logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
buyforexonline.com
They didn’t provide my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Loan Detector
Unscrupulous methods
3. (6 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
4. (47 mins ago)

ASUS Contacts & Informations

ASUS

Posted:    1111eeeNetbook1005REG

Poor Customer Service

I received an ASUS eee Netbook 1005PEG for Christmas. While surfing on Amazon last night, Dec 27, I got the ‘blue screen of death’ (which I’m told is extremely unusual and generally severe on Windows 7). After an attempt at restart, I got a boot error message and the hard drive began to chirp and chatter (like a broken needle on an LP record). I called their 24/7 US-based customer service. I was on hold for 15 minutes & finally hung up to try again during the daytime.
I called today (Dec 28). I was on hold for 15 minutes again and finally got someone who barely spoke English (this is US-based customer service?). After spelling my name 6 times, we moved on. From the beginning, he made it sound like I had broken the computer (there are 7 laptops in my living room right now---3 Dells, 2 HPs, a Toshiba, and a Mac, so I know how to use a laptop). He said “well what have you done on the computer since you had it?” and continued to pressure me when I assured him I had only surfed the internet (that is, after all, what a netbook is made for).
He attempted to instruct me on a reboot although I had said I had tried it last night & the hard drive kept making more noise, which I told him (asked me to press F2 to get to the bios and questioned me when I told him I didn’t have the option on the screen that he wanted. He also asked me to press F9. I’m not sure what that does because I got the same error message as I had before). Finally, after 20 more minutes, I got an RMA to send the thing in for repairs (after providing, spelling and verifying my email address approximately 13 times). He told me I would have to pay the shipping to them (but ONLY after I asked) and they would (kindly) send it back at no cost. This is a $300 computer that was turned on for 36 hours. I would have to pay 10% of the purchase price to send it back. Reasoning was to no avail, he kept repeating the same lame phrases. I was put on hold repeatedly. I asked to speak to his supervisor; he didn’t have one. It’s now about an hour after we started.
I moved on and asked for the state that ASUS in located in (I am filing a BBB complaint). At first he said he had no idea where they were located, then he changed his story and said they were in Europe but had no idea where. After yet another hold, he told me they were headquartered in Fremont, CA. I asked for an address. After more pressing, he said he wasn’t allowed to give their location.
We then moved on & I asked for his name and service employee number. Again, he’s not allowed to give that information, not even first name. Then I asked for his HR number or some other identifying number to connect him to my complaint.
HE HUNG UP ON ME!
I hope they monitor THAT conversation.
Comments United States Laptops / Notebooks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2011 by   lucar6166 0 Votes
I had a good experience using an Asus I bought two months ago. I honestly can't complain about the computer itself, at this point. The problem was with the ac charger which failed after 2 months. Simple problem and solution yet the laptop is useless unless you have adapter.
After contacting Asus, I ad to suggest to tech what they should do. I concisely said to overnight charger and I'll ship bad one. They wanted me to send old one back first. I threatened to return the computer since I bought it at Costco or simply send new charger. He made me fill out RMA form I had fill it out, include a credit card # and sign and fax it. The process took over 3 days. They finally sent out new one but did ground shipping with no return label.It took 10 days to get new one. My wife in the meantime, needed laptop for work. She had to use her 7 year old Toshiba that is still running. At this point, I just wanted to get it up and running to copy newer files . I would have returned it ASAp but my wife had recent files she needed to retrieve for work.
As soon as I got the charger, I backed up all files, sent out old charger at my own expense. I then returned the computer for a full refund at Costco, no questions asked and vowed to never buy an Asus since I can't trust their customer service.
I just bought a Toshiba, my third one, and I am glad I did. I've dealt with Toshiba and have been treated well and have most of my concerns resolved.
It's a shame, since I liked the Asus and was hoping to keep it for a while. But that one experience revealed to me what the future would hold. Apple sends out things overnight when they don't work. True, there are local Apple stores so I just exchanged things when I needed to, but that service is what I am accustomed to and I am disappointed that Asus did not fulfill commitment to satisfy the customer.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   Leow +1 Votes
I had the almost similar case as yours. My 1-day-old adapter produced noise while it was charging. I brought it to Asus Customer Service and they told me to leave the old one and wait for the new one to come as they didn't have current stock. I asked when will the new one arrives as I still need to use my laptop while waiting. The Customer Service said he do not know. Then I asked him to call to confirm and he is like quite reluctant to do so. He kept asking me to wait as he couldn't give me an actual arrival date. I told him I can't afford not to use my laptop while waiting and he said he can do nothing on this because they never face any adapter issue before. I was so frustrated and asked him to give me a solution but he just kept saying nothing they can do.

At last, I was told it will reach in the next Monday and I will be called up to collect. However, on Monday no one calls and I had to call back to ask again. The answer I got is it will reach on Tuesday and they will call me up to collect before 12pm. And yes you guess it right as I did not receive any call until 11.45am on Tuesday. I called the Customer Service again and the answer is the new adapter will only reach at 1pm and they promised to call me. I am still waiting.
 17th of Mar, 2012 by   kelliecrothers 0 Votes