems, but I've only had it for 4 days. No phone service. Just internet and whole house DVR. I don't care much for the remote control. Too small with tiny buttons. Wish they had a bigger one. I do notice that when changing channels the sound jumbs up to an unbearable noise level. I'm going to have to go into the menus on the TV's and try to adjust that again. The Cox Cable tech might be right and I'll be returning to Cox like everyone else. But I have options and thought I'd give AT&T a try and save some money for 6 months. One never knows unless you try it.
 14th of Nov, 2012 by   Flyingfiveo 0 Votes
Ordered Internet and TV on 11/02/12, got confirmation email for install on 11/12/12 between 9 and 11 am. Never showed, called they gave some lame excuss they never got the order. Provided order number from 11/02/12. Told them to cancel order, begged me not to. Promised they would be there on 11/14/12 between 9am and 11 am, never showed. Called that they could be there by 1p.m.. Cancelled order tired of waiting and taking time off at $35 an hour.

5 Best Ways To Get Free Stuff