logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
united lending services
was guaranteed a loan for $35 but was denied. I want my money back.
2. (1 mins ago)
Abercrombie, Hollister
Descrimination against heathy sized girls
3. (8 mins ago)
Berkline
Terrible everything
4. (19 mins ago)
payexim.com
Don’t send them money – they don’t exchange them
5. (34 mins ago)
Thesis writing
Not professionals

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

As Seen On TV Complaints & Reviews - Please do not buy from them!

As Seen On TV Contacts & Informations

As Seen On TV

Posted:    Valerie

Please do not buy from them!

As Seen On TV
www.AsSeenOnTV.com
I ordered a product from this company for christmas. When i ordered it said in stock and ready to ship. They even sent me a ups tracking number after 2 weeks and still no proress on the tracking, i called ups they informed me that they received a call and issued a number but never got the package. After several attempts to call customer service and no answer i finally went to the web site and requested a live chat with customer service the first girl told me there was nothing she could do and ended my chat. I tried again and got gina who was very rude and accused me off cutting off the other operator before i even told her who i was. After lots of run around and attitude she finally admitted they did not even have the product and said i was sent an email about this ( no email was ever sent!!!.) i finally told her i wanted to speak to a manager and she told me they were busy with other "important" issues, when i asked her if she was saying i a paying customer was not important she said she could not help me anymore just to keep checking to see when it is shipped. I demanded to speak to a manager 3 times and she finally told she would have tracy call me. I called the customer service line and let it ring for al least 5 minutes then guess who answered, gina! I asked to speak to tracy and she said who is this (not may i ask who's calling like a normal business) i then said excuse me but i asked to speak to tracy, she wouldn't put me through till i gave my name them of course gave me voice mail. My call was never returned. I reported them to the bbb. The business reply came from gina not a manager and she told them i was "very volgure and disrepectful and i called her a liar." the bbb said i could go to small claims court, but without more complaints from other customers they couldn't do anything at this time. My complaint will last for 3 years in file, but that is it. I hope people read these and quit buying from this company they are the type of company that need to be forced to change or close!!!

Gina needs some courses in business and customer service.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jan, 2009 by   Tammey 0 Votes
Wish I had seen this before I ordered from them...I order one product that showed to be in stock and would ship within 24 to 72 hours well here it is 3 weeks later and it isn't here, webpage shows that it is still in "process of being shipped" what a joke it has said that for over a week now. Called to cancel the order and they refuse as it is a "automated system" and they can't cancel once the payment has been processed...another joke as they processed my payment the same day I bought the item...Buyers please BEWARE as even the customer service is a joke at this company!!
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   chasity09 +1 Votes
I would recommend you to call the company for the card you used on seen on tv.com and see if you have an unauthorized charges... It took me 4ever to get the bndaroos, I had to call also, but I finally got them..not look what happened
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   Valerye21 0 Votes
I also wish I would have seen these before I bought a "tap teaser" the 2nd week of Jan, 2009. I was told that it hadn't

come from the warehouse...told that in Feb, March...then told it would be a week or so. I was told that April-May.

Yes, I gave them the benefit of the doubt...Danielle answered all my e-mails. Finally I DEMANDED my money back

