logo

Projects Abroad
No adult supervision!
3. (43 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com
4. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
EXACTUS INFOTECH SOLUTION PVT LTD
Fraud placement service
5. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Oneplan Medical Insurance
Not authorizing my sons operation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen contracting Inc, Charlotte, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Poor Integrity of the Sales representative

Aspen contracting Inc Contacts & Informations

Aspen contracting Inc

Posted: 2012-02-05 by    unfortunateevent

Poor Integrity of the Sales representative

Aspen contracting Inc
Charlotte, North Carolina
Phone: 877-463-0441
RoofsByAspen.com
Never trust the sale representative 'FRANKIE PRIMA' of Aspen Contracting Inc in Charlotte. He is not trustworthy. He approached to my husband and asked how much our deductible cost and then promised that there would be no money out of our pocket. Then the next day he came and asked for the copy of the insurance approval letter and told me the adjuster made a mistake and was missing some claims . He asked me to sign an agreement, I didn't want to sign at the first place but he said there was the only way he could represent me to talk to my insurance company to get the missing claim. There was no obligation to stick with his company but he said that there would be NO MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET if we got this roof replacement job. Then he promised to call back asap. But he didn't call until I called him a week later. He said he was too busy but later I found out he was playing a trick because the agreement only be canceled within 72 hrs. He told me he cannot get the extra money from the insurance company but anyway he promised to replaced the roof with the same amount money that the insurance approved. But after the roof replaced, he asked for two checks, one is insurance's first check and the deductible. He denied his verbal promise and said there's nothing written on the agreement. He also threaten me to put my house under the lien, to sue me and make a report to the national insurance crime bureau...etc. And then he told me it is against the law if he promised to waive the deductible. Before him there were couple of roof contractors approached to us trying to get the job and they all provided the discounts to waive the deductible too. I checked the reputation of Aspen contracting over the internet and there were some complaints against them too. I strongly regret signing that paper. They are not trustworthy at all.
Comments United States Roofing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2012 by   Pat Nussbeck 0 Votes
IT is illegal for a homeowner to profit off a insurance loss, every homeowner has a contract with their insurance company that states they will pay their deductible when a loss occurs. We have that spelled out in our contract that the homeowners out of pocket expense is their deductible. We always make homeowners pay their deductibles. Frank Prima the sales rep originally talked to Mr. Cheung on 10/20 about doing repairs, we then on 10/24 talked to wife(Ngar-kimmy Shum) whom is the policy holder on the house not Mr. Cheung. We went over everything with her and dealt with her since she was the policy holder. We completed all the work and picked up the 2 payments that the homeowner had received from the insurance company. No matter whom the homeowner would have do the work they would have had to pay their deductible, a contract has to invoice the insurance company when the work is completed and state the total $ figure they have received or will be receiving. If its lower than the original amount set forth by the insurance company then the insurance company takes that amount off the final check they send to the homeowner, still leaving the homeowner with the deductible for the out of pocket.
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   unfortunateevent 0 Votes
If the sale rep. Frankie Prime didn't mention to waive the deductible, we wouldn't expect that they would take off the deductible after the job was done. How can you bargain after the roof was done. He said there was nothing mention in the agreement.(If he knew that was illegal) Then they told you there's nothing they can do for you unless you paid the deductible. After I told his boss about how tricky this guy was and she felt sorry about it too. Before him, there were couple roof contractors offering discount toward the deductible. Did they illegal offer me the discount toward the deductible? Why should I take him but not the other contractors? They know better than we do. Frankie just do his best to TRICK you and get the work. Be Caution about this guy!!!
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   Cheung186 0 Votes
Pat Nussbeck--If you are friend or family member of Frank Prima, I don't want to say anything! If you're his boss or supervisor, I strongly recommend that you need to be more positively making the correction and educate your employee to do the business!! A bad apple can ruin up the reputation of a company.
 18th of Apr, 2013 by   knowledgeable insider 0 Votes
I have worked for that family and have met very many current and former aspen employees. Let me tell you that these were the most morally bankrupt, greedy, dishonest, and plain sleazy group of people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I'm not a pissed off consumer. I'm a former employee. Just research your contractor and whatever you do. DO NOT hire Aspen contracting!!! The storm chaser's business model has not been around terribly long and its days are numbered. Many states are passing laws to protect consumers from their scamming tactics and insurance companies are cracking down too as they are also victims of these types of "roofing contractors."
 17th of May, 2013 by   inside voice 0 Votes
I wouldn't let Aspen Contracting put a roof on my dog's house if they paid me to do it. These people know nothing about roofing. Their salespeople (if you want to call them "people") are a bunch of drunk and addicted criminals and their crews are illegal. If you hire Aspen Contracting to build your roof you will pay more than the market value, you will get an inferior roof that leaks every time it rains, you will fight an endless and losing battle to have it repaired and even if you are lucky enough to have one of these clowns come repair it they will simply squirt several tubes of roofing cement here and there and expect it to last 20 years. The biggest joke of a contractor there is. They deserve to lose every penny they've stolen from the tens of thousands of victims they've built roofs for. In fact, the founders and owners deserve to be behind bars. Absolutely disgusting!!!
 24th of May, 2014 by   patty-p 0 Votes
Aspen is SCAM contracting company out of Missouri. They are storm chasers they Aspen knocked on my door aggressively I answered and right away the guy told me I had storm related damages on my siding and roof, they could take care of that for me without a dime out of my pocket that they will deal with my insurance and I didn't have to do anything and I stopped this very talkative guy with one question, how do you know I have damages to my home if you haven't inspected yet. He's answer they're doing the entire East Cost and  my subdivision was the worst hit, that all my neighbors were using them. It's a shame what people will do for the mighty Dollar...
 18th of Jul, 2014 by   JCoeArt 0 Votes
What about Matt Horn of Aspen Contracting Inc?

FBI Raid on Foreclosure Scam Artists