logo

Action Pro White
Scam
5. (33 mins ago)
Indian Remy bulk human hair
Don't believe Priyanka from www.perfectlocks.com, she's ripped me off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Bad service

ATT
att.com
Be very careful when accepting sales pitches from AT&T customer/internet service representatives in respect to their methodology when giving you dollar credits to compensate you for upgrading your services.

In my case, the AT&T Internet service representative made his pitch wanting me to upgrade from FastAccess Ultra Service to FastAccess DSL Extreme. I declined as I told him I had no interest in paying the higher price for the DSL Extreme option. He stated that he would waive the fee I was being charged for my 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA' service if I upgraded. He confirmed this waiver would be permanent.

Two months later, per my phone bill, I found multiple discrepancies in services and charges that showed his above claim to be false. Not only did he, without my requesting it, remove the 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA' from my list of services, I was charged full price for DSL Extreme with no credit waiver.

Upon speaking with two AT&T customer service representatives about the above, I was told that the AT&T representative who offered the permanent waiver:-

(1) did not document his offer,

(2) removed, without my permission, my 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA resulting in my paying full price, with no credit, for DSL Extreme, and

(3) was not supposed to be waving such services on any permanent basis.

To rectify this I had to call two separate departments:-

=> their Plans and Services department to correct the dollar discrepancies, then

=> their Internet Service department to return my Internet service option back to what it was two months ago.

The resolution process took 1 hour and 20 minutes, most of it due to AT&Ts hold times.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008 by   TAS 0 Votes
I agree about the poor customer service AT&T gives to it's customers. Not to mention the poor attitudes of the service technicans that are dispatched to your home to fix problems.
I filled a complaint against the service technician who came to my home to fix the OUTSIDE wiring which is the soul responsibility of the property owners I rent from. I was charged for both inside and outside service, because according the technician he replaced my phone jack. NO HE DID NOT!!! Needless to say the technician was right and I was wrong. I was out the 197.00 dollars AT&T charged me.
On top of my frustration was how long it took me to even file a complaint. 2 hours!!! Yes 2 hours of speaking to over 9 different people in I don't know how many departments because no one, I mean NO ONE seemed to know where to direct my call!! Surprising how poorly run a PHONE COMPANY is run. I was emotionally drained by time what I thought would be a resolved situation. Having been accused of lying about what services I received to dealing with Reps on the defense before you open your mouth to speak. It's sad that america's corporate culture treats it's number one cash cows, US Consumers, like garbage.
The long and short, I'm now with verizon, pretty happy so far. No longer have a land line, and get my internet from Comcast, pretty happy with their service too.
Hopefully if ever in the future I find myself needing a land line again, there will be far better companies to chose from with high quality customer service EVERY TIME I CALL FOR ASSISTANCE.
If you can shop else where for a phone company please do so. Stay away from AT&T if you can.
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I purchased an iPHONE on 10/09 along with APPLE CARE. I was told if anything happened to my phone I could use the apple care. ON 10/27 I was violently mugged on the street at noon-the thug got away with my iPHONE. I went to turn the service off and to buy a new phone. The rep said I would have to pay OVER $500.00 to get a new one. Any phone I wanted to purchase at ATT would be a FULL PRICE because I broke the contract when the jerk mugged me. They will not cut me a break I originally bought the iPHONE for $199.00- I would love to buy another one but just not at $500.00!

I am willing to spend more $ but $500.00 seems outrageous especially when I am the victim of a crime! Why did I buy the apple care? They made it sound like I was getting insurance! There is NO insurance with the iPHONE folks. Apple or ATT will not insure due to the high fraud rate.

The woman at the ATT store on market street in SF stated- how do I know you didn't just make a fake police report and then sell your iPHONE to a business man for $800.00 to $1, 000.00? What the heck? Oh so I would go to jail for as false police report? That is a felony! This really upsets me! I just would like to get some HELP!

ATT will not assist me at all- neither will APPLE any help is much appreciated!

I have seen a police line up and I have a police report and have been enrolled in the Caslifornia victim's of violent crime program. I have nightmares over this! The anxiety is terrible...

and yet ATT say I stole my own phone. VERY RUDE and they should be more specific to people about WHAT APPLE CARE IS! I have a useless box now that cost me $69.00.
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   duane 0 Votes
I used to work for AT&T and I can confirm I have never worked with such a poorly run company. We were acting as bullies to customers and after a few months I did not want to be associated with the company in any way and I left.

