logo

Topix.com
Topix.com Commits fraud!
2. (6 mins ago)
Texas Road House
Horrible service/ poop fly in my food
3. (11 mins ago)
White Label Dating
Fake account
4. (50 mins ago)
Match.com
Unauthorized charge and debit from my credit card
5. (52 mins ago)
BMW Automobile Company UK
Fake lottery winning ...

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental, Mansfield, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Dishonest, poor work and customer service

Aspen Dental Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental

Posted:    Cathy

Dishonest, poor work and customer service

Aspen Dental
795 Lexington Springmill Rd., Mansfield, Ohio
Mansfield, Ohio
Phone: (419)522-1386
aspendent.com
I totally agree with all the complaints on this forum. I started my nightmare with them last Feb. and it continues. They have ripped both me and my insurance company off in just about every way that is mentioned: fit, cost, billing my insurance co. for teeth I don't have, and would never accept! Refused to reimburse them...Do what I have done, contact your State's Attorney General, the Better Business Buearu, your insurance company and let them know what is going on!!! These people are the worst of the worst when it comes to corporate greed! Even contact your local news stations. One contacted me after I sent a letter out to my Attorney General, and I CANT WAIT to see the investigative news story they are doing on these theives! Enough is enough...sure do hope they don't ask for any of the bailout money these other corporations are asking for!
By the way, if anyone is aware of an attorney in the Ohio area who is willing to bring a class action suit against these theives, please let me know, I'LL BE THERE!
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2008 by   Cathy +1 Votes
Sorry, it was last November that my nightmare started!
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Ourfriend747 0 Votes
8/4/2009 11:58 AM

I had a dental hygiene follow up appointment today with Aspen Dental in Orange CT. The first thing they told me was that before I could get the follow up, that I had to pay for an balance due of $111.00 or more for the follow up. I disagreed because I had agree to paid up front the entire amount for the treatment of removing all my upper teeth and having a denture made to replace them, along with a lower bridge, adjustment follow ups and the dental hygiene procedures and one follow up for that procedure. I specifically told the accountant to give me on paper the details and cost of all that had to be done, before I even agreed to have the work done, which she did give me a spread sheet, with all the details.

I told her that I did not want any surprise fees later and specifically told them that I needed a specific type of pain medication after having all my teeth pull, which they did not comply with until I got angry and demanded for my original request to be comply with. I even brought in my primary care Dr's. Name from the V.A. so they could contact him as to my pain tolerance and why I needed that specific pain relief medication. They recommended me to take aspirin or over the counter pain relievers, which I new from paste experience that it was not going to relief my pain.

Before I got any treatment at all I paid upfront $1500.00 and then after paid $890.60 total of 2445.60. The accountant that spoke to who was not the same person I spoke to originally was rude and frankly did not know how to treat a paying customer and told me to leave if I was not going pay what I owed.

I still have follow up appointment for the denture adjustments which was also included in the original price. When I paid up the $890.60 I asked if that was it and the girl said yes, that I was all paid up. Considering that the spread sheet she originally gave me, plus discounts it totaled to $2980.00. According to the original accountant I was supposedly fully paid at 2444.60. The difference of the quote on the spread sheet from what I paid is a discrepancy of $534.40 which does not jive with the amount quoted this morning of $111.00 that I was required to pay for that follow up which is indicated on my page receipt for next appointment which was today of $27.00. How do you figure?

The dentist's recommendation was that I have all my bottom teeth also pull and have a denture made to replace them. I adamantly said not, so they suggested that I have a bottom bridge made for the missing teeth which were only two. I really felt that I did not need a bottom bridge, but they convinced me; after all they are the professionals. Now this partial bridge is a piece of some type of composite Acrylic material with two wires and two artificial teeth. The fit is horrible, because it constantly comes loose and I can not eat properly with it and my speech becomes slur when I talk with them on.
 24th of May, 2010 by   K-Private 0 Votes
I have not had any bad experiences with them; only been there once time thus far. No work done yet but this forum is scaring me at bit.
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   dan demaris 0 Votes
Aspen Dental in Vancouver, WA is a rip off place. I recently went in there and saw a dentist, DDS Karl Smith, for what was presented to me as a totally free Exam and X-Rays. Turns out they billed my insurance. When I spoke to them they promised to refund all the money to the insurance company. Now, about 10 days later, they want me to pay the $115 that the insurance company denied. I will send them a letter of demand to return the money or I will sue them for fraud and pour workmanship.
 4th of May, 2011 by   Natchez 0 Votes
This place is the most unprofessional, I have ever seen in my life.They fail on all levels, customer service sucks, there is none as a matter of fact, they treat you like crap, Not concerned about sterilization techniques.Everyone has perio problems and needs to have high dollar cleanings, the only procedures that the assistants along with the hygenists know is how to be rude to you while discussing other peoples accounts and dental problems, and they are so full of themselves that they don't even care that you are sitting right there.So needless to say they are not giving alot of their attention to you and your needs as a pt. and that is their job.I don't know how this place is aloud to stay in buisness.
 3rd of May, 2012 by   NMartin 0 Votes
THEY ARE TERRIBLE! After two years, several phone calls, and explanation of benefits forms given to Aspen Dental in Mansfield they are still trying to collect money that was discounted by contract from our insurance carrier. They are a scam!! Reporting to BBB and Attorney General's office of Ohio.
 17th of Jul, 2012 by   privateyegirl 0 Votes
Please join the class action lawsuit being filed. We need your testimony. You can email me at Researchpartners@verizon.net.
I am a paralegal and private investigator working on the case.

Avoid 12 Scams of Christmas