logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
THE SEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU,Sweepstakes Prize entry Center P.O. BOX 549012- Dallas ,TX 75354-9012
I Have not received my wininning Prize worth $12,000,000.00

athomemart

Posted: 2013-04-03 by    Holliekay81

Bad Business practices

AtHomeMart
I purchased 2 rockers from AtHome Mart on December 10, 2012 through Amazon. One was broken and i am still dealing with it.
On Decemeber 20, I wrote this message,
"I received the rockers today. I opened 1 and the back cushion is damaged. The wooden dowel was laying broken in the box."

On December 21 i received this response from Veronica,
"Im am so sorry about that, Can you look on your instruction guide and please verify the part number or part name for what you need me to send to you. I need to make sure I send you out the exact part you need. If it does not have a name or part number please take a picture of the instruction guide with the part you need circled and pointed out and email it to me. It take 5-7 business days for you to receive this part after ordering it."
I responded the same day and verified the part.
By January 7, I still had not received the replacement part and I contacted the company again.
I received this message in response.
"In order to request return approval can you email us pictures of damaged item?"

I was confused so I called the company and spoke with Veronica regarding our broken rocker. She apologized and said a part would be sent out that day. She said she was opening a box up and sending it directly instead of going through the manufacturer. We never received the part. This is the second time we were promised a new piece.

After i placed the Amazon A-Z guarantee claim, i received the replacement part in the mail. This part was ALSO damaged. I took pictures and requested a full refund.

The instructions I received from A-Z Claims department were these.
"Please mention the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number provided by the seller along with the return address so that the seller may locate and process your refund immediately upon receiving the returned merchandise.We sympathize with your frustration regarding this order. Please understand that the A-to-z Guarantee covers only the cost of your order, and does not include reimbursement for other fees, including return costs."
I followed these directions. I spent over $20 to send the broken part back. Today I received this message,

"The seller states 'We have only received the backrest of the rocker . In order to issue a full refund we must receive the complete product back."

No one told me i needed to send "the complete product back". That would cost more than my refund. I would have declined to do so.

I called 951 685 2186 and spoke with Veronica again. She said there was nothing more she could do. She told me it was Amazon's fault for not communicating clearly. She said it was Coaster's fault for sending a broken part.
I asked to speak with her manager. She said he was not there but his name was Watson. She told me that talking to him would not help me. I told her that was not good business. She hung up on me and turned the phones off.
I called Watson at 951 214 8104 and also 951 332 8868. I asked to speak to Watson and the man asked my name and told me to hold. I was on hold for 5 minutes and then they hung up on me.

On April 3, I called and spoke with Watson. We had a long conversation. Once again, he hung up on me when I told him it wasn’t fair that I had to pay for their mistake.

This is what their website says in regards to defective products.
“In case the customer received item with missing or defective parts, customer must report to us via email at cs@athomemart.com or call 1866-444-1146 within 2 business days from the date that the package was delivered. AtHomeMart will send replacement parts via Ground delivery service only unless the customer purchase with the expedite shipping service. In case the customer decided not to take part replacement and would like to return the item only, the return policy will be applied.”

