logo

Original Keyless
Terrible company
2. (5 mins ago)
Lusso Baby.ca
Not delivering product -working with subcontractor
3. (22 mins ago)

Posted:    Pissed off Derby Mom

Contract Tanning

At The Beach
Derby, Kansas
In Dec of 2008 I tried a free trial of the sunless spray tan machine in Wichita Ks. The high pressure sales people (including a manager) tried to get me to get a membership at that time. I was only interested in doing the safe and all natural spray and not the uv beds for two reasons. One because I have a higher chance of skin cancer and two because I am a single mom of a baby is always with me and would have to be able to go into the room with me. They not only assured me it was safe and all natural for me, but also for my child to be near since she would be outside the machine while I was being sprayed. I did sign up when they opened a store in my town, which is Derby. During the first month of my year contract not once but three times was unable to tan due to the machine not working. At that time I called customer service and tried to get out of my contract. All they ended up doing after many complaints was give me a free month of service at the END of my contract. Since then on mny occasions it wasn't working when I went in or they were out of net hats to protect your heair from the spray or the employees would simply just not even bother wiping out the machine after every use. Meanwhile I try to get in at least 1 to 2 sprays a week to keep my color and during nearly every trip I have had my child with me. About two weeks ago I was told that I could no longer bring my child into the building due to a state law. I understand they have to follow laws, but it has been a law this whole time and they have never followed it or had any of their members follow it. I understand that the uv tanning bed rooms are completly unsafe for children, but the spray tan room is quite large and you go into a machine that sprays directly on you and not all outside the room. Never the less, I called the coorperate number today and let them know that due to THEIR change in policy I would not be able to use their facility anymore. As a single mom I have a child that is with me 24 hrs a day even while I work from home. I do not know or have access to a sitter. Nor would I want to have to pay or go thru the hassle of getting one evrytime I want to spray tan for 3 minutes. I was told that I would have to buy out of my contract! This company has no compassion, they are not professional and will say or do anything to get you into a contract and then treat you like shit. Not only are they trying to scam every last dollar out of everyone by having you enter a contract, but they harrass you almost everytime you walk in the door about why you haven't bought this new product or that new product. Never, ever go to this place!
Comments United States Hair and Beauty Salons
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2011 by   amber22384 0 Votes
They have horrible customer service. I, along with almost every other person I know who has had a contract there, was conned into it. The typical experience that i have there is as follows; I walk in to the sales associate on her cell phone, as she whispers to me so not to interrupt her personal phone call. Half of the time they are sitting outside or in the back talking on their phones or messing with makeup. I once waited up front for 6 minutes while the girl was puting makeup on. I finally walked back to see what was going on and she came to the front and said I couldnt tan because it was 15 min until close. I told her that I had been waiting up front for service for 6 minutes and her reply was "you could have come back here and got me" Another time was the day after time change...of course they showed up an hour late with no apology. I can not stand this place. I finally got to the end of my contract and followed exact instructions for cancellation. Low and behold, 3 days after my monthly draft date, i get a call from their office in an attempt to "collect a debt". I spent an hour and a half on the phone trying to figure out why they are saying that i owe them. Finally the 10th person I talk to says, "oh, your right, I see the cancellation here. " AHHHH!!!

3 Top Tips for Finding College Aid