ATT Uverse

false advertising

AT&T mailer says "Four channels can be recorded to the DVR or viewed simultaneously, up to 2 can be HD" When investigating further I was told that only 1 HD channel can be recorded or watched at 1 time. Sticking with cox for now then. At least I know what I'm getting.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful?

19th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I received a letter from AT&T explaining how they had "Great News". I could upgrade to DSL Xtreme 6.0 for only $5 more per month.
Well, naturally I called right away, to upgrade my up to now great service! Guess what they told me??? The 6.0 service is NOT available in my area!!
Don't you think these idiots would check to see if the service was available BEFORE they spent millions on a mass mailing campaign promoting the upgrade availability?
I live within one mile radius of the downtown AT&T switching station, which means I should be able to get screaming fast internet, right??? '
Thats what I thought?? This is a clear case of FALSE ADVERTISING at its finest!

Anyone else out there frustrated with this problem??
 30th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Do not be fooled by ATT Uverse's online add for 89.00 a month and a $250.00 gift card as it is a scam! I ordered this and after it was installed was told my bill was 150.00 a month and I would get q $100.00 gift card. I called and spent two hours trying to get this resolved but was told what a great deal I was getting and basically to be happy! I ran employee and patient satisfaction for a major health care system for over 25 years and I know the value of a great happy customer! Their are a rip off and they have tripled their fees in the last 10 years more than any other public utility company! I will tell everyone I know and now I understand why everyone in my neighborhood is changing their service. When I think of the thousands of dollars I have paid them throughout my life and I get treated unprofessional by their retention team employee John I am furious. When I called as it told me I could not process the request on line he person I talked with keep promising me all these deals and then would come back and tell me oh sorry this is the best I can do. So no $250.00 gift card, no $89.00 a month bill it was all a scam. I am disabled and on a limited budget and yet I have never not paid a bill on time. I just looked on line and I can get a dish program for $39.00 a month. But John said you, won't get a free phone, well I never asked for the phone as I use my cell phone. I remember when it was one company just Pacific ?Bell and the government made them split as they felt they were a monopoly and could drive up prices. Well look at them now they even bought Dish TV. They have no respect for their long time customers! Shame on you ATT!

ATT Uverse Logo ATT Uverse