The companies sales people on the internet side I have had dealings with have the poorest sales techniques. A terrible organisation that hopefully will disappear
 4th of May, 2009 by   roger 0 Votes
HELLO

ATT HAS QUALITY PHONES AND EXCELLENT TECHNOLOGY BUT THEY ADD TOO MUCH HIDDEN FEES AND THEY MAKE YOU GO FOR THE HIGHER RATE PLANS. THE OTHER DOWN SIDE IS THEY MAKE HALF OF THE NEW CUSTOMERS PUT DOWN ANYWHERE BETWEEN THREE HUNDRED TO SEVEN HUNDRED IN DEPOSITS. I GOT A BETTER DEAL WITH THE NEW SPRINT IN 2009 WITH THE EVERYTHING PLAN FOR A LOT MORE AND I WAS SURPRISED AT THE SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SPRINT GAVE ME AS OF MAY 2009. WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE.
ROGER
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   stevensg 0 Votes
Here is what happened. Our Tvs were always freezing and not working. Att fixed the problem and they said to make up for it, they would give us a free 6 month hd trial. They told us that they couldn't give it to us because our bill was late. When we mailed the bill, we tried calling again. Since we called on a saturday, they said they would have to talk to the bill department about the trial. The problem was that the department was only open on weekdays. So yesterday we called and now they said that we can't get the trial because they don't want to give away free trials to people. Now we are just going to leave them
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   AirlineCustomerCareManager 0 Votes
This is a scam anyway - they give you the free trial, but usually you need to upgrade your cable box in order to handle HD signals. And then after the six months, when you get used to the good quality, they charge you extra money to keep it... Just as well. They ended up losing money in the long run anyway.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   upsetshantae 0 Votes
I have had a horrible experience with At&T. Three months ago I contacted them about changing services. I was told they could prvide the same service and it was much cheaper than what I was paying. They said the first bill would be higher because of the various charges to add a new service. That was true. The second bill was much cheaper like they said. BUT NOW I have my third bill and it is just as much as I was paying with my old service provider. My old provider had better service though! I called and their customer service was somewhat rude and did not seem to care about my situation. That was after I was on hold for 20+ minutes. I am outraged and can't wait until Monday gets here so I can cancel their service. Why would I have ever changed services if I was going to be billed just as much and get poor customer service at that?
 1st of Sep, 2012 by   j.mora 0 Votes
i decided to change from verizon to att because i wanted to use a prepaid service, verizon didnt have a phone that i liked, so i got a att phone, and a cheaper service.i like the phone, but the service is lousy.i got on the auto refill so that i would always have service without being disconnected, so of course i was disconnected every month with the promise that it would never happen again.this last time they even tried to change my service without telling me to a pay per call.I no longer trust them with my plan or credit card, i now pay it myself every month so that there will be no more games.right now I just needed a cheaper service.so i am getting what i am paying for, cheap customer service with cheap coverage.when i decide i need a more dependable service i will be changing companies...

i
 8th of Mar, 2013 by   Unanimous001 0 Votes
The problem with AT&T is internal. It is cheaper to run their customer service through an outside source instead of them managing it themselves. I am highly disappointed with some of their managers in Reno, NV especially the Manager in Damonte shopping center. He is very rude and lack professional way of engaging with customers, all he does is argue blindly. I regard him as a tall man with small brain. He needs some evaluation and training on how to deal with customer. Anyways, I will be moving my fourteen lines to Verizon, they do not deserve my business. I will do everything in my power to move my other family member and friends out of AT&T network to Verizon
 17th of Jan, 2014 by   Lenore1355 0 Votes
I'm another victim of AT&T lies. Been on the phone the last three months with them and still can't get anyone to tell the truth. I advice you get everything in writing and that still might not help you. It is very frustrating dealing with them. No one knows what they are doing. I wonder if there employees have a high school education. I wouldn't recommend AT&T to anyone!!!
 28th of Apr, 2014 by   Kristy767 0 Votes
I sure wish I would have read this before a sales rep talked me into adding the 4th line to get the 160.00 dollar a month deal for 4 phones. You are so right, they lie and then there is no way to go back an prove that the orig plan they talked me into was valid. I am so angry right now. HOW DO I GET SOMEONE TO FIX THIS?

Lawmakers Urged to Make Schools Safer