logo

Cylimited S
Trial offer scam
2. (13 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
chasing customer throughout parking lot,why you are not buying
3. (15 mins ago)
ComputerShare
Seems like a scam
4. (18 mins ago)
dutch glow.com
cruel and inhuman service
5. (23 mins ago)
pavescapesinc.com
Bad services and really slow and lazy workers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Tyler

Terrible experience

AT&T
att.com
Bought 2 cell phones and plan from At&T Wireless mobile. Recently Moved to Leisureworld in Silver Spring, Maryland and was unable to make or receive calls from apartment. Just discovered there is extremely limited accessibility here. Have to go outside to make or receive phone calls. Tried to cancel plan as the phone service is worthless here. AT&T refuses to end contract without penalty fee.

Questioned what the sense of having a phone service with no network access! Totally disappointed in this company and will never use AT&T services again. They have no sense of customer service. We had to get a landline through comcast. Called customer service at AT&T which did not get us anywhere.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I purchased two new phones with ATT Wireless in the store on Fulton street Brooklyn New York. This was an upgrade because I have been a customer with ATT for many years. I didn't realize until I got the bill I was being charged for something that I didn't ask for. I went back to the store to correct the problem and the sales representative apologized and said she would correct the problem. When I got the next bill I still had the same problem. I was being billed for features that I didn't ask for. I called and was told that I would get credit and the problem would be solved. This started back in July 2008 I am still having the same problem, being billed for features that I didn't ask for.

When I called today October 26, 2008 I spoke to a manager April who said since she don't see any notes about me calling in to complain about being charge for features that I didn't ask for there wasn't anything she could do. I think it is unfair to customers when sales representatives don't do their job and document complaints because now I have to pay for the features that I have been complaining about for three months. Who can help customers in situations like this? Can phone companies do that to customers (charge them for features that they did not ask for and tell them it is not their fault)?

I have to pay for features that I didn't ask for due to the mistake of ATT wireless.
 15th of Nov, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
AT&T Are actively stealing, lying, make a contract deal and then they go back and change it, and claim the customer is lying hmmm! Get You to buy there phone thats just crap, and give you one for free, thats means 2 shit phones. I paid for x amount of minutes, they took my money and claim I am wrong, a week has passed, have not used the phone, they claim I already owe 195.00. Thats 2 shit phones, 2 lies!

Do yourself a favor and don't deal with them!
 13th of Jan, 2009 by   Rudy 0 Votes
AT&T is a complete ripoff. When someone from my family wanted to add a line to their account, AT&T wanted to charge an additional $750.00 security deposit. This is the SECOND $750.00 for a total of $1, 500.00 they are holding to fatten their pockets even further. $750.00 was paid to them to get his original phone. He will get this back (or should I say, I will get this back) in 1 year, but as a recent college grad and new to the workforce this young man did not have the resources to meet their outrageous requirements. The original account was/is in good standing and debited each month from his account and is paid up to date. Not only am I posting here, but I'm also contacting the Better Business Bureau. I can understand the deposit on the first phone, but the second security deposit is just plain robbery.
 19th of Apr, 2009 by   steffkessler 0 Votes
THIS CONCERNS THE FACT THAT I WAS EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY ABUSED
BY A INSTALLER (BRIAN) FROM AT&T BEFORE HE EVEN GOT INTO THE HOUSE. I HAD TO CALL THE POLICE ON THIS GUY BECAUSE I WAS SO SCARED OF RETALIATION LATER. I WAS ON THE PHONE TRYING TO REACH HIS SUPERVISOR ( KELLY MAGUIRE, SUPERVISOR POST ROAD INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA 317-895-2040) WHICH MADE HIM CRAZY MAD. SHE FINALLY CALLED FOR A BRIEF MOMENT TO INFORM ME THAT SINCE I CALLED THE POLICE ON HER EMPLOYEE THEY WOULD NOT INSTALL THE AT&T BUNDLE.

(FULL STORY BELOW)

