logo

Posted: 2013-04-23 by    Toodeemo

service/fees/cancellation

ATT
Connecticut
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AT&T. Here is why.

When I moved to a new location, the reception on my cell phone was unacceptable. If I was lucky, I was able to find a very small part of the house where the phone would work, and I would have to stay there to continue the call. Calls were going to voicemail without the phone ringing, or ending up in voicemail as long as a couple of days later. When I contacted AT&T about the problem, I asked them to waive the contract fee so I could get a carrier whose service works where I live. I was shocked at their response.

It seems that AT&T does not guaranty that the service you get from them will perform to standards. In fact, I was told that there was no guaranty that the service will work at all. She told me that service in the area works and that if it didn't work in my home, that was my problem. Not theirs. When I questioned her further, she refused to make an adjustment to the bill and basically told me that I had no right to expect service, and that if the service didn't work properly they would not waive the cancellation fees. My choice was to continue paying them until the contract was over and getting substandard and unacceptable service, or cancel the service and be billed and presumably sued for the cancellation fees. This is after over 10 years of customer loyalty. I chose to cancel the service.

I use Consumer Cellular now. The cost is about half as much for about twice the service. The reception is better. There is no contract. There are no surprises. There are no cancellation fees. And there are no bad attitudes to deal with.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and the company would not make an adjustment. I intend to bring this up to the highest level in AT&T and I will not pay the fee. When and if they try to sue, I'll deal with them then. In the meanwhile, I will do all I can to put everyone on notice that these phone, internet, and television companies are bending us all over with these ridiculous fees and contracts. And when one of them will not even stand behind their products, it's even worse. Call this a crusade for now. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of getting screwed by these people.

END OF RANT FOR NOW. TO BE CONTINUED.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2013 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
It is not the company's fault you chose to move where reception is poor and don't want to abide by the contract you signed.

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees