logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
AT&T
AT&T doesn't care for loyal longtime customers
2. (7 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
Pre-Approved Credit
3. (13 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!
4. (16 mins ago)

AT&T Contacts & Informations

AT&T

Posted:    Sandra

Roll over minutes

Yesterday 7/8/08 I called AT&T to change my cell phone calling plan because my husband and I are not using all of our 1400 anytime minutes each month and they are going into roll over minutes each month. Our roll over minutes calculated to almost 7000 minutes so I wanted to take advantage of them before they expire and besides, we obviously don’t need 1400 a month anyway. I was told by ‘Marina Shaw’ the sales supervisor that when you change your calling plan you lose all of your roll over minutes. WHAT?!?! I paid for those minutes, I earned them but you mean to tell me that you’re going to rip me off if I try and use them??? Marina agreed with all of my points but stated that it’s in the fine print of the contract I signed and there is nothing she can do for me. I told her that I have been a loyal customer for seven years and if she doesn’t honor my roll over minutes and return the loyalty I will cancel my account. She wouldn’t honor my request so I did just that, I canceled my account and took my cell numbers to Verizon.

Beware; they will not let you keep your roll over minutes if you try to lower your calling plan.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2008 by   DPartridge 0 Votes
Actually, it's not just when you lower your minutes. You could keep the same amount of minutes like I did, and simply add a phone to the existing plan. Yep... our minutes per month, remained the same, yet AT&T took it upon themselves to steal over 8300 minutes from the account on the technicality that we made a "change" to the existing account.

Sandra was lucky... they warned her... they didn't me. I received my notice when I looked at the bill.
 8th of Feb, 2009 by   bow 0 Votes
well, I did not change my plan... the plan I got 6 years ago was no longer available...When I renewed my plan 2 years ago, I was considering downgrading my plan because I wasn't using my 850 min. and acquired so many rollover minutes. The sales person told me if I downgraded my plan I would lose my rollovers. But if I kept the plan I had or upgraded I wouldn't lose them. So I kept the same plan and upgraded my phone. Well I just renewed my contract, only to find that they would not honor my original was no longer available and they only offered a 900 min/mo. When I checked my statement I saw that I lost all my rollover minutes. Whe I question the customer service person, which I may add was an idiot, he pretty much told me that because I changed my plan I lost everything. I would have been happy to keep my original plan, and told him it was upgraded and he told me that becaus my plan changed I was SOL. I am in the process of switching providers. I was keeping the plan because it was convienient. But with all my dropped calls and shitty customer service anything is better than att.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Dagdason 0 Votes
Turns out AT&T did the same to me, I lost over 6000 roll over minutes when I downgraded my plan in August of 2008 to save money. Now when I need them I don't have them. I am changing wireless companies and AT&T can eat those roll over minutes that they stole from me and eat the last month of service costs as well.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   CommonSense 0 Votes
1. If you have that many minutes rolling over, you're on the wrong plan.

2. Learn to READ before you sign
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   Liz 0 Votes
I didn't sign anything you fag, it was done over the phone.
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   Liz 0 Votes
Hey Common-NO-Sense, can you READ dumb-ass? We all tried to change our plan to better fit us and that's when they took our rollover minutes away. You need to learn how to READ before you comment. You probably work for AT&T don't ya loser?
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   Vidmaster 0 Votes
Wow all of you are sooo dumb!!! You who switched to verizon they are going to keep the minutes you don't use you idiot because they don't have rollover and according to u that's getting ripped off... So that was a stupid move...and if u didn't really need that many minutes why were u so pissed off when they took away ur rollover minutes!!! It just dosent make any sense
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   Andy55 0 Votes
Same happened to me, I upgrade and lost 5000 minutes. And to CommonSense I have to say that I was on the CHEAPEST plan to begin with, so obviously I was on the RIGHT plan. Still I accumulated minutes, and now I upgrade to family plan, added my girlfriend, bought two iphones, got a more expensive plan. Price: They took away 5000 of my minutes.

The argument I was told was that if they didn't people would get an expensive plan, rack up minutes, and then downgrade. obviously there are two issues with that:

1. I was in fact UPGRADING and lost minutes. So their argument is mute.
2. If I had paid for a more expensive plan and was downgrading, I actually paid for the minutes I had earned, so what's the problem.

On top of that AT&T billed me for upgrade fees (which sales rep said they wouldn't), I had to call to take that off. They didn't add bonus minutes that I had on old account, although they said they would. Lots of fun on the phone.

I am very disappointed in AT&T, and will write about them on every blog I can to get the truth out about their dishonest account system. Yes, I signed a contract, but that doesn't mean it's not wrong what they do.
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   Ekr8401 0 Votes
My fiancé & I shared 1400 min/month on our iPhone plans. We ended up with over 3600 rollover minutes. He decided to cut our minutes to save money and use up some of those rollover since they are "paid for". Well, AT&T neglected to inform him that the change would cause us to forfeit the rollover minutes...and my fiancé didn't think to tell me he cut our minutes ( why? Idk, this obviously wasn't his shining moment ) needless to say, we ended up going over the next month. Waaaaaay over. Why is irrelevant, we thought we had 3600 rollover minutes that would cover it. WRONG! We lost our minutes and were stuck with a $500 bill. We complained, they agreed with our points, we requested a refund ( long shot, yes I know). AT&T did reinstate our 3600 rollover minutes, but did not apply them to the previous month's overage or reimburse us the $500+ (that we are in dire need of & AT&T agreed to do so). I'm hoping that we atleast end up with a credit to our account, but really we need the $ rather than our account credited. We will be switching providers asap. iPhone isn't worth dealing with AT&T.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   momof 3 0 Votes
You do not lose all of your roll over if you lower your plan. if you have 7000 rollover minutes accumulated and lower your plan to a 1400 minute plan from a 2000 minute plan you will be started off with 1400 rollover 1400 anytime and the remainder of the 7000 will be forfeited. all in all you start a plan with 2800 minutes. Rollover minutes do expire it is a rolling twelve months. Some things must have not been explained clearly. Other times peopple hear only what they want to hear. I'm just saying...
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   marco72 0 Votes
Well, i think obviously AT T have some people who are just paid to make those "rules" in a way they can screw you... Like my average use is around 550-600 min... They have a 900min plan and a 450 min plan... They told me if I switch to 450, I can carry with me only 450 mi. rollover... I think mostly they play on the fact that clients will not organize themselves to fight against them... To me there is a clear word for what they are... THIEVES... with all the connected... Whoever take those marketing decisions should spend a few years in prison... As simple as that...
HERE THERE IS NO ARGUMENT...
We should just organize few hundreds people with the same problem (few thousand?) pay 1$ each to take an excellent lawyer and suite AT T... To do that we should just have a AT T ROLLOVER WEBSITE, with a paypal account... I'm pretty sure if I bought a 900 min with 60$ or whatever is the breakdown, a min has a clear value, and a good lawyer will find a way of having this money back... However even more then having the money back, my goal would be to have a few people who did those kind of decisions to loose their jobs... Most likely they will buy a Boost phone after...

However google again, I may start my website!!!
m
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   DarkestDays 0 Votes
You did not earn those roll-over minutes. What you paid for is 1400 per month. As a courtesy ATT lets you keep what you havent used for the next month. But if you change your plan, you will loose all but what the new plan is. ATT dosent have to even give you RM in the first place.

