Posted:

Over billing

AT&T
AT&T offered me a promotional price of $14.99 for internet service, but the keep billing me $45 every month. I have called and talked to them about it, they said that the problem would be corrected, and my account would be credited. No such luck they continue to over charge me. They did the same with my landline service. It was basic service, and supposed to be about $10 a month. I never got a bill even close to that. After cancelling my service they finally refunded me about $80. They should treat their customers right before they lose most of them.
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have never received my rebate on my Nokia cell phone. I never even got the form to fill out. I have called and asked for it to be e-mailed and sent. They said they would send it both ways and it has not arrived. The time is running out. I am not happy. My next stop is the Better Business Bureau!!
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Sir, we will be able to assist you if you call us about your rebate status. We have been in a slump for awhile regarding rebates but we are back in the swing of things now. If i understand you correclty you are wanting a rebate for your Nokia Phone .Ok well as long as it hasn't been past 90 days, we will be able to assist you in this matter. If it has been you will need to call the manufacter and tell them your IMEI number sir. This is located inside your phone underneath the battery area usually. If you have any questions please give us a call at 1800-866-1514 M-F 8am-10pm EST. Nokia rebates range from 50-$100 rebates.

If you report this to the BBB, we will let them handle the issue and we guarantee you will not get any refund from us, until that investigation is over and we know the outcome. We reserve the right to charge you a fee of $50 for oour investigation teams inqury into your issue, so its's best you call us to try and solve the issue and don't them involved. Catch my drift, Sir?

Hope this helps you, and thank you for chossing AT&T as your wireless service provider and we want you to know you made the right choose!
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I dealt with AT&T for 6 months. Every time I called they messed something up and then tried to charge me more. In the end I got a 1700.00 early disconnect fee because I was fed up with them. This company is the worst one I have ever had to deal with. On top of that they keep calling and asking if I want home phone service.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
AT&T sucks, keep calling to get your refund. After all, if you owed them money they would keep bothering you.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
OMG - I could have written this post myself! I've been dealing with that *exact* issue since May of last year. One of their reps even changed my phone number, telling me that it would "reset" the promo and make it work (surprise - it didn't do anything but inconvenience me). I'm going to be reporting them to the FCC and PUC if it's not corrected on my next invoice. I suggest you do the same. Good Luck!
 11th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have the same issue. I called last month and got my account credited but this month and last month bills were way higher than expected. I was charged 37 instead of 19 and I really don't feel like calling them. I decided to wait for their collecting service to call me.
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
BEEN RIPPED OFF ON MY NEW ACCOUNT I REQUESTED A PHONE ONLY SERVICE THEY CUT ME OFF BEFORE I COULD PAY MY BILL THE CHARGED ME OVER 300DOLLARS FOR A SERVICE I HAD LES THAN A MONTH
 23rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
1, 700 early termination fee?
I REQUESTED HELP TO CUSTOMER REP AND ALL I GOT WAS A HIGHER BILL
IF YOU THINK I AM LYING TRY YOUR CENTAL SQUARE OFFICE IN CAMBRIDGE MASS IT WAS A TOTAL DISGRACE THE WAY I WAS TREATED THATS WHY I BELEIVE THESE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST AT7t
 24th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

AT&T - Rebate never received
Park Ridge

We moved into our new house and ordered internet service from AT&T. $50 installation fee, $100 equipment fee, plus the monthly service fee. We were told to go to www.att.com/rewardcenter after 30 days of installation and apply for a rebate of $100, which we will get in the form of a visa gift card. The lady I spoke with knew I have no other AT&T services ordered, nevertheless she told me the $100 rebate was going to apply for us. I have been waiting and I can not seem to be able to activate the reward on their site, so I gave them a call and I was told it only applies if I have cell phone service or cable service with my internet service. What liars! I was never told that when I signed up over the phone. I was told I would get the $100 rebate. It turned out to be a pricy internet service after all...
 6th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
AT&T Wireless DSL modem are on ebay for $20. I will never pay $100 for that sucker, they can keep their rebate and I will keep my cash.

AT&T Logo AT&T