and she told me it would be credited to my account. That was in June, 2009 - $23.99 I will NEVER see again!
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   mike en 0 Votes
i ordered a barkbuster from them, said it would take 2-3 weeks. 7 weeks later, i called them and asked them were it was, i got the rudest person, he said it was in high demand and that it would take a while for more shipments to come in. about 4 days later, i called 2 see if they had received any more, once again, i got a very rude woman that told me no it would be about a month longer, i then told her i wanted 2 cancel my order and get a refund, she finally said that an email was sent out 2 me and that i would be getting my refund. several days later, no email, no refund, i called back. i got the rudest "lady" telling me that i was never charged anything, that an email was sent, that i need 2 learn how 2 read my email and the order was canceled. she then hung up on me.
i am still in the works of getting my money back, ( which she claimed was never taking)
i will NEVER order from them again, and i will advise all my friends not to. i think they r scaming somehow
 19th of May, 2010 by   sunley74 0 Votes
I recently made a purchase at an "as seen on tv store" and it broke the first time I used it. (rolling insta bag). When I emailed customer service to complain they said there was nothing they could do and that I should contact the manufacturer. However, the name of the manufacturer is not on the box, nor is it on the website. I emailed them back, (someone by the name of Tracy) and asked for the name of the manufacturer. Her reply was that they don't know the name of the manufacturer. I just emailed her back and told her that I found it hard to believe that they carry a product and don't know who makes it. I told her that I would never buy again from their store and would make sure to tell everyone about the lousy products and even lousier customer service.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   vk calif 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY ON LINE, SHIPPING COSTS ARE A JOKE.
MY complaint was over the OVER CHARGING OF SHIPPING COSTS. It was almost as much as the 2 for 1 cost of the item.
THE SHED VAC IS A RIP OFF. IT STATES IT'S NOT A TOY, WELL IT WORKS JUST LIKE A TOY. IT COULDN'T SUCK AN EYE LASH OFF THE TABLE. Non the less my dogs hair. Then it took me several phone calls to get a return slip or number to return it. After paying out another 8 bucks to ship it back to them I am now out $23.86 for this product which wasn't what it claimed to be in the first place. See I paid, $19.99 for 2 shedvacs and an additional $15.86 for the shipping to receive the items. That took them 4 weeks to send out. They received them back in 3 days for me paying to ship them back an additional $8.00. They make more money overcharging for shipping then they get their products back to re-sell and rip off other customers. BEWARE IF YOU BUY ON LINE YOUR BEING RIPPED OFF ON THEIR SHIPPING ALONE. If you return it YOU DO NOT GET THE SHIPPING COSTS BACK. YOUR out more money then to send it back in the first place.
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   Tawn 0 Votes
I already posted about www.asseenontv.com sending me (and charging me) for the wrong item and I can't get ahold of them either by email or phone.

But it's worth repeating: AS SEEN ON TV WILL RIP YOU OFF.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   LP in PA 0 Votes
Their website insists on getting your personal info, including your credit card info, before showing any totals, shipping fees or taxes. Once you input the info, they run you through several pages of "special offers" with pop-ups and deceptive "discount plan" that is really another purchase - you purchase the "plan" itself. When you try to leave a page it opens a window that says "press OK to buy" or "cancel to stay on the page". You have to X out of the page.
By the time you find the page that has your inflated totals, it has no option to remove a product or cancel the order. It is a done deal by the time you even know what the cost is!! I immediately emailed customer service to cancel the order and got a reply from Tracy that says they have no order from me and to contact my credit card company.
I bought As Seen On TV products in stores and was happy with those, expected the same from the site. I ordered the lighted magnifier since I can't find one locally. Ironic how this was such an eye-opener.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   bonkers82 0 Votes
Wish I had of found this site last week, have ordered an ab circle pro from them, indstructed on a 5 day delivery. have not received an email confirming my order. Paid with a mastercard. cant find ANY details to contact them, online help is actually offline. what can/should I do. am really starting to panic( in the UK by the way)
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   KarenL9960 0 Votes
I had exactly the same experience - backordered item when ordered May 20, 2011. That was fine with me because I wasn't in too much of a hurry. HOWEVER... I have worked in mail order executive management for over 20 years. A vendor cannot actually CHARGE your card until the item ships. This unethical organization charged my card on May 26, 2011. I received an email on that date stating that delivery should be expected anywhere from June 3 to June 13, so everything appeared to be on the up and up. June 22 I decided that a "Where's My Order?" inquiry was called for (mind you, this is now almost a full month since they charged my card). The shipment tracking link led me to an error page, telling me no information about my shipment was available. The email resply to my inquiry (one day later) had an attached .pdf of a screen print showing me that the item was in transit. It showed an entry on May 26 that stated "Shipment Information Sent to FedEx". The next entry was dated JUNE 15, stating the shipment arrived at a FedEx location in Ellenwood GA (near this crooked company's GA facility). How convenient. Blame it on FedEx never getting around to picking up the shipment, I guess. Except we all know better. FedEx is a reputable company. I maintain that "As Seen on TV" wanted to get this sale booked in time for their May financial statements, so they fabricated this whole slimy ruse so they could charge my card before they actually had product to ship. I was out the use of those funds for almost a full month. Today, June 24, I did finally receive the product. Had there been anymore delay or flat out deceit, my next stop would have been the State of Georgia's State's Attorney's office to file a complaint about this company's business practices. I might still do so, but frankly, I think we can send them a stronger message by getting the word out that no one should order from these bums. I'm also writing directly to the manufacturer of this product (which is good) suggesting they do themselves a favor and try to find another channel of distribution.

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam