logo

Uniqcare Recruitment Ltd
Uniqcare Recruitment
5. (11 mins ago)
Susana B. Tolchard, Attorney
didn't do the work, wont return money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental, Seekonk, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Aspen dental practice!

Aspen Dental Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental

Posted:    Stephen

Aspen dental practice!

Aspen dental
20 commerce way, seekonk MA
Seekonk, Massachusetts
On Janunary 15, 2008, I went to Aspen dental, Seekonk MA to get my teeth cleaned. After the service, they told me to pay $24, because they said they did periodontal maintenance cleaning on me and I need to pay 20% of it (the total is $125). On Jan 27, I received a letter from my insurance which stated there was no record indicating a history of treatment for periodontal disease and the periodontal maintenance is considered an adult cleaning which should be charged for 58$. The insurance paid 100% of it and indicated I should pay Zero. So I talked to Aspen dental and showed them the letter. They insisted they did periodontal maintenance and refused to refund me. I was so pissed and don't know what to do next. It is not about the money, it is about how they practice. I definitely am not going back to them again.
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Feb, 2008 by   Bruce Graham 0 Votes
I had a bad experince at Seekonk Aspen Dental too.
They tried to charge me over $800.00 for
root scaling and planing. I had a free second opinion
option with my insurance and went to
an independent periodontist. He charged me $140
and said I didn't need all the Arestin antibiotic they
add to the bills. I have researched
Aspen Dental and they overcharge for unnecessarry work as
a partof their business practice. Check your insurance
and BEWARE they will try to trick you.
I switched to Alpha Dental in
Fall River Ma. they are great there
no trying to over charge or scam
patients with unnecessary work.
 10th of Mar, 2008 by   Walter D 0 Votes
For most of 2007, I was trying to get billing issues resolved between Aspen Dental, and my Dental Insurance. Aspen did not seem to recognize the fact that my insurance had already paid for the work I had done.

Also, like many others, I was told that I have need for periodontal work, including Arestin treatments. My Dentist is great, but the business practices of Aspen Dental stink!
 6th of Apr, 2008 by   compassionate friend 0 Votes
I hope everyone takes note of this!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS. Yes, a private practice dentist may be more expensive, or out of network, but you will be treated kindly, humanely, fairly, and ETHICALLY by both the dentist and staff.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   arsenault 0 Votes
78 year old mother they did a payment plan... then after the work was complete... say she is not accepted in the payment plan... now demanding payment in full. sent in payment.. they sent back... stamped refused delivery... great job aspen deceptive practices against the elderly... please feel free to contact us.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I went to Aspen today as a new patient for a cleaning. I take very good care of my teeth. I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months. In the last few years, I had braces placed on my teeth. Per my former dentists, my teeth and gums are healthy and gorgeous. I go there today and get these painful x-rays. The bottom of my mouth is sore and raw from the x-ray appliances digging in there and they have some digital x-ray system, where you have to push the button everytime they leave the room. Well, when you are in agony from those appliances digging in your mouth, the last thing you want to remember is to push some stupid button! I'm the cutsomer here--why do I have to work so hard, especially when I am in pain? Anyhow, I get the x-rays, the hygenist and doc comes in. I just saw a dentist 6 months ago, and all my teeth were healthy. Now this doc states I have "4 brown spots that need to be shaved and fillings put in" (even though he didn't say it was a cavity, just a little brown spot) and this hygenist starts talking all this craziness about your gums have infection, etc... WHAT? You are saying my gums are infected? She then says they are not really infected, but just have bacteria on them that needs cleaned out. Okay. Whatever. Then she tells me I need this special cleaning that costs WAY more than my insurance would pay. This is the part that makes me mad---the asshole finanical guy gives me the bil minus insurance 780 dollars! Wait a minute--my teeth and gums are healthy, I just had a cleaning 6 months ago--What the hell! I told him I just wanted a regular cleaning and he said, "why even bother--you would be wasting your time if you don't get the special cleaning and you can say goodbye to your teeth" WHAT THE HELL kind of business is this, that they are using scare tactics to get people to get dental treatments. I refused service completely and told him I would talk to my insurance about it. I could tell that made him mad, he barely even said goodbye to me. What the hell is going on with the dental industry? They act like sleazy car salesmen!!! I will never go to Aspen Dental again. Pretty offices, but terrible procedures.
 10th of Dec, 2008 by   kim kunsman 0 Votes
I STARTED USING ASPEN DENTAL IN EASTON PA BECAUSE IT WAS CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE.BIG MISTAKE.I HAD A LOT OF WORK DONE AND EVERYTHING SEEMED FINE .UNTIL THEY DID A ROOT CANAL AND HAD TO PUT A BRIDGE ON BECAUSE I WAS MISSING A TOOTH.THEY HAD SHOWED ME WHAT I HAD TO PAY AND WHAT THE INSURANCE WAS GOING TO PAY. I PAID MY PART.THEN I KEPT RECIEVING A BILL FOR WHAT THE INSURANCE WAS TO PAY.CALLED THE OFFICE AND TOLD THEM THAT FOR MONTHS.THEN I STARTED GETTING CALLS FROM A COLLECTION AGENCY.TOLD THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON.THEY HARRASSED ME FOR TWO MONTHS.CALLED THE MAIN OFFICE FOR ASPEN IN NEW YORK.FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT.THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD PUT MY ACCOUNT ON HOLD SO THE COLLECTION AGENCY WOULD STOP CALLING.THEY LOOKED INTO MY ACCOUNT AND TOLD ME I GET A CREDIT.HAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER.THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE POSTED IN 3 TO 4 DAYS. I WAITED TO GET MY CREDIT CARD BILL TO FIND OUT THAT NO CREDIT WAS ISSUED.CALLED THE MAIN OFFICE TO LEAVE MANY MESSAGES FOR THEM TO CALL ME BACK ON THIS ISSUE.DAYS LATER I WAS LEFT A MESSAGE THAT THERE WAS NO REFUND AND NO NEED TO CALL BACK.MY ACCOUNT WAS CLEARED.I OWED THEM NOTHING THEY OWED ME NOTHING.
THEY ALSO HAD TO DO A REFERRAL FOR ME TO GO TO A SURGEON TO HAVE MY WISDOM TEETH PULLED.WENT TO THE SURGEON HAD MY WISDOM TEETH PULLED.I HAVE BEEN GETTING BILLS FROM THE SURGEONS OFFICE BECAUSE ASPEN NEVER GAVE THEM A REFERAL.I WENT TO ASPEN TO GET A COPY OF MY FILE .I WAS CHECKING THE PAPERWORK RIGHT IN THE OFFICE IN FRONT OF THE OFFICE MANAGER AND ASKING WHERE THE REFERAL WAS AND WHY THERE WAS NOTHING WRITTEN IN MY FILE.SHE TOLD ME THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A COPY OF THE REFERAL AND SHE WOULDN'T KNOW IF THEY SENT ME TO THE SURGEON.THEY DONT KEEP VERY GOOD RECORDS.SO HERE I AM GETTING SCREWED BY ASPEN ONCE AGAIN.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental 0 Votes
Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. Stephen, we sincerely apologize if your visit to our office was anything less. We want to do everything we can to address your concerns. I have forwarded your message to a member of our Patient Satisfaction team who will get back to you shortly. Stephen, we are committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you for letting Aspen Dental serve you.
 19th of May, 2009 by   sonya babcock 0 Votes
i went to aspen dental to get a tooth pulled. much to dismay aspen dental refused to help me due to credit. i was left with an infected tooth. they were going to charge me $3000.00 for tooth extract and implants. i found a dentist who is willing to help me and work with me for about $700.00. My new dentist feels they should be shut down for the way they practice and people need to report them to the state. i will never see aspen agian. they left me with a painful mouth because i did not suit them and/or qualify as a human being. I will never reccomend aspen to anyone. i will try to keep people out of aspen dental. you suck. the best way to hurt a business is by word of mouth.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   flai +1 Votes
I have the same problem with Aspen (differenct offices) One office tries to fill a cavity that isn't there.. told me that they would not clean my teeth unless I come in for the cavity. I made the appointment, went in and was about to get that cavity filled but the very last minute, the dentist mentioned that she was about to work on this upper tooth. Wait! I was told that I needed a filling for a bottom tooth and that's the sensitive area! Okay now they say I don't have cavities..I just have bad gums. Cleaned my teeth for 15 minutes and then tried to charge 130. They didn't even tell me it was going to cost extra. Everytime I go in, they tried to tell me I need to pay them for some extra service and the amount is different everytime. My insurance pays for reg cleaning but they told me that they can not give me reg cleaning. I don't know... it felt like regular cleaning to me and it only lasted 15 minutes. I had reg cleaning from another practice that lasted close to an hour and they did a better job without charging extra. I would not go back to this place again.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   Previous aspen patient +1 Votes
I too believe that Aspen Dental is out for their own best business interests and not that of their patients. It is an assembly line practice that uses deceptive tactics on their patients to bring up the costs--like they do an evaluation first before they will even clean your teeth. That is the first clue to watch out for. After this, they then tell you their plan which ends up being thousands of dollars. This appears to br preditatory in many ways. I researched this company on the Internet. I was surprised by the number of negative publicity they have acquired since 1964. If I could give anyone considering them as their dentist this one piece of advice, is to do your homework, and better yet, stay away from them. Factory mentality has long been abolished. Aspen needs to totally cleanup their act. I laugh when I listen to their ads now because they are pure rhetoric and nothing more. BEWARE...
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   t j moore +1 Votes
I just left Aspen dental in Fort Myers, FL, my third trip there to get a crown on a tooth that I lost a filling in. The first trip, exrays only, second trip a build up for the crown (a temp filling), the third, today, i signed in and asked if everything was on time today. the receptionest told me they were running 45 minutes late. I told her i would be back in 45 minutes then, at that time the office manager who had been evesdroping said I wouldn't do that...just have a seat and we'll get to you. unhappily I did, so they wouldn't cancel my appointment. 45 minutes later, the receptionest asked me to come to the desk, and informed me they were canceling the appointment, and that I would have to reschedual for sometime next week. i asked why, and she told me that someone had to have some extractions, and they were not going to have time for me today!
I got loud, asked for a refund of the $100 I had already paid, they laughed and said I had no refund comming! I informed them I would contact my insurance company, and left planning on never darking aspen's door again. when i got home, i called the insc company, and was informed that aspen had over charged me, and I would have to contact them for a refund. after reading this forum, I won't hold my breath for a refund, it won't suprise me to get a bill from these rip-off artists!
TAKE MY ADVICE--DO NOT GO TO ASPEN DENTAL--
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   peter keenan +1 Votes
I have had nothing but problems with Aspen Dental since I had a tooth extracted over two weeks ago. Right before the extraction the oral surgeon stated that there was a cyst above the tooth. He stated this should not cause a problem and that it was okay to proceed with the extraction. We did so and I had a vasovagal response in the office and ended up tipped on my head with oxygen on. After 15 minutes they told me it was safe to drive myself home. The oral surgeon then handed me two prescriptions for medication, both of which I am allergic to. I was then handed other prescriptions once I said something. After five days I developed a horrible sinus infection, had to have a CT scan, pay an emergency room fee, start high dose double antibiotics and was referred to an Ear Nose and Throat specialist. I saw the specialist, paid another fee, and was told it was directly related to the tooth. Aspen dental is not willing to take any responsibility for this. Not only did they not call the day after my procedure to see how I was recovering, in my follow up visit they stated their was no infection now, would not take any responsibility for the issue, and told me just to finish the anitibiotics. I still have a terrible taste in my mouth, which the surgeon told me "can happen" and still have sinus tenderness with a terrible taste when I breathe deep through my nose. I have called the corporate office twice and am still waiting for a call back from the regional manager.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   Pissed in Mt. Pleasant +1 Votes
Sure wish we'd have checked for comments BEFORE going to Aspen Dental (in Mt. Pleasant, MI). We have experienced the same type of things as most people are posting - being WAY overcharged for things that were not supposed to be done or weren't part of our insurance plan. My husband has been charged over $400 for what was supposed to be a routine 6-month cleaning & xray. They made him pay before he was even taken back to the exam room. The bill wasn't broken down, so he didn't know exactly what he was being charged for. Now we find out that it was all "extras" that Aspen did on their own, that they knew that our insurance wouldn't cover. On his third visit (third - because they only did one procedure per visit), he walked out and chose not to continue with their services. He has since returned to his dentist for the cleaning that he never received at Aspen, in the two visits he had there. We will continue to voice our disapproval locally to anyone contemplating ASPEN DENTAL. Shame on you ASPEN.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   kelcandybevers +1 Votes
Aspen Dental is the worse place to choose if you truly ever wish to have a REAL smile again. I went there for treatment a year ago and had all my upper teeth extracted from their recommendation. The procedure was traumatic and horrible and I was not impressed with the dental care post op either. My dentures have NEVER fit after numerous visits to have them attempt to make them better. I sent my daughter to Aspen Dental for care in the past year also. She had one tooth repaired at the cost of almost 1200.00. Since she is not making a lot of money, she went through Care Credit company and they approved her dental care if I co-signed. Since her one tooth was done, my daughter and I both have recieved harassing phone calls up to 5 times a day from Care Credit in regards to her bill. They even hang up on me after I take the calls when they ask my name. I called Care Credit and asked to speak to a manager and reported the harassment and abuse daily from that company. I called Aspen Dental and informed them of the harassment and bad care of my daughters tooth which now falls out daily when she eats any foods. She is afraid she is going to swallow her tooth the supposedly fixed. Aspen Dental says they have no control over Care Credit. Excuse me, but if you use a company should they not be supporting the credit company they recommend you use when you have no money to pay for dental care? I told Aspen Dental I will never recommend them and nor will me or my family members ever used Aspen Dental again. Worse care and even worse Credit harassment of bill that is not even past due!!!
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   SpeakUpTv 0 Votes
Hello,

