logo

furniture Stores
shopping
3. (16 mins ago)
canadamags.com
Don’t subscribe – scam and waste of money
4. (20 mins ago)
ROBERT CIAMBRANO
stealing money/non payment of a judgement
5. (21 mins ago)
Balfour.com
Balfour's website is useless!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AT&T, Anaheim, California Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized debit from checking account

AT&T Contacts & Informations

AT&T

Posted:    mlndzfmly

Unauthorized debit from checking account

AT&T
Anaheim, California
I closed my AT&T phone and internet service account after 6 years of excellent service provided by AT&T. This is where the trouble began. I forgot to remove the autopay I set up online before I cancelled service. When I realized it I called AT&T and they said no problem, they would stop the autopay and send me a final bill for me to pay by check. They stopped the next autopay, but never sent me a final bill and just took the final bill amount out of my checking account which included an additional charge that was not clear to me. I called them and after being transferred around at least ten times, and hung up on, I finally got someone who said they could help me, but wanted to know if they talk to me about other options available to me from AT&T. I SAID NO. They wanted an alternate phone number on me so they could call me to sell me new products, I SAID NO. I just wanted to find out what the extra charge was for and make sure there would be no more debits against my checking account. My internet billing cycle ended on 5th, and I cancelled on the 9th so this made me responsible for the entire months billing. When I cancelled I was not told this. Apparently it was in the original agreement, but it would have been nice for them to remind me of this when I cancelled. NO MORE AT&T FOR ME!
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2011 by   IrritatedwithATT 0 Votes
I have had too many of the same problems in addition to many other issues regarding AT&T; but what options does a person have to be able to go to anyone else when the service is a monopoly? I don't understand why they can't do a better job helping customers with ANY KIND of concern for the customer...it's non-existent when you deal with them.

Time to Cut the Cable?