logo

FakeID
kenney is a big scam
2. (1 mins ago)
logfurnitureplace.com
Seller provided different table and only promised to return money
3. (12 mins ago)
monthlyyouth.com
They send only surveys, but not money
4. (25 mins ago)
LG Washing Machine
F***ing Service of Company
5. (34 mins ago)
Xhose Pro
I was looking forward to getting a replacement

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AT&T U-verse, Cordova, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Can't service certain consumers as advertised

AT&T U-verse Contacts & Informations

AT&T U-verse

Posted:    geno72254

Can't service certain consumers as advertised

AT&T
Cordova, Tennessee
Ads misleading. AT&T's tech staff and supervisor admit they cannot give me the service that neighbor 6 blocks away might get. Tech says that because of my “2700-ft. distance” from some sort of base station, that my “profile” will not let me watch HD on two sets at a time. DVR does not function as promised as a result. I did NOT have that problem with Comcast. Nothing in TV ads or online literature indicates that these problems are a possibility. My E-mail is not working correctly right now (can send OK but cannot receive consistently in MS Outlook. Already tried self-support tool to fix, after total of 7 hours on telephone with “Tier 2.” Tier 2 and mgmt. "escalation" not satisfactory. Was told this morning by both “Jay” at Tier 2 support and “Chris” on management escalation team that they “cannot guarantee consistent service” due to my distance from some sort of central hub, using terms like “loop length.” Tech says that because of my “2700-ft. distance” from some sort of base station, that my “profile” will not let me watch HD on two sets at a time. Actually, I cannot even watch 1 HD program and record another.

Will file complaint with TN Pub. Serv. Commission and local TV consumer channel (news release from AT&T on WMC-TV Memphis news program made me aware U-verse "available in my area.") If all services are not available to all consumers, then ads violate truth in advertising laws, and should be referred to state consumer advocates and FCC. This has been a truly horrible consumer experience, and I intend to do whatever I need to do to let other consumers in my area – and my friends in Nashville and other AT&T areas who are considering U-Verse – how poorly this has gone and how much stress it has caused in my household.
· Errors in placing initial order, due to vague Website info and failure of initial CSP to properly input order
· Totally unacceptable issues in migrating E-mail accounts – total of approx. 6 –7 hrs. on phone including Tier 2 trying to resolve. I make my entire living from a home-based business that requires my E-mail service be reliable. I already have the concern that I may have missed business e-mail in the last 3 days that may cost me hundreds of dollars.
· VOIP was not installed and next install date was not until 11/11. Lots of overly technical jargon and push-back from installer that if I was willing to have my home phone number changed it could happen now, but they could not port number till 11/11. Curiously enough when I escalated situation 9/17/09 was able to get date moved to next Tues. 9/22. That's now been moved to 9/23!
· U-Verse Website wasn’t able to neither “verify appointment status” nor show me any billing information. I had to go back to call center, navigate an undue number of menus just to get a live agent who could assist. I didn’t finally get anyone to address my global issues with the whole experience until I was provided with 866-915-6188. Local tech here again 9/17/09 and told me: had you called me locally, I could have gotten U300 active today.” I did try to call him – his cell # says, “Person you are calling has a voicemail box that hasn’t yet been set up.
· Lots of “finger pointing” from various CSR’s along the way blaming issues on the last person with AT&T I had spoken too. Tier 2 Mgmt. Escalation as recently as this morning actually blamed issues on my in-home tech!
· AT&T makes it almost impossible to escalate a situation to a real person with some authority to assist. I did not get anyone at all who was an actual consumer relation’s specialist vs. “billing” or “tech support” who could actually help, offer any financial concessions, etc. till 9/17/09.
I am truly shocked and disappointed in the quality of this experience with AT&T. I have been a telephone customer of BellSouth/AT&T in New Orleans and Memphis since 1973; they have had my Internet service since 2001 and DSL service since 2003. I chose U-Verse based on excellent reliability – for years – with the aforementioned services. I have had more problems in the last 3 days than I have had with any AT&T services – including Internet – in over 30 years. The only satisfactory resolution for me: give me no less service quality than any other consumer. Do not make technical excuses, because if it is true that you cannot provide what I signed up for, you have my solemn written promise that I will file complaints with every consumer agency from the city/state level to the FCC, and contact every TV consumer advocate reporter in Memphis, in the interest of letting potential U-Verse customers in Memphis know what I have gone through. No excuses. Just fix.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jan, 2010 by   serious? 0 Votes
i have uverse, and its not a contract, if they cant deliver what you are looking for why you still getting it? I have seen the ads, and they do have a disclaimer on it . it no way guarantees you the services but instead what it is capable of. If your distance is far away and if the tech sayhs it will cause problems why did you still go ahead and install it, and since you having so much issues, just disconnect it. I couldnt get dsl service from verizon since my house exceeded the distance. Did not cry about man, there are other options

Email Fraud