logo

Professional Recovery Consultants
Suspicious/Harrassing Phone Calls
3. (11 mins ago)
MetLife Disability Insurance
Defrauded by disability MetLife insurer!
4. (13 mins ago)
Debt collections

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental, Rochester, New York Complaints & Reviews - charging for services not rendered

Aspen Dental Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental

Posted:    Gail

charging for services not rendered

Aspen Dental
Rochester, New York
I went to Aspen Dental to have a cracked tooth repaired in December of 2008. After x-rays, and a dental examination I was told Ihad numerous cavities and 4 teeth that would probably need root canals and crowns. After filing for cedit through CareCredit I was told the total of my bill would be over $2700. After having the initial root canal done, I cancelled the rest of the procedures because this was too much debt for me to incur, being on a fixed income. They said find, they would put it in my file that the rest of the procedures were cancelled. In February I received a bill from CareCredit for the total amount for all the procedures! I contacted Aspen Dental about this and they said they would reimburse CaeCredit for the amount not used.Not only did they not cancel the rest of the amount OR reimburse CareCredit, but they had never filed the claim with my insurance company. In February my insurance carrier sent them $1000 to be reimbursed to CareCredit-it is now March and CareCredit tells me they have still not been reimbursed by Aspen Dental, my insurance carrier is probably out $1000.00. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office within the next few days. I was always under the impression that it was NOT legal to charge someone for services not rendered!
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental 0 Votes
At Aspen Dental, we are committed to providing all of our patients with great service and care. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your visit to our office. We advise all of our patients to first call the Office Manager at the Aspen Dental office where they were treated and, if the situation is still not resolved, to call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at 1-866-273-8606 or email us at patientservices@aspendent.com. We’ll promise to respond to you as quickly as possible, but no more than two business days from your initial contact with us. Again, we are committed to your total satisfaction and will do everything we can to make sure you are pleased with your Aspen Dental experience.

Allie
 21st of Apr, 2012 by   Samanth 0 Votes
Does insurance fraud ring a bell here!!! They use scare tactics to get you to to take out a loan for services that you may or may not need and charge the whole amount of what they quoted even if the services were performed or not. Unscrupulous business practices to say the least. Say away from this place. CONSIDER YOURSELF WORNED!! DON'T WALK RUN, FROM THIS PLACE

Nigerian Fraud