logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
3. (10 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
4. (12 mins ago)

Ashley Furniture

Posted: 2011-10-01 by    rippedoffbyashley

Junk furniture

Ashley Furniture
I bought TWO reclining sofas from the Ashley Furniture store in Springfield, MO. After one month of light use - the seat cushions were broken down junk. Their claim, "the seats conform to the bottom of the user." I am so sorry I wasted my hard earned cash buying furniture in this store. Their furniture is beautiful on the outside - if you don't plan on ever sitting on it. Not only were did we find the sofas to be made cheaply, not durable, but the physically are uncomfortable to sit in after ten minutes or so. I own two sofas that are not functional in the least bit.

Then, we have the issue of my salesman not being in the store the day I made my purchase. The "store manager" handled the transaction for us - assuring us that he would receive his commision ... he never did. Dishonesty from the manager is a real turn off.

Can't say I'd ever buy anything from them again!

Beware buyers! Their furniture is beautiful - but read their company reviews and heed them! In this economy, you want to spend your dollars and enjoy furniture that you can use and be comfortable in. Otherwise, you are just flushing your hard earned cash down the toilet.

WATCH OUT FOR THE STORE CREDIT! Check out those rates.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Feb, 2011 by   MCCANN 0 Votes
I bought a living room set from them. Not even a month after delivery the throw pillows started fraying. The back cushions looked like I had the furniture for 20 years. They were filled with batting and whenever someone sits on the furniture the batting bunches. The seat cushions are another issue. I called Ashley because the seat cushions were fraying. Not one but all. They sent a repair rep. to my home. He took pictures and told me someone from Ashley's will contact me. No one ever did. I called they and was informed they will not repair or replace any of the cushions it was determined the frays were caused by someone wearing a belt buckle.
I asked them when did they EVER see anyone wearing a belt buckle on the rear-end.
I will never buy another product from Ashley and I tell everyone never to buy from them. They sell junk and do not back up their product.

Senators Clash on Consumer Protection