We should never have to encounter the kind of business Aspen Dental is currently operating. When I had gone in for a consultation, I was quoted over $4, 000.00 which they said I could use CareCredit to pay off. Fortunately, I knew that I didn't need the amount of work they told me I needed and walked away. This doesn't go for everyone however and that is what I would like to change.

Aspen Dental's unethical practices need to be exposed to the public so we can preserve health care. Making money should never be the bottom line and I hope that we can interview enough people to prove how that can be a dangerous motive for any health care profession.

Please join us in this good fight. If you would like to share your story and help educate others what lies behind Aspen Dental's hook, "Free X-Rays", then please get in touch with me. There are many things you can do to help us! If you would like to join our cause, please contact me at speakuptv@ymail.com ...

Also, I would like to disclose that I AM NOT in any way, shape or form affiliated with Aspen Dental. I am a free agent working on the behalf of and for the people.

This needs to stop as soon as possible and the only way is if we do this together.

Sincerely,
TJ
(concerned CT resident)
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   bad business practices 0 Votes
I had a tooth pulled at Aspen Dental Seekonk in 2009, it was a scheduled visit and I paid my portion of the bill $32.oo upon leaving th office the day of the service. Months later I recieved a bill from Aspen Dental for $110.00. Not sure why I was being charged again, I first called my Dental insurance provider, who assurred me everything that should have been covered was taken care of. I called Aspen Dental to find out what the charge was for, and I was told because this was an "EMERGENCY" visit there were extra charges. Even though they clearly could verify that it was not an emergency visit they refused to change the billing and resubmit. I refused to pay, and then recieved a letter from a lawyer in 2010 to collect the $110.oo I explained the situation to the lawyer, and I was instructed to submit a letter of dispute. I just recieved a phone call today from a collection agency threatening to report this bill to the credit bureau if it was not paid today. So 2 years later against my better judgment, I broke down and paid the bill . I WILL be spreading the word about Aspen Dental's unethical billing practices.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   1999Anonymous 0 Votes
I went to aspen dental today, and was quoted $1400 for a scaling/planing, including the arestin and that was MY COST after insurance -- which BTW, lists scaling and planing at $94 per quadrant. So, they wanted to charge me $1000 for some antibiotics, mouthwash and an electric toothbrush I can buy online for $85. Even if you throw in the cost of a numbing agent, this quote is so way out of line, its not even funny. RIP OFF.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   yolanda mojica 0 Votes
My name is yolanda and went to cheimsford aspen dental free consultation i have emergency my gum was inflamation and feel the bad breath, and was a person spanish one the secretary or receptionista, the another person take care me we all respect some person forget where theyre coming from believe it feel proud from your roots.went then call me for x rays hurt a little and she said im sorry but went SHE [x rays employee]bring to dentist RUBY was diferent history DR dentist treated fell desgating like asco despreciada like garbage unprofesional include told me I have 152 high .presion that isn't was truth them try cover up the digital hig presion the x rays lady put to me with the cover them put me on .and I up to see my presion was normal and the DENTIST RUBY want me going to the hospital the dr put me iv [went dr take blood and put mediction too] .believe it went i used live in woburn went to hospital and them put me tht iv some try the wet that to me and I found watch a soap that can bring worse my health went the real dr was told never wet the iv.only i put ejample and truth was real happened to me before.come back to aspen dental i ask a question to the dentist she give the back to me and ansewer um hum that isn;t profesional we all respect the denist deserve, dentist RUBY give a prescription and no detail nothing dentist explained to me about that prescription .and i was clear with the dentist i no have pain.and Iam honest person dentist RUBY care and concern i give to her 3 point in the survey N.Y.ASPEN send me .THE dentist RUBY want be sure i undertand what she said to me and bring spanish girl was in the lobby and the spanish girl still no want speak spanish include went i was too with ROBERT the maneger .and yours know what i found went my son and me pick up the prescription me in this time went i read the information and detail about antibiotic and pain pill not can take that together can bring you a wrng reation, the pain pill can give you a attack [heart] a stroke, a ulcera. a diarrea.and please the DR RUBY DIDN''T GIVE DETAIL, EXPLAIN TO YOLANDA MOJICA NOTHING, DR RUBY WE ALL RESPECT YOU DESERVE AND ASPEN DENTAL YOU FAIL IN YOU ETHIC PROFESIONAL AND IS HOPE YOUR CORRECT YOURS MISTAKE AND YOURS REJECT TO SEE ME AGAIN BECAUSE YOURS WANT THE 580 dollars in full went i called to aspen dental in cheimsford after finish my antibiotic.believe it health is priority and yours ethic profesional them money and i have a emergency and include i read a harvard medical book and believe it yours fail like dentist and yours ethic profesional fail too we all respect yours deserve please correct yours mistake.and me copy the survey i ask and this letter too please.thanks you.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   nitrodog13 0 Votes
Aspen Dental is interested in one thing and one thing only...your money. DO NOT go to an Aspen Dental anywhere. They will rip you off and charge you an arm and a leg for shoddy dentures. They are interested in volume only, not quality. They will give you the fake smiles and treat you nice while they are stabbing you in the back with unneeded dental work. Do not, ... DO NOT trust any thing anyone in the whole office tells you, they are manipulating you and quite frankly I don't see them in operation much longer due to all the complaints I've seen and heard. That would be a good thing
 3rd of Dec, 2011 by   Belinda Davila-Torres 0 Votes
I went to Aspen Dental because my filling came out & was in so much pain. Mind you, the prior dentist said that my bottom teeth are strong & healthy. Dr. Popa told me that I needed to get rid of three of my lower teeth & replace it with cap. I told him that I only wanted a root canal, which was needed & filling. Dr. Popa @ Ridge & off Brookpark did the opposite. He filed down my teeth to where it was no more. Had no choice, but to get the caps. On top of that, because my dental insurance is $2500 a year, I had to take out a loan through Chase for the other $1010. Now, I also had another bad teeth on the right side & Dr. Popa ignored & never mentioned that tooth. I just went to a different dentist yesterday for that bad tooth. Aspen Dental a one total rippoff place. My mother went to them & they told her that she needed over $7, 000 for dental work. Could not believe this!!! They are getting away with this as well! They need to shut this office down, because my mother is an elderly lady & they are taking advantage of these type of people!

3 Ways Lenders Spy on You