logo

FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ashton Woods Homes, Orlando, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Bad ethics, dishonest

Ashton Woods Homes Contacts & Informations

Ashton Woods Homes

Posted: 2011-01-12 by    Mojo-jojo

Bad ethics, dishonest

Ashton Woods HOmes
Orlando, Florida
As a former employee with Ashton Woods I can tell you that the care more about the bottom line than being green. Go to their job sites, and see all the waste.. A green builder? I think not. If they spent more time focusing on an honest product, and honest business practices they wouldn't waste so much money on bad marketing, and a shotty product that people dont want to buy anymore.

At the end of the day, the business is run my a bunch of hiper-republican jerks that want more money in their pockets, and brush problems under the rug until they turn into HUGE issues, and then they lay-off 12 people at a time every 2 years to compensate for all the BIG-wigs poor planning.

If you believe in supporting ethical companies, don't support this one. Your money is better spent on a company that is honest, reliable, and doesn't solely focus on the bottom line, Ashton Woods Homes bottom line is Upper managers making more money at the expense of their employees working too many jobs at once, and falsely representing their product with pretty marketing schemes..

The proof is at the job sites.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2012 by   L624 +1 Votes
I once interviewed for a job for Ashton Woods Homes in Houston, and the interviewer was totally unprofessional. I'm not the type to protest for feminism, but I was treated appallingly. I honestly don't know why he called me in, except to be able to say he interviewed a woman, although he made it very clear that my uterus meant he had no intention of considering me for the job. He actually asked me if I was going to be able to deal with subcontractors without crying! Then, he proceeded with, "Now I know these questions are illegal, but I want to know. Are you married and do you have any children?" UNBELIEVABLE. Clearly the hiring practices and ethics of this company are questionable at best.
 13th of May, 2012 by   Daphne1961 +1 Votes
You are right! I am watching them build several new buildings (2012) in my Florida subdivision and I have noticed a huge amount of wasted materials. I have also noticed the poor building materials they use in the construciton of their homes and townhomes.

They use a great deal of pressed wood and just a tiny bit of real lumber in the center of the roof. For the most part, the entire 2nd floor (walls & roof) of their buildings are made of pressed wood which is known to warp and rot. Some of the earlier buildings (2010) in the complex are showing signs of rotting, cracking, and warping..

They know exactly what they are doing. Build them cheap and leave the consumer hanging years later. They painted darker colors over the buildings with problems, but they still look like varicose veins on the exterior.