Put your self in their shoes, if ppl could keep their RM every time they change, ppl would be switching all the time.
 27th of May, 2010 by   ericadrezek 0 Votes
At&t are the biggest scammers but they have the Iphone. Now everyone that has the Iphone knows that once you have it you can't live without it. My family of 4 paid Over $700 a month with 2 Iphones and never going over minutes. This is not a bs comment thats what we payed. Well my husband got sick of paying it and closed the account. Stupid me turned around and got a new account because I couldn't live without my Iphone, then even more stupid added my 2 kids that only text. Well my bill came in $405!!! My husband went with boost and he pays $50 unlimited calling, texting and data with no complaints once so ever.
 27th of May, 2010 by   DarkestDays 0 Votes
There is no possible way you could have paid $700 / mnth. Even unlimited for 4 lines and every feature ATT provides you still wouldnt come close. You must have had overages or international long distance. Or you may have had a pro-rated bill because of a change to your plan, but that would be one time only. Or if you cancel before the end of the contract then you would get ETFs charged on the last bill.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   Cra Cra Eyes 0 Votes
I have at&t and when i downgraded from a family plan they prorated my plan and they took my rollover minutes . I got PIST so i called at&t and i didnt even have to beg or cry i just told them what happen to my minutes all they told me is that my account had been prorated . They said they were gonna reinburse my minutes and they did i got all my rollover minutes back you idiots BOOYAAAA !!!
 24th of Dec, 2010 by   Zeet 0 Votes
at&t is the worst wireless provider I ever used!!! I've been using them for 4 months, and i already hate it. I rarely use my cellphone to call other people than at&t, so it's always around 200-300 minutes. but 2 weeks ago, when i checked my minutes, it's down to 80. I immediately checked my calls history, and then make summary of them, calls out and calls in that i got from other provider than at&t, it was only 50 mins. Then I called at&t, and the lady there said she will try to find someone to fix it. I called them many times, asked them to fix it, and yet they still don't give me any answer. 1 week ago, I checked again my mins, and it's down to 50 mins, and I HADN'T MAKE ANY CALL!! COME ON!!! Until now, I haven't get any call or email or text message from them about my mins. I hate at&t, and I still have more than 1 year contract with them.
 8th of May, 2011 by   slashdaddy 0 Votes
When I pay for 1400 minutes the unused portion of the 1400 minutes I paid for goes into Roll Over minutes, and every month around 400 0r more expire.I paid for 1400 minutes and feel that if ATT is going to take a portion of the minutes I PAID FOR they should have to reimburse that amount or deduct it from the Bill.The post about the unused minutes not belonging to the Person paying for them is a crock, and will soon be decided in court.
 8th of May, 2011 by   slashdaddy 0 Votes
My Daughter was added to my plan 2 years ago, recently she got her own ATT plan, I contacted Att to have the additional line taken off my plan and was told that I would have to pay $110.00 Early termination fee, which is for the discounted phone she got with my plan.The phone she recieved with my plan had to be replaced with a phone she purchased, Now I have to wait a year and a half before I can have the number taken off my plan, I know $110.00 is not a lot of money but these are things they don't make you aware of when you add your $9.95 lines also doubles the taxes, and activation fee.When my contract expires I will be going to a different Cell phone service, and I will no longer suggest ATT to anyone.Ilove the way they Thank you for being a Valued Customer after they shaft you.
 19th of May, 2011 by   auntiebunny 0 Votes
This is only one of the reasons I quit working for at&t b/c of all you cry babies. I have never been talked to like you idiots have talked to me. I only worked for them. I did not make the rules. I had to follow them. It was not my fault YOU cannot read the terms & conditions of YOUR contracts. It was not my fault YOUR kid ran over the data. It was not my fault YOU did not keep track of YOUR minutes, data & message usage & went over. I've been yelled & cursed at so many times over this kind of crap it's unreal. Most of the customers are liars. "No I did not make those 20, 15 & 30 minute international calls." "I was always using wifi so I couldn't have gone over on data." "I changed my plan online & there was nothing about losing rollover minutes." "I was told my activation/upgrade fee would be waived." MY favorite "I lost my new iphone & not eligible for an upgrade yet & I didn't get insurance. I've been a loyal customer for 8 years & I think you should give me one for free." Even though I'm not there any more, I am dumping Verizon as soon as I can & going to at&t. They have better & cheaper plans than Verizon. I've seen NO valued customers here, just idiots.
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Nalga21 0 Votes
Haha i have worked for both companies and true there is alot of customers that lie to get something free BUT our customers are not idiots well most of them at least if u explain something the right way and fully disclose the smAll print they will be satisfied. The problem is someone drops the ball and dosnt explain P. S im glad u no longer work in customer service auntiebunny u sound pretty bitter i have been doing it for 10 years and get paid good money to fix billing issues and i myself will give a cust a 100 for one months credit to keep him happy chances are hes going to spend over 1000 in one year. Advice is call back untill u get someone like me sucks to say it thats the way the ball bounces reps make or break a company

Fireworks and Kids Safety