To whom it may concern,
My family has had service from your company in our home (owned by our family since 1907) from the beginning.
We were interrupted at home one day by a semi-pushy salesman and was talked into getting the AT&T BUNDLE pkg. He was telling the private community we live in ( Spring Lake, IN) that we were all approved and could have this installed.
We received a date for installation and were eagerly awaiting our new services.
Then we were informed that we didn’t have enough CREDIT to get the services we picked out. So, we had to CANCEL the date of installation and get to the bottom of this.
A week or so later, we received an apology letter letting us know (what we already knew) which was that there was an ERROR with their computers and a bunch of people were WRONGFULLY INFORMED THEY DIDN’T HAVE GOOD ENOUGH CREDIT FOR AT&T, AND NOW WE CAN GET WHATEVER WE WANT!
So, all the sudden we were good enough to make another date to have this installed.
15 days later was the first time they could “fit us in” that right there was an INCONVEINENCE. They had already suspended our services to switch over to ATT. WHICH RESULTED IN ABOUT 3-4 HOURS ON THE PHONE COMPLAINING THAT NO ONE WAS HELPING US AND WE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY HAVE THE “BUNDLE PKG”.
I received a $30.00 credit (whoopee) for not having the bundle because of an error that was AT&T’S FAULT. And the fact that we had to wait another 15 days to get it.
The morning of the installation (between 12 and 2pm) I was excited to FINALLY BE GETTING WHAT AT&T SO EAGERLY WANTED US TO GET. (APPROX. 10 LETTERS AND SO MANY E-MAILS I CANT COUNT FOR OUR BUSINESS).

“THE ALTERCATION”

THE “PREMISE TECHNITION”(BRIAN) WAS COMING DOWN OUR ROAD WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE ASKING ABOUT THE STATIS OF OUR ORDER. I GOT EXCITED AND TOLD HER NEVERMIND HERE HE COMES. HE WENT AROUND THE CORNER AND KEPT ON GOING SO I SAID (NICELY)“RIGHT HERE GUY!”HE LOOKED AT ME LIKE HE WANTED TO KILL ME.(IF LOOKS COULD KILL KINDA THING)ANYWAY I WAS STILL ON THE PHONE WITH THE CSR SO SHE HEARD ME AND KNEW I WASN’T BEING MEAN.
I WENT AHEAD AND HUNG UP THE PHONE AND HE BACKS INTO OUR DRIVEWAY…I SAY “HEY GUY DIDN’T YOU SEE ME?” HE REPLIED (IN A STERN COMMANDING VOICE)AND I QUOTE ..”NOW LISTEN HERE, I HAVE TO BACK INTO CLIENTS DRIVEWAYS SO I WENT AROUND THE BLOCK….DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?”

I LET THAT PASS AND TRIED A DIFFERENT APPROACH AND I QUOTE MYSELF “ OH MAN I HOPE YOU ARE GOOD WITH COMPUTERS WHEN YOU INSTALL MY DSL..I THINK I MESSED IT UP THIS MORNING.”HE REPLIED IN THE SAME LOUD AND CONDESCENDING VOICE… “THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM”
I WAS SHOCKED AND MY MOTHER HAD COME AROUND THE HOUSE BECAUSE SHE HEARD HIS TONE OF VOICE AND WAS CONCERNED AND SHE WITNESSED WHAT HAPPENED NEXT……
I WENT TO MY FRONT PORCH AND GOT ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY AND THAT’S WHEN HE SAID “TO HELL WITH YOU I AM NOT INSTALLING NOTHING FOR YOU…I DON’T LIKE BEING THREATENED.”
I REPLIED I’M JUST CALLING YOUR SUPERVISOR TO MAKE SURE THIS GOES SMOOTH BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE IN A REALLY BAD MOOD AND ITS NOT FAIR TO TAKE IT OUT ON ME….I DON’T LET PEOPLE TALK TO ME THAT WAY, I FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING VERBALLY ABUSIVE.”
THAT’S WHEN HE CAME OFF THE PORCH AND SHOVED INTO MY RIGHT SHOULDER AND THEN HIS ARM BRUSHED ACROSS BOTH OF MY BREASTS. I ALMOST FELL . I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK BY THEN AND HE LOADED UP HIS THINGS WHILE I STOOD THERE DUMBFOUNDED. HE WAS STILL CURSING AND YELLING WHEN HE GOT IN HIS VAN AND TOOK OFF LIKE A ROCKET. LIKE I HAVE SAID THIS IS A PRIVATE COMMUNITY AND THE SPEED LIMIT IS 25MPH.
ABOUT 30 MINUTES LATER OR SO IS WHEN SOMEONE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THEY WERE REFUSING TO INSTALL IT NOW.
NEEDLESS TO SAY I SPENT THE NEXT 8-9 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH A NUMBER OF CSR’S AND
SUPERVISORS (ALL DOCUMENTED BY ME) I GOT NO SATIFACTION WHATSOEVER. I DID SPEAK TO SOME THAT WERE OUTRAGED AND SOME WHO WERE COLD AND HARSH.
THE NEXT MORNING I STARTED OVER AND THE FIRST CSR I SPOKE WITH TALKED FOUND THIS GUY ‘BRIAN’S’ BOSS TOLD ME HER NAME AND NUMBER. (WHICH NO ONE IN THE 8-9 HOURS OF TRYING TO FIND HER COULD/WOULD DO)
SHE TOLD HIM SHE HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF ME ALL LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING AND HAD LEFT MESSAGES.
THAT IS A VICIOUS LIE, I HAD NOT ONE MESSAGE AND PRACTICALLY STARED AT THE PHONE ALL NIGHT. I THEN CALLED AND OF COURSE SHE DID NOT ANSWER, SO I LEFT A MESSAGE LETTING HER KNOW I ONLY MADE WHATS CALLED A “CAD” (COMPUTER AIDED DISPATCH) REPORT WITH THE POLICE JUST TO HAVE THIS ON RECORD. I WASN’T GOING TO PRESS CHARGES. SHE CALLED MY HOME PHONE AND SPOKE TO MY MOTHER BECAUSE I WAS GONE WITH MY 6-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO THE PARK.
MY MOTHER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL THE CALLING AND MESSAGES I HAD LEFT SO SHE REALLY DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT INSTEAD OF THIS “BOSS” CALLING ME ON MY CELL WHICH I HAD ASKED HER TO DO.
SHE INFORMED MY MOTHER THAT WE WERE 4200 FEET AWAY FROM BEING ABLE TO HAVE IT ANYWAY.
THAT WAS SUCH A LIE BECAUSE OUR NEIGHBOR WHO LIVES RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET HAS IT AND MY FRIEND AROUND THE CORNER HAS IT ALSO. I’M TALKING A MATTER OF 10-20 YARDS FROM OUR NEIGHBORS HOUSE PLUS THE FACT THAT THEY ALREADY APPROVED US TO HAVE IT AND WAS READY TO INSTALL.
THIS IS JUST A MATTER OF “U-VERSE” TRYING TO MAKE US GO AWAY AND NOT GET ANYONE IN TROUBLE.
I WILL NOT STOP PURSUING THIS UNTIL WE HAVE THE SERVICE INSTALLED AND THIS GUY BRIAN AND THIS GIRL KELLY MAGUIRE ARE FIRED FROM A JOB THAT SOMEBODY ELSE COULD USE IN THESE HARD TIMES.

I AM 42 YEARS OLD AND NOT IN GOOD HEALTH TO BEGIN WITH.
SINCE THIS HAPPENED TO ME I HAVE CONSIDERED GOING TO THE HOSPITAL MANY TIMES BECAUSE OF RACING HEART AND MY HAIR IS COMING OUT IN HANDFULLS.

VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE FROM HIM AND LYING AND REFUSING SERVICE FROM HER SHOULD NOT BE SOMETHING AT&T CONDONES.
I NEED HELP FIGURING OUT WHO TO CONTACT AND HOW(PHONE-E-MAIL?)
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   Amber562 0 Votes
After ordering AT&T service online for a family plan, we didnt get a response until a couple of days later stating that our order is confirmed and my card was charged 128.83. we got the 3 cell phones within a week or so and thought nothing of it. Our phones were already activated and we used them as normal. We canceled with our other phone company because we thought everything was ok. We got the service agreement in the mail which led us to believe even more that we were going to have a good relationship with this company. Come to find out 3 weeks later that our phones were disconnected. I called AT&T and customer care told me at first that it was a result of over usage of the internet. Our bill was $ 1800.00. I demanded to speak with someone else because this was not possible. The other person got on the phone with me and figured it out. Our phones had a 500.00 deposit that NO ONE ever told us about. I was on the phone with them being transferred to other people and put on h9old for over 2 1/2 hours. Had we known that there was going to be a 500.00 per each phone, we certainly would have NEVER continued with the order. So now we have no service, and my husband is a cross country truck driver. I filed a complaint on the FTC, the BBB and the Attorney General. I feel terrible because the lack of their communication!
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   at &t 0 Votes
i have a complaint toward your worker at 1154 east 93 street who are suppose to be working on the pole fixing or repaairs wires. the problem is when i want to leave or return to my home your worker will not move etheir truck to allowed mew to park in the gargage. your worker should park their truck or equipment on the street. i am feed up with them blocking to garage door. i am looking fodrwarding to hear from you . to solve this problem with and concern your worker. they always leave trash on my property. i have to pay someone to c lean after your men. this is really going to far. i need to speak with the ceo.
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   at &t 0 Votes
I have a complaint toward your worker at 1154 e 93 st who are suppose to be working on the pole fixing or repairs wires. The problem is when I want to leave or return to my home your worker will not move their truck to allowed me to park in my gargage. Your worker will not move truck . I asked them to park on the street. whewn they are not working. I am feed up with them blocking my garage door. I am looking forwaard to heard from you. to solve this problem concern your worker. They leave trash onto ground where they work sometimes. I have also asked them to clean the area in which they are dropping their trash. I have to pay someone to clean the area they leaved trash.T his is really going to far. I need to speak with the ceo.

Tax Tip: Avoid Phishing Scams