AtHomeMart is not taking responsibility for mistakes they have made. I have spent a considerable amount of time, energy and money on this. AtHomeMart hopes that most people will not do the same and they have more money to put in their pockets. In addition to helping me, i hope something will be done about a company that takes $ from customers, but does not provide them with anything in return.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2013 by   RJS66 0 Votes
Had same bad experience with them, reported to BBB and Amazon.com I have read many bad reviews about this company, they need to revamp the customer service department and make good on the claims.
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   RJS66 0 Votes
this company does bad business and lots of lip service to string you along if you want a refund or replacement.
 15th of Sep, 2013 by   GSandy 0 Votes
Agreed. Ordered an expensive dining room set from them, never delivered. Didnt respond to my emails about missing delivery, but Watson started threatening me after amazon refunded me. Company of shady people. Veronica said owner would sort it out and call me, never did.
 15th of Sep, 2013 by   GSandy 0 Votes
Update: they offered me a 20% discount if I would dislodge mr complaint with amazon and bbb. As if I'd ever buy from them again.
 16th of Dec, 2013 by   SloPok 0 Votes
I'm expecting a chase I bought from athomemart through amazon and I sure hope I don't have the same or, any problems. It was suppose to arrive Wednesday or Monday (Today) but did not. I sent an email to cs@athomemart.com and asked when they expect it to arrive.
 14th of Mar, 2014 by   N35T 0 Votes
This abnormal practice for Amazon. Sounds like you are dealing with the vendor not Amazon. In most situations I package the product up and return. I don't have time to deal with issues like yours. Besides, I wouldn't have ordered a product with a high cost in shipping. Unless you live in the "sticks", I would've driven to Ikea or a furniture store and found a similar product.
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   ihatecompany 0 Votes
To all the customers who have or going to purchase the furniture from Athomemart. Whatever you do, do not buy any kinds of furniture from them. The owner of Athomemart is not an honest person and all they want to do is to sell the furniture with high price. I have purchased their rocking chair before, and I found out that their margin is focused on the high cost of shipment from their warehouse to your home. I have spoke to a man name Watson on the phone and he has mentioned to me that his warehouse is located in somewhere in Southern California.

The margin is calculated by the distance from their warehouse to your home. The farther place you live away from Southern California, the percentage of margin will increase. They charge extra money on the shipment to make the income. If you live in the East Coast, you are paying about extra 50 to 75% of margin added onto the cost of price of shipment. The formula looks like this: shipment cost is : $135.00 * 50% = $202.50 I figure this out from looking at my receipt and learned my mistake to purchase the rocking chair from them.

I should have purchased the rocking chair from my local furniture store. All I am paying is for the chair itself and I can use my big truck to transport the chair from the store to my home. I have a degree in MBA specialized in Accounting and Marketing. If, I am right, I believe they are adding double margin to make income from the customers. The double margin means that they are adding one margin to the products and "another" margin on the shipment. Please note that I do not know the percentage of margin they are including but my theory is focused on the high cost of shipment and why do we (consumers) needs to pay extra money for the shipment.
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   ihatecompany 0 Votes
To all the customers "who have" or "going to" purchase the furniture from Athomemart, please reconsider what I have wrote before you make your final decisions. Athomemart is not an honest company, and all they want to do is to sell their furniture with the high price. I have purchased their rocking chair in middle of 2013. Back then I have spoke to two people who were managing the customer service center. If I could still remember their names, I believe the manager's name was Veronica or Vanessa (either one) and her associate name was Watson. I don't know if they are still working there but their ethics are poor.

There are two things that I wish to tell it to everyone.

One:
They intend to ignore my complains about the rocking chair I have bought when I gave them a call. They put me on hold and hand up without notice. I have called to them several times and left a message on their voice mail. They have never returned my calls. I believe they like to practice neglection. I have reported my issue with Athomemart to Amazon.com, but they also couldn't help me to solve my issues.

Two:
Another thing that I have found out was that they are adding a high margin on the regular cost of shipment. We, the customers or I should call ourselves the "victims, " were overcharged with paying additional money to ship the goods from their warehouse to both you and my homes. If you look at your receipt, and contact the freight carrier to request for the quote, you will notice the price difference. You have to call to the freight carrier that Athomemart has used.

The margin is calculated by the distance from their warehouse to your home. If you live in the East Coast, you are paying extra 50 to 75 of percentage in margin added onto the original cost of price of shipment. The formula looks like this: shipment cost is : $135.00 * 50% = $202.50 and more. I figure this out from looking at my receipt and learned my mistake to purchase the rocking chair from Athomemart. I have used 50% because I live in Northern California.

I should have purchased the rocking chair from my local furniture store. All I am paying is for the chair itself and I can use my big truck to transport the chair from the store to my home. I have two degrees in MBA specialized in Accounting and Marketing. If, I am right, I believe they are adding double margins to make excellent profits from the customers. The double margin means that they are adding one margin onto the products and "another" margin on the shipment. Please note that I do not know the percentage of margin they are including but my theory is focused on the high cost of shipment and why did we need to pay an extra money for the shipment.

Beware of Athomemart's business practice.

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups