logo

CallReady.co.uk
Not recommended!
2. (4 mins ago)
jcappoc.com
My order is still in process and seller ignores me
3. (5 mins ago)
NY Biennale Art
Pietro Franesi
4. (50 mins ago)
Youth weekly Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
5. (55 mins ago)
Select Merchandising Services
Didn't pay me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AT&T, Saint Francisville, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - unfair business practices

AT&T Contacts & Informations

AT&T

Posted:    Sara Morgan

unfair business practices

AT&T
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
ning.com
I hope this post helps some unknowing victim from AT&T's all knowing power. I unfortunately have no recourse and I am now being forced to pay $1005.62 to AT&T for a business line that was never installed properly and never worked.

This happened because I ended up cancelling a business line because of the inferior and extremely frustrating experience I had trying to get them to fix what they had installed. To teach me a lesson, I can only assume, I was advised that I would still have to pay a termination charge and installation expenses because that was what the contract said and I signed it. The total for all that is $1005.62, which despite my repeated pleas with their organization, I have been told that no one there will reverse those charges and they will stand no matter what. It is just my fault for signing a contract with them in the first place.

I will not bore you with the details of how all this happened, because honestly, it doesn't matter. I am sure everyone knows what it is like to try to get quality service and personal care from an organization that employs 294.600 people worldwide. Essentially, they are a corporate bully, functioning behind the guise of an efficiently run organization. I just hope that any small business owner considering signing a contract with them will read this and stop and think very carefully before they do. I would hate to see anyone else become a victim as I have.

If AT&T was a properly sized organization and not just another corporate bully, this would have never happened to me. It just reinforces my belief that corporate America is very bad for America. It has destroyed people's souls and sense of fairness and created an environment where this kind of thing can occur. Even though I have escaped the brutal employment of these places, I am still falling victim to their power as a consumer. Beware who you do business with people. Smaller is better.

Sara Morgan
Author of No Limits: How I escaped Corporate America to Live the Self-Employed life of my dreams. Available through www.nolimitsthebook.com
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Sep, 2009 by   Really? 0 Votes
Are you just trying to sell a book?
 26th of Sep, 2011 by   A. McKee 0 Votes
I did not sign a contract, but they are telling me I still have to pay the "early termination fee" because somehow I received a "25%" discount. I switched my service to Comcast due to the ridiculous fees for long distance and other obscure fees for business usage under AT&T. I specifically never signed a contract with AT&T because I didn't like the wording of the contract. How is it that they can still claim I am under a contractual obligation?
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   roadwarrior128 0 Votes
I had cancelled my home phone and internet with AT&T and was sent a bill that was outrages. They than cut off my wireless because that was part of the bundle package. I payed the charges on the beginning of the this month ( October 2012 ), And was told I had to make another payment the following week. They said that my payment was for home service only when my home service did not total up the right amount. They are trying to charge me twice for the same service and would not listen to me. AT&T sucks and I hope enough people out there see this and help me to boycott the way they do business with the consumer. I hope these same reps. find themselves laid off and out of work for their lies. The right hand dose not know what the left hand is doing and that's were the lies come in.

Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt?

Latest Groups