Everyone needs to speak up and put them on notice. Only then will changes take place. Tabitha
 23rd of May, 2012 by   allaboutthemoney +1 Votes
Ashton Woods in Austin lies!
We were under a contingency contract to build a town home with them. The first lie we caught was when we tried to upgrade our microwave. The upgraded microwave was an outrageous amount. When we brought this up they said they had forgotten to credit for the standard one. How many other buyers did they "forget" to credit. This also happened when we wanted to add a decorative band of tile in the secondary shower. The original quote was $150 a linear square foot! When we brought this to their attention they said they "forgot" to credit for the standard tile. They knocked the price down by half. The original tile was a cheap 6inch ceramic roughly $0.30 a piece. Finally the sales people assured us that they would give us a 48 hour notice if they recieved an offer to buy the home so we could decide if we would like to risk our $5, 000 deposit + $2200 option deposit or walk away. The call never came. Ashton Woods sold the home out from under us at an estimated $30, 000+ profit and will not return our option money. They are the greediest builder I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Not to mention the town home had the worst framing job I have ever seen.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   larryfamily 0 Votes
Very poor construction, skipped over some legally required portions of the inspection process by having an unseen sign-off on a block of homes in order to process faster and get them in under the bubble. Refused to work with pricing, misleading customers, did not perform correction of punch list items with exception of anything that could be fixed with caulk, which was about 6 items and poorly at that. I paid quite a bit extra for a flooring upgrade for approx 1000sq ft, I got flawed tiles which were probably in the cast-off bin for a reduced price, obvious manufacturing flaw repeated in each tile. Ductwork had to be redone after the fact by my own hire as well as insulation. Builder refused to address. Also found some evidence of using refurbished plumbing fixures such as the toilets and tub, not cheap to replace those. Drywall patched together instead of using a full sheet, you get the picture. As many things on a new home are simply fixed, I only wrote up the expensive, complex or structural things and still had two pages. Got caulk. Was threatened with legal action if I refused to close or went public. Wish I had. Maybe someone will read this now and know the underbelly of their beautiful model homes - you won't get that product.
 9th of May, 2013 by   Homeowner #4 0 Votes
I can't say that I was not warned...We also had a MAJOR issue with Ashton Woods ORLANDO and their reputation for false advertising and 'bait and switch'. They pulled us in by telling us that if we signed with them, they would rent our current home for 6-7 years - guaranteed income. We were approved and saved money for the deposit. We signed the contracts and then called the rental company and they said that Ashton Woods never contacted them for the paperwork and the guy that we were working with, of course, left the company!!! Ashton Woods dropped the ball big time and deliberately puts nothing in writing that they tell you - 2 mortgages is a lot to cover if we cannot guarantee that it can be rented. This was brought to the President of the company - Apparently, he doesn't want to honor the incentives of a previous rep or care if we walk away - but wants to keep our deposit, what?? We were told that everything was taken care of and approved - we didn't need to be involved any further. Because this incentive was not documented as being mentioned again by us at the contract phase (even though it was apparently not part of the main contract), they are declining it was ever said. We didn't think anything of it because it was through a 3rd party and we were told we were all set. We read this about them in the beginning, called them on it, and they said that they do not do business that way. Wrong!!! You are warned...We are trying to fight this but they want to keep our deposit...of course they do.
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   HoustonHomeBuyer +1 Votes
The WORST builder you could possibly try to buiild with or purchase from. We almost bought an Ashton Woods home in Lakes of Bella Terra (Richmond TX) and the sales guy, Jeff Blue also had a major case of 'bait and switch' accross the board. First off, with the price of the house, he told us one thing only to find out after we signed the contract and put our earnest money down, the price changed! We argued and fought back relentlessly and he finally agreed to pay the difference out of pocket. He was also unwilling to assist with order changes to the finishing touches of the house (backspash, bathroom tiles)-even though we offered to pay for the upgrades with Ashton woods ourselves!
We noticed that as soon as we put down our earnest money, we couldnt get a hold of Jeff, he stopped replying our emails, texts or phone messages when we tried to reach out with questions or concerns. He only reached out to us a few times when he wanted to talk about money issues or closing.
There were so many other things totally wrong about the way Ashton woods does business, we called the Corpoarate office to complain, left numerous messages and none of the management folks thought to call us back either. They clearly don't understand the importance of customer service! Needless to say, our closing date issues and disccusions became a nightmare, they were so pushy and shrewd and we were informed last minute that our house wouldn't include applicances that had already been agreed on previously. With these issues and a lot more of the horrible experience we had with them, we decided to back out of the deal and lose our earnest money. They have since relisted the property but wouldnt provide us with the contract cancellation document to sign despite our numerous attempts to do so. They are all about the bottom line, nothing more, nothing less! You have been warned, STEER CLEAR of Ashton Woods in Lakes of Bella Terra, they are souless, ruthless and will scam you of your time and hard earned money!
 30th of Oct, 2013 by   Tb_bucs_fan76 +1 Votes
All - we are actually going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau around fale advertisements and their bait and switch tactics! This is extreemly unethical and bad buisness! We are also considering legal action. If we pull together as a group we can make a difference. Please contact me at tb_bucs_fan76@yahoo.com if you would like to join the Better Business Bureau complaint. Once I am don't with my legal team I will also share information about the potential case.
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   Bad Ashton Woods 0 Votes
I too was misled by their sales agent / agents at the Fountain Parke community in Lake Mary . When the home site turned out to not be as represented on site map that they made me sign at contract, along with their agent signing, they would not move me . Said " we will retain all of your funds if you do not close . I walked . They sold the unit the very next day for full money and even laughed in front of me how Wanda Belaire was now getting the commission ILO Jacqu;ine Babcock . I contacted the AG office in Talahassie and being over 60 years of age got a tremendous amount of support . The matter was investigated from 8/2013, and completed 4/19 of this year . Investigator then sent to the state attorneys for the next step . That is where the matter is currently. Perhaps the arrogance of the likes of Mike Roche, the area VP of sales, may be finally challenged.

5 Options for Students Struggling with Loans