logo

Specialty Auto Network
Scam/Not Worth It
3. (5 mins ago)
Thrive Extreme Health
Seller didn't inform to cancel subscription
4. (7 mins ago)
Tara <tara@tara-medium.com>
psychics and the like?!
5. (11 mins ago)
spasalon.us
They work slowly and took more money from the customers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ASUS Wireless Headset, California Complaints & Reviews - "No-wait" ($3.00 surcharge) rebate

ASUS Wireless Headset Contacts & Informations

ASUS Wireless Headset

Posted:    danWC

"No-wait" ($3.00 surcharge) rebate

ASUS International
California
ASUS's "No-Wait service level" charge of $3.00 is a COMPLETE FRAUD! $25 mail-in rebate minus optional $3 charge for a "no-wait service level processing. Read on...

Here's what happened to me:

The first update email that was sent to me by them (Asus or their constituents) indicated VERY SPECIFICALLY the time schedule of the rebate shipment. As it said:

"We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the No-Wait service level you selected has been processed and approved on 12/03/2010."

"Your Visa® Card will be mailed within 5-7 business days . Please contact us if you have any additional questions."

Okay, I thought. I purchased the product in late Novemeber and it seemed pretty right-on as far as their pace of processing. Haha...NOT QUITE!

I checked back a week or so later, only to "track" the update where it then said it would NOW be postmarked by December 27, 2010. Hmmm, I got a little pissed and wrote asus(at)help.4myrebate.com, where they replied in a short and insulting manner saying: "it takes 8-10 weeks from approval date to receive payment." and gave me a customer service number to call if I had any questions.

They completely ignored my question, basically refusing to respond to my complaint that Asus's "rebate status update" email sent to me is knowingly representing blatantly false, misleading and fraudulent business practices.

If their representatives state in an email sent directly to me:

"YOUR VISA CARD WILL BE MAILED WITHIN 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS" from the indicated accepted and approved date of DECEMBER 3, 2010, this puts the rebate in the mail no later than December 14th or 15th at the latest. As of this writing it's now the 26th of December 2010 and I have still not received my rebate.

Please then, I must be completely retarded because my math just can't jive with how exactly do they arrive at the "...8-10 weeks from approval date to receive payment" time frame? This suggests I will not receive the rebate until late January to mid-February? This is absolutely outrageous and is also completely contradictory to their email to me, not to mention getting to keep the fee of $3.00 for your No-Wait Service Level processing.

Basically, now my math is ACTUALLY pretty good, if you just assume they get, say, 100, 000 rebate requests for $25 where the customers all request the no-wait service level, then somebody gets $3.00 x 100, 000 = $300, 000 extra profit for screwing YOU the CUSTOMER.

*******Buyer beware!!!******** Asus may make good products but they suck at rebates.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jul, 2011 by   Hedonist 0 Votes
I didn't agree to the $3 in extortion. I've been waiting 5 weeks since Asus approved my rebate and was feeling bad that ASUS ignored my email inquiry until I read this story. Maybe I'll get my rebate in 6 months? LOL

A Liars Club