logo

Texas Holdem Poker
chips stolen
2. (22 mins ago)
Royal Elite
Misrepresentation at Sandos Royal Elite (SCAM)
3. (27 mins ago)
SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE OF LFG

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews - Scam and dishonesty!

Aspen Dental Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental

Posted:    Sarah

Scam and dishonesty!

Aspen Dental
I recently moved to Keene, NH and found that Aspen Dental is the only dentist in town covered by my insurance. The staff seems very nice, but they told me I needed a special cleaning (it was really unpleasant) which I have never been told by my other dentists; gave me a mechanical toothbrush I don't need; and charged me $800 on a $1500 bill despite the fact that my insurance covers 80%. I talked to them and they said if my insurance pays more they will reimburse me after all payments are received. I am feeling REALLY uncomfortable about the whole situation. Are they padding my bill and performing procedures that I don't need? Beware!
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2008 by   mistygirl06374 0 Votes
They are supposed to have someone in their office that can verify benefits and once they verify benefits, they should bill ur insurance and only charge u the 20%. Esp. if they are preferred providers with ur insurance. They agree to accept their allowable fees and you are responsible for your copays.

If u paid this upfront and they receive 80% pay from ur insurance... U WILL NEVER SEE THE OVERPAID AMOUNT BACK. I can guarantee that. They can't even tell you what they do with a credit balance.. the money seems to disappear.

I don't know what they do with it, but something is dead wrong herbe. IN a fraudulent way.

Usually when a business practices in this manner, criminal activity is involved. Didn't say they are guilty of criminal activity. But I would love for 1, just 1 person employed in the office to explain why NO MATTER WHAT, YOU CAN'T GET A PRINTOUT OF ACTIVITYTHAT REFLECTS BOTH YOUR CREDIT BALANCE AND THE CHARGES IN DESCENDING ORDER OF WHEN IT HAPPENED.

IT SHOULD BE AS EASY AS PUSHING A BUTTON. THEN PRIN T OUT THE TRANSACTIONS OF PAYMENT FROM THE INSURANCES AGAINST UR BALANCES.

But yet, they refuse to do so. Or are too retarded to understand THE LAW ENTITLES YOU TO SEE THE WHOLE PROCESS AND SEE EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION, ALL TOGETHER.

It's not optional for them. BY LAW, THEY ARE OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE EACH AND EVERY PATIENT WITH FULL ACCOUNTABILITY AND THEY DON'T. THEY PRETEND THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU ASK FOR THE FUCKING THING.

THIS TELLS ME THEY HAVE LOTS TO HIDE.....IT ALSO TELLS ME I WON'T PUT UP WTH IT.

Let them bill me again without sending me every single transaction in the last 3 years and I will talk to EVERY MEDIA OUTLET IN NEW ENGLAND AND WON'T STOP UNTIL TV STATIONS AND NEWSPAPERS ARE CAMPED ON EVERY ASPEN DENTAL PARKING LOT FOR MILES AROUND.

Something is more than a little wrong with the way they do business. I just wonder if the lady I talked to today was high off the dental gas or what.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Sheila 0 Votes
Had total extractions done on 9/27/2007. Received a "temp" set of dentures immediately. The bottoms are too big and I cannot chew. Aspen will NOT replace or redo so they sit in a jar and have for 6 mos., they insist that when I get my "permanent" dentures in 6 mos. they will be GREAT!! Well 6 mos. has passed and I am in the final stages of the process. Have been fitted for my "permanent" denture, am NOT satisfied with the way they look or feel, the bottom teeth still look to be too large for my mouth and bite, but the dentist says "Don't worry, we have other methods to secure them..."implants" is what he suggests...(doesn't seem to care that when I walk away from my visit my bottom teeth do not stay in and they are once again in the jar at home, but they can do "implants" for about $2, 000 for the bottom teeth only. H'mmm. Because I am not satisfied with the results or the temp dentures, and cannot get them to re-fit the bottom denture (they cannot understand I want to use them as temp back-ups in case the permanent dentures break, etc) they refuse to understand my need for dentures that fit properly. These are my FIRST dentures, therefore, it has been a learning process...and NOT a good one! I have since cancelled by permanent dentures and am fighting for a credit on the total bill of $6, 800. Wish me luck! And stay away from these Inept, con-artists who never understand English, except when you are deciding whether or not to get dentures (which they guarantee 100% satisfaction... They are the worst!!!
 20th of Mar, 2008 by   @aol.com 0 Votes
Contact the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's Office and Medical Board within your state. You can also contact your insurance company's FRAUD department if you feel that this is happening. Insurance companies would entertain a fraud investigation for sure. I don't know anyone's age but if Medicare or Medicaid has been billed for services, you can contact that office to file a formal complaint with the government about Aspen. It's really saying something about Aspen when their own employees can't believe how awful the services are that people are receiving from Aspen and actually say this.
 18th of Apr, 2008 by   mary.m 0 Votes
In 12/5/2006 i went to have my front teeth check for sensitivity.i think somewhere in between it was translated that i needed an x-ray, white filling and some cleaning, i ended up paying $300 cash after the insurance.i had all my back teeth drilled, broken and stuffed with white paste. three weeks laiter i was schedule a free cleaning which you normally get every twice a year but my cleaning was more like digging and scooping, ( beware of the hygienist)they had done a full mouth debridment without my knowledge, on my way out they handed me a rotodent eletric tooth brush and wished me merry chrismas. that left me more puzzled, i should have known they were too good to be true. a week laiter when i came back for the final filling when my mouth was nice and numb they handed me a$250 bill for the rotodent brush and full mouth debridment.i had paid a sum of $2000 including my insuarance, they had tried to bill my insuarnce for the cleaning, and got denied So they billed me instead.i returned there brush and yet they still bill me for the cleaning, they insist they were not in fault since the receptionistthat was there who had quit the following day supposedly should have informed me of the cleaning.how about the hygienist ? shouldn, t she have told me before shoving that rake in my mouth. i think aspen knows it has a very bad un-reversable reputation and soon to be wiped out, its trying to take everyone down no matter what. CAUTION. STAY OUT.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental 0 Votes
Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. Sarah, we sincerely apologize if your visit to our office was anything less. We want to do everything we can to address your concerns. I have forwarded your message to a member of our Patient Satisfaction team who will get back to you shortly. Sarah, we are committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you for letting Aspen Dental serve you.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   jc123 0 Votes
I totally agree. I went to have teeth cleaned..came out and the receptionist told me I needed to pay 130 since it was a special cleaning (perio).. but it felt like a regular cleaning that lasted 15 mins. Yes they gave me lots of attitude. Turns out my insurance paid them a big portion. I was there again for a regular cleaning but again they refused to give me a regular cleaning so I had to pay for the more expensive one. I got on the phone to verify right then and there that I only had to pay a portion. I paid that amount and the receiptionist assure me that I would not get a bill. Of course I got another bill. I called them several times..now 4 months later I got this letter from a collection agency! I paid the amount upfront that day! Now they're so greedy that they don't even care about ruining people's credit. My family is staying away from them and you should too!
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   The Thumper +1 Votes
Did it ever occur to you that you're all just a bunch whiney little bitches and need something to complain about? What do you think dentistry is? You have to mold a set of dentures to someones mouth, it's not perfect on the first try. You had to pull your rotten teeth out and make a set of dentures for all your dirty filthy mouths. If you brushed your teeth to begin with you wouldn't be in this situation.

Can I